Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Mexican passports for Scholarship Students
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-15-2020 at 03:23 PM
Mexican passports for Scholarship Students

I have a dream that all my students get to see how we live in the U.S.

The first part of this process is to get them their Mexican passports. They cost $105 dollars and are good for 3 years.

I am looking for 8 sponsors for 8 really deserving college seniors.

If you are interested, please post here and please choose a name!

Here are my kids:

Enrique - majoring in Computer Science, this is his last semester and he is writing his thesis. He has passed ALL classes with excellent grades. He is the one in the front row, right side, with a black jacket and darkened glasses.

group shotA.jpg - 69kB

Martha is studying Business Administration in Santa Rosalia. Her dad is a policeman in Punta Abreojos. Great "I can do it" attitude.

xmas party 2019 Martha and BlancaA.jpg - 40kB

Alberto will become a Renewable Energy Engineer. He is in Santa Rosalia. His family is from the Laguna de San Ignacio.

Alberto and Blanca xmas 2019A.jpg - 64kB

Alondra, majoring in Industrial Engineering in Ensenada, is a fighter. She has been thru difficult times and almost fell thru the cracks after her grandmother and then Dad died, but managed to pull it together. I am so proud of her!

xmas 2019 Alondra and BlancaAA.jpg - 61kB

[Edited on 1-15-2020 by BajaBlanca]

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
BajaParrothead
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-15-2020 at 03:37 PM

Alondra. Always happy to help a fellow officer and his family!
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-15-2020 at 03:49 PM

PART 2

Javier is studying in La Paz to become a Civil Engineer.

xmas 2019 Javier and BlancaA.jpg - 49kB

Ramiro Nava is going to be our architect! His family lives in Punta Abreojos and he has a brother who just became a BECA BLANCA scholarship recipient last year. Ramiro has shown himself to be a star, from the get-go his professors used his projects in conferences they were off to. Should you go to Abre, he designed the hotel on the main drag close to the gas station and his Dad built it.

xmas 2019 Ramiro Nava and BlancaA.jpg - 59kB

Cristina is majoring in Oceanography. She lives with her Mom in Ensenada. She can't wait to become independent (remember that feeling? LOL). Her brother started to go down the wrong path, she worked with him so that he would buckle down. He got the grades up! He is such a great kid too and perhaps next year will join this group.

Cristina.JPG - 184kB

Just for the fun of it, here are Cristina's grades: 82 87 92 95 85

Dec 2019 grades.jpg - 47kB

The last senior is DAYR who studies Business Administration but I already used some extra cash his sponsor sent towards his passport. He already has his appointment in a couple days.

xmas party 2019 Dayr and BlancaX.jpg - 52kB

Come visit La Bocana

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-15-2020 at 04:03 PM

:biggrin:

ALONDRA IN! whoot whoooooooot

She just wrote that she and her Mom will go to La Paz in a couple days! I love how my "kids" GET IT DONE!!

Thanks so much for sponsoring her BajaParrotHead.

Come visit La Bocana

BajaParrothead
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-15-2020 at 04:42 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  
:biggrin:

ALONDRA IN! whoot whoooooooot

She just wrote that she and her Mom will go to La Paz in a couple days! I love how my "kids" GET IT DONE!!

Thanks so much for sponsoring her BajaParrotHead.

You are so welcome. Glad to see Dayr gets to go as well.
How is Edgar doing in his studies?

Blanca, thank you for doing all you do for these deserving, hard working kids. Glad to see they all have you in their corner!!!:bounce::bounce:
BajaParrothead
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-15-2020 at 04:54 PM

Count Martha in as well!
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-16-2020 at 05:28 AM

All the kids did VERY well this past semester. Edgar said that college was a piece of cake. No issues at all adjusting. I was pretty happy to hear how easy it was for him.

Come visit La Bocana

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-16-2020 at 07:09 PM

Dayr and Alondra already have appointments to get their passports. They will send photos as soon as they have them in hand.

My son has taken on one student and a high school best friend has taken on another. 5 down - three to go!

The other great news is that two ex students of mine who are not part of the scholarship project, went to Europe for 10 days. I was their teacher in middle school. Every time we traveled around Mexico, I shared photos and every time we went to Europe, I shared photos and stories. They made their dream come true. They went to London and Paris. One of them is Betsy and she has been my travel guide assistant for students going to San Diego for the 1st time. I love that for the first time EVER, students are dreaming big.

Come visit La Bocana

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-16-2020 at 10:16 PM

Another sponsor in! Susan will take Enrique since his classes have already begun and he is in La Paz.

Two students to go … muy Bueno.

Come visit La Bocana

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-18-2020 at 09:15 PM

I found a sponsor who will take on both Cristina and Ramiro but one other sponsor fell through.

Great news on the 2!

One sponsor had to renig, so I have one student still to go...manos a obra or time to work! Looking for a last sponsor who will get Javier in La Paz his passport.

Come visit La Bocana

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-29-2020 at 02:27 AM

Last student got sponsored for his passport! Turns out they have to get an RFC (free) and a new version of their birth certificates ($300 pesos). How odd is it that your original is useless? I will NEVER understand this, but there it is!

The 4 who are in La Paz have appointments for 1st week in Feb. The two who are in La Bocana and Punta Abreojos have to find rides to La Paz and two others are in Ensenada, they should start the process today.

Now for the visa to go to America (whenever I write AMERICA, in my head I sing I wanna go to America from West Side Story. and I remember that I was not cast for Maria when I tried out for the high school play...but I digress because I believe I already have a first sponsor for a visa!! Not cheap at $160 bucks.

:bounce:

Come visit La Bocana

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 2-5-2020 at 09:02 PM

Two kids already have their passports in hand!

Dayr's

Dayr passport 2  2020  xx.jpg - 36kB

Javier's

Javier passport 2020  xx.jpg - 33kB

Eight kids still to go but they are learning an important lesson on how to deal with beaurocracy! We all just love beaurocracy, right?

Come visit La Bocana

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.