Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Traffic tickets
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 2-18-2020 at 04:27 PM

Quote: Originally posted by RocketJSquirrel  
6.5 years here, driving every day. Never even stopped. And I am a bit of a sloppy driver. Ran more than a few semi-hidden stop signs. Not sure how people get stopped so regularly. Of course, maybe my time(s) coming...

the cops pullover the people that drive poorly, drive with a lead foot, drive like jerks. these people are so bone headed they cannot see they are the problem, they react by blaming the police.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 2-18-2020 at 04:45 PM
One DOES Wonder .....................

Regardless of the Pay to Play debate, I've always been skeptical of all those innocents preyed upon.

In 50 years ('63-'13) of driving in Mexico and (maybe) a couple dozen stops over those five decades, with ONE clear exception, I had committed the offenses. Mostly "speed" and "failure to obey stop signs" with a couple of "towing" violations.

While the line was pretty fine in some cases, I could say the same about some N.O.B. citations.

Speaking of which, more than once over the years, I've found that I was the only guilty person in Traffic school when I attended.

Odd ? Just coincidence, I guess.

JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-18-2020 at 05:32 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

You must be a bad driver.

I have been stopped once in 10 years. And I was at fault.
In my experience, cops typically only stop drivers that deserve to be stopped.

Yeah, we deserved it. I've only been stopped 3 times personally in about 15 years. It's always one of my MX friends getting stopped when driving my truck.

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

chippy
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-18-2020 at 05:42 PM

They definetly profile you down here. It´s all about the US plates. With my Colima plates I´ve (in the last 10 years) never been pulled over for anything. Before that (cal plates) many times.
Alan
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-18-2020 at 05:54 PM

Quote: Originally posted by chippy  
They definetly profile you down here. It´s all about the US plates. With my Colima plates I´ve (in the last 10 years) never been pulled over for anything. Before that (cal plates) many times.
South Dakota plates are as good as local in La Paz:lol:

In Memory of E-57
Suntan

[*] posted on 2-20-2020 at 06:19 PM

We camped at Daggetts campground in BOLA for over ten years. In that ten years over half of the travelers that crossed at Tecate were shook down with phoney cop stops. First time in Mexico they paid the fines to the cops and left with a lousy feeling about Mexico and their security. Most vowed to never come back and would tell their friends the story. Those travelers who refused the intimidation were let go. Bad cops are bad anyplace. Refuse to pay mordita and report the scumbags to the state secretariat of tourism by dialing tourist assistant hotline 078. I vowed never to never drink the their crappy Tecate beer again or cross in their corrupt city.
charliemanson
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-22-2020 at 06:49 PM

Funny?, we live here and NEVER stop at signs. But we do have BCS plates. Most get pulled over for driving Mexican stupid and actually stopping at stop signs...which is a dead give away for a mordita. Love those cops getting stupid people off the road or keeping them from coming back!

Please just don't pay them and take your ticket the the municipal: Thanks for coming!
Whale-ista
Super Nomad

Mood: Sunny with chance of whales

[*] posted on 2-23-2020 at 12:17 PM

Oh my goodness Blanca- you really did that?!
This made me laugh!

Let this be a lesson to all: don't mess with teachers!

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  
This thread made me giggle remembering the time we drove to La Paz, I believe it was over New Years 3 years ago. After a 10 hour drive, exhausted and about 3 blocks from our destination, a cop pulls us over...

I am a teacher and took voice lessons on how to project my voice, and I am Brazilian to top it off, I can be loud. I was loud, very loud that day.

I remember he asked me Is this YOUR car? Nope, I yelled, but IF YOU WANT IT, SAY SO NOW AND TAKE IT NOW.

I see one cop look at the other (this Gringa is loca look and we better let her go before this gets any uglier look). Que tenga buen dia hahaha Have a nice day and he points to the road!

and mind you, we were in the wrong but come on. The sticker was something like 300 pesos, ridiculously inexpensive but the offices were closed for the holidays. Nahhhh, I was not having it! 10+ hours of being in the car plus being very stressed over our perro being stressed sent this woman into a meltdown.

I tell you, it was a sight to see.

Thanks for the giggle!

\"Probably the airplanes will bring week-enders from Los Angeles before long, and the beautiful poor bedraggled old town will bloom with a Floridian ugliness.\" (John Steinbeck, 1940, discussing the future of La Paz, BCS, Mexico)
Whale-ista
Super Nomad

Mood: Sunny with chance of whales

[*] posted on 2-23-2020 at 12:27 PM
Never received a ticket in Baja...but

I was a passenger in a car many years ago, and the driver was stopped shortly after we had crossed the border into Tijuana, allegedly for "illegally crossing a lane."

We were trying to get to the toll road, and it's likely she had crossed at the wrong place. (The pre-Chaparral entrance was a lot less driver-friendly)

The car was full of college students, on our way to meet friends for lunch at La Mision. I tried (from the backseat) to translate the reason we had been stopped, and the driver's options. The non-Spanish speaking driver just handed over a $20 and we continued on our way.

It wouldn't have been my first choice, but at lunch she collected $5 from each of the passengers for the "Tijuana toll"- and we agreed it was faster and easier than arguing about it- and we made it to lunch on time.

\"Probably the airplanes will bring week-enders from Los Angeles before long, and the beautiful poor bedraggled old town will bloom with a Floridian ugliness.\" (John Steinbeck, 1940, discussing the future of La Paz, BCS, Mexico)
Marc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Waiting

[*] posted on 2-25-2020 at 11:11 AM

I have been stopped twice in 40+ years. Both times my fault. Both times pay the cop & on my way.:cool:
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.