Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: San Ignacio Lagoon whale petting
BajaMama
Super Nomad

Mood: Got Baja fever!!

[*] posted on 3-4-2020 at 07:39 AM
San Ignacio Lagoon whale petting

Got back from Loreto Sunday - had an amazing experience petting the whales with Kuyima at San Ignacio Lagoon. I was surprised at how many whales were there, and how the mamas follow their babies to the boats to be petted. Weather was super windy one of the days and we toured the oyster farm - who knew that was there? We stayed at Ignacio Springs night before we drove to the eco-camp. What a great place! Took your recommendations and stayed at Hotel Oasis in Loreto. Yes it is a little tired but nice. Interestingly it is the ONLY hotel I have been to in Baja that does not provide trashcans in the bathroom. Weird. This was the first time in 15 years we spent time in Loreto and I was surprised at how clean and cute it was. Really enjoyed our stay.
nbentley1
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-4-2020 at 03:08 PM

Did they have the scallops in the restaurant? They are amazing. The whole outfit is a class act.
Baja_Traveler

[*] posted on 3-5-2020 at 10:52 AM

Nice! - The wife and I leave Saturday morning for San Ignacio, crossing at Mexicali and heading down for our annual whale petting trip, with a quick stop at Punta Bufeo to drop off some supplies for a buddy of mine. We usually make San Ignacio by night fall, and head into the lagoon the next morning. This will be our 10th visit to Kuyima - just love it there, then off to Villa del Palmar in Loreto for some golf.
BajaMama
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-8-2020 at 08:08 AM

nbentley1, yes they had the scallops. The food was actually my only complaint - the seafood was WAY overcooked. You should not have to use a knife to cut into it :/

Baja_Traveler - wow ten years, cool! When hubby retires we may drive down for the whales (I drive to Punta Chivato twice a year). The whales are definitely a do-over. Will have to visit Shari Bondy at Whale Magic Guerrero Negro, too.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 3-8-2020 at 08:32 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaMama  
nbentley1, yes they had the scallops. The food was actually my only complaint - the seafood was WAY overcooked. You should not have to use a knife to cut into it :/

The “scallops” were probably callo de acha. Not a true scallop. They are the hatchet clam. They require a knife to cut. Just the nature of the beast...

[Edited on 3-8-2020 by mtgoat666]

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

basautter
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-10-2020 at 03:43 AM

Nice! Can you post a few pics?
BajaMama
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-10-2020 at 07:09 AM

Quote: Originally posted by basautter  
Nice! Can you post a few pics?

I can't figure out how. Last I heard I have to have some online account to upload them from. I get tired of that stuff. I like it simple. If I can directly upload from my laptop, I can upload a video (all I have), let me know if that's possible.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.