Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Missing Person OK:
JZ
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 3-24-2020 at 12:40 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

hogwash!
95% of mexicans traveling unpaved roads are in 2WD vehicles, just because you got 4x4 on the brain does not mean that everyone else needs to travel with same toys you do.
you can drive a 2WD car many places, just need to stop when the road gets too rough. most unpaved roads in baja are used by ranchers, so maintained.
the only really bad roads are the abandoned (no longer maintained) roads, but many of these old unmaintained roads can be traveled in 2WD for quite a distance... just need to stop at point the road gets too bad

You are fool if you travel offroad w/o 4x4.

[Edited on 3-24-2020 by JZ]

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 3-24-2020 at 01:16 PM
Hijacking?

I have done it myself, but in a thread reaching out for help it is out of place! Bump the thread if you feel it would help, but lets stay on topic!

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
lizard lips
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-24-2020 at 01:56 PM

Just learned Bryce is good. This came from Mom. Thank God. Didn't want this having a bad ending! Don't know the details as yet but don't you think he should have called his mom a long time ago? He needs a harsh spanking!
Don Pisto
Super Nomad

Mood: weary like everyone else

[*] posted on 3-24-2020 at 02:47 PM

another happy mom, thats how we like em!:D
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-25-2020 at 05:01 AM

:bounce:

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
BajaBill74
Nomad

Mood: Beyond Extatic!

[*] posted on 3-25-2020 at 03:31 PM

I'd still like to know what happened. It could be a lesson for all.

What I'm doing at work is so secret, even I don't know what I'm doing!

One should believe in God, because even Google doesn't know everything.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 3-25-2020 at 03:40 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  

hogwash!
95% of mexicans traveling unpaved roads are in 2WD vehicles, just because you got 4x4 on the brain does not mean that everyone else needs to travel with same toys you do.
you can drive a 2WD car many places, just need to stop when the road gets too rough. most unpaved roads in baja are used by ranchers, so maintained.
the only really bad roads are the abandoned (no longer maintained) roads, but many of these old unmaintained roads can be traveled in 2WD for quite a distance... just need to stop at point the road gets too bad

You are fool if you travel offroad w/o 4x4.

you are a fool to say such.

i stand by my statement that 2wd is fine for most unpaved roads in baja or anywhere. use your eyeballs and stop driving if road gets bad.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

Don Pisto
Super Nomad

Mood: weary like everyone else

[*] posted on 3-25-2020 at 03:48 PM

pity those fools that bought prerunners! :lol:
wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-25-2020 at 04:25 PM

So, Bryce, what happened? Give us a trip report.
JZ
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 3-25-2020 at 04:42 PM

i stand by my statement that 2wd is fine for most unpaved roads in baja or anywhere. use your eyeballs and stop driving if road gets bad.

I like to drive on the beach.

Good luck getting out of an arroyo. You'll be begging for help.

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Maderita
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-25-2020 at 08:34 PM

lencho wrote: "I had a K5 Blazer into which I swapped a limited slip rear diff. After that I've been thinking I could probably get away with a rear-wheel only drive rig with rear diff slip control of some sort. The simplicity of not having all that front drive train appeals to me."

lencho,
I've had some vehicles which kick burro in 2WD with a locking rear differential and A/T or M/T tires. There have even been some situations where it was superior to 4WD with open diffs.

Limited slip (aka: Posi Traction) is not much benefit. The torque transferred to the other wheel is minimal. A locking diff provides 100% of the available traction to both tires.

If you are offroad much or most of the time, and don't mind some unusual handling characteristics on the highway, the Eaton Corporation "Detroit Locker" is the gold standard in reliability. Most people will want a "selectable locker", part-time and actuated either by pneumatic or electric push-button.

I've had multiple problems with the ARB "Air Locker". The compressor wore out, the air line leaked, and gear oil back-flowed into the air solenoid. The Eaton "E-Locker" proved totally reliable in my Jeep Wrangler w/ a Ford 8.8 rear axle. Press a button to engage the electromagnetic ball-ramp actuating mechanism.

DO NOT try to go cheap and get a drop-in locker (aka:"lunchbox locker"). You will pay a lot more when (not if) it self-destructs and destroys your axle. Been there, done that :(

A locking diff is not a substitute for 4WD, but it does make a huge difference!
https://www.eaton.com/us/en-us/catalog/differentials/eaton-e...

[Edited on 3-26-2020 by Maderita]
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-25-2020 at 08:51 PM

I like to drive on the beach.

Good luck getting out of an arroyo. You'll be begging for help.

Speaking of arroyos, in January We were on camping trip with friends in a ford van, in an arroyo, we buried the 2wd rear to the axle in poorly graded coarse sand... jacked up the rear, filled in the holes, turned off traction control and continued down the arroyo... didn’t even bother to deflate the tires. (minor delay because we forgot to disable tc before venturing off road)

Don’t be a wimp, jizzy. Man up, and quit relying on crutches to cover your incompetent driving.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

JZ
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 3-25-2020 at 09:18 PM

Speaking of arroyos, in January We were on camping trip with friends in a ford van, in an arroyo, we buried the 2wd rear to the axle in poorly graded coarse sand... jacked up the rear, filled in the holes, turned off traction control and continued down the arroyo... didn’t even bother to deflate the tires. (minor delay because we forgot to disable tc before venturing off road)

Don’t be a wimp, jizzy. Man up, and quit relying on crutches to cover your incompetent driving.

You know how I know you've never been off the payment before? Leave the off road stuff to the grown ups.

wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-26-2020 at 07:18 AM

men and their pi s s ing contest

[Edited on 3-26-2020 by wilderone]
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 3-26-2020 at 07:34 AM

Quote: Originally posted by wilderone  
men and their pi s s ing contest

[Edited on 3-26-2020 by wilderone]

Can you write out your initials?

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 3-26-2020 at 09:54 PM

You know how I know you've never been off the payment before? Leave the off road stuff to the grown ups.

The Pendejo Goat has never been off road in his life. Except when they repaved the Mall parking lot. Cant drive a dirt bike SXS or pedal on the beach. Has no clue how to drive a 4x4 off road only arm chair talker. Anybody want off road info Pendeio Goat would be worthless advice. Talk about a wimp he only needs look in the mirror.:bounce::bounce::bounce:
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-26-2020 at 10:32 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajatrailrider  

The Pendejo Goat has never been off road in his life. Except when they repaved the Mall parking lot. Cant drive a dirt bike SXS or pedal on the beach. Has no clue how to drive a 4x4 off road only arm chair talker. Anybody want off road info Pendeio Goat would be worthless advice. Talk about a wimp he only needs look in the mirror.:bounce::bounce::bounce:

Hey cupcake, you ever going to put up a stack of 100 x $100 bills for that bet you keep blathering about? Susan, you are all hat, no cattle; all smoke, no fire; all mouth, no trousers; all hammer, no nail. :P:P:P

Woke!

bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 3-27-2020 at 10:19 AM

Pussy cat Goat you showed all on Nomad that your a scared little boy. One way 10 grand bet. Since you where scared now new bet you have to put up other 10 grand to match mine. The president you love Trump since your on sec 8 will give you bail out money. To get back to your comments about 2 WD V 4 WD. As a tourist means you don't even have simple knowledge of Baja wheeling. In the states more dirt roads can be driven in 2 WD drive . In Baja most all dirt roads are ok in 2wd . Most all have bad spots that 2wd cannot pass or damage your rig. I hope this gives you Mr clueless a little info . Make America Decent Again Throw out red hair Pendejo Goat. Please don't Dump in Baja. JAAAAAAAA
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.