Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4
Author: Subject: Lock up your beer!
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 4-8-2020 at 08:07 AM
Lock up your beer!

And try to do it when you are sober enough to remember what you did with the key!

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
defrag4
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-8-2020 at 02:11 PM

they just banned alcohol sales here in Loreto for the next month with no notification

luckily I just stocked the hell up yesterday in preparation of this coming down the tube

now if it lasts longer for a month... im going to have to get some copper lines and some maize going

Driving the PanAmerican Highway
https://www.facebook.com/homeonthehighway/
RFClark
Super Nomad

Mood: Looking forward to 2024

[*] posted on 4-8-2020 at 02:29 PM

“now if it lasts longer for a month... im going to have to get some copper lines and some maize going”

That’s the reason I have a 100’ roll of S.S. 1/4” Tube in the garage. Cause you never know.
bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 4-8-2020 at 02:33 PM

Any ex-cons got a good recipe for prune-o? :light:

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

Paco Facullo
Super Nomad

Mood: Abiding ..........

[*] posted on 4-8-2020 at 04:52 PM

From Mexico News Daily,,

Beer essential for enduring quarantine, say store owners
Tienditas call for its declaration as an essential product.

Beer is essential for enduring the long weeks cooped up at home to avoid the spread of Covid-19, claims the National Alliance of Small Businessowners (Anpec), which insists it be declared as such.

Major beer manufacturers halted production after the beverage failed to make the federal government’s list of essential products during the Covid-19 emergency declaration period and many states and municipalities across the country have enacted dry laws to prohibit sales.

“The isolation at home is causing states of anxiety, desperation, [and] fear that could eventually lead to episodes of irritability and intolerance, friction and disagreements between family members,” said Anpec in a statement.

“Spending all day together for over a month will have consequences and in this environment the consumption of beer at home works like a relaxant, a drink for use in moderation that contributes to enduring the strictest terms of this difficult test.”

The small businesses that Anpec represents depend on beer sales for as much as 40% of their monthly revenues and cutting them off from that income will generate significant losses for the owners, the alliance said.

It warned that beer’s status as a nonessential product could push thousands of small businesses to the brink of collapse and cause employers to lay off employees by the thousands.

“We mustn’t forget that this value chain generates over 500,000 jobs, from the field to the small business. The shortage will also cause price hikes due to speculation, affecting the already weakened economy. All of this increases the losses from the preventative measures,” Anpec said.

It pleaded with the federal government to allow beer sales to resume to avoid further negative effects.

“Just as cement and steel were recently declared essential products, [which] reactivated their production, it is necessary to do the same with the beer industry so that it can return to production.”

Since I've given up all hope, I feel much better
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 4-8-2020 at 05:37 PM

Prohibition part deux!

Surely, there are rum runners in town that can supply spirits for your addiction, eh?

And if you got the goods, now is a good time to open a speak easy!

[Edited on 4-9-2020 by mtgoat666]

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 4-8-2020 at 05:38 PM

If beer is unavailable, perhaps now is a good time to try pot smoking :light:

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

bajabuddha
Banned

Mood: Always cranky unless medicated

[*] posted on 4-8-2020 at 10:51 PM

".......... Too much, too little, too late...... "

ta daa ta daaa ta daaaaa..........

Stay home, stay in, stay high, stay safe, stay mellow, keep the faith.....

I feel a song coming on... :cool:

I don't have a BUCKET LIST, but I do have a F***- IT LIST a mile long!

86 - 45*

MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 4-9-2020 at 10:19 AM
A Tune for the Times

From Mose Allison:

"I don't worry about a Thing ('Cuz I know nothing's gonna be alright)"

Skipping around the news channels this a.m. (Bloomberg, CNN, Fox, CNBC, MSNBC), I noticed one (varying) common thread ............... we seem to be entering the (anticipated) intensification of the "shaming" phase i.e. "YOU are (criminally ?) threatening your neighbor IF you don't stay at home as told."

Other than that, one interesting difference in coverage was the Fox focus (given predictions that we're going to lose a half-generation of production) on making China pay the price for OUR economic damage. And, of course, their support for the Big Orange threatening to cutoff the W.H.O. because it is THEIR fault for not responding properly.

It's going to get uglier.

"If this life is driving you to drink
Sitting round wondering just what to think
Well I've got some consolation
I'll give it to you if I might

You know, I don't worry about a thing
'Cuz I know nothing's going to be alright"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1030 hr.

Speaking of Corona Coverage and watching (at the moment) Fox, in a viewer "ask the experts" Q and A, one lady just asked:

"IF you're in Quarantine, is it OK to reuse your toothbrush ?"

WHAT, it's a shared brush ?

[Edited on 4-9-2020 by MrBillM]
white whale
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-9-2020 at 01:58 PM

Beer in Mexico? Nothing to get excited over. I was amazed to see Bud light EVERYWHERE, if not in a cooler then empty cans in the street. People can be so easily led astray.....

As for the domestic brands - meh. Put Corona in a brown bottle the brand would disappear. Pacifico was Ok. Tecate - no thanks. I was just more impressed to see and learn Heineken bought in to the Mexico market
and they were there to sell volume @ a good price.

As for shutting down, hats off to the health officials and business for taking it seriously. That did more to drive a message than anything else the gov could have done. If Mexico City doesn't become a New York City in the next few weeks it will be a major miracle.

This ain't no party, this ain't no disco, this ain't no foolin' around Life During Wartime - Talking Heads '79
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 4-9-2020 at 02:32 PM
Heineken in Mexico

I gave up drinking the real stuff quite a few years ago, but I still like an NA version, if I can find one of the few good ones.

All that used to be available in La Paz was Corona Cero (crap!) so I was pleased to discover Heineken NA at Walmart, and at a very reasonable price. It ain't real beer, but very drinkable.

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 4-9-2020 at 03:33 PM
UnBeer

Reading the supermarket sales ads Tuesday, one item that caused a momentary W-T-F ? was Bud Light and Corona Seltzer. Given the revolting recent years offerings of beer mixed with other stuff, I was not surprised, but it turns out not to be beer at all. Just (more or less) fruit-flavored (5 %) alcoholic fizz.

WHO buys this crap ?

OK, that's a rhetorical question. The popularity of Bud Light has proven that some will drink anything.
 Pages:  1  2    4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.