Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Johns Hopkins University = FAKE news
Paco Facullo
Super Nomad

Mood: Abiding ..........

[*] posted on 4-3-2020 at 02:26 PM
Johns Hopkins University = FAKE news

Johns Hopkins University has sent this excellent summary to avoid contagion, share it because it is very clear:

* The virus is not a living organism, but a protein molecule (DNA) covered by a protective layer of lipids (fats) which, if absorbed by the cells of the ocular, nasal or mouth mucosa, changes their genetic code. (mutation) and converts them into multiplier and
attacker cells.

* Since the virus is not a living organism but a protein molecule, it is not killed, but decays on its own. The disintegration time depends on the temperature, humidity and the type of material in which it is found.

* The virus is very fragile; the only thing that protects it is a thin outer layer of fat. That's why any soap or detergent is the best remedy, because the foam BREAKS THE GREASE (that's why you have to rub so much: for at least 20 seconds or more, and make a lot of foam). By dissolving the fat layer, the protein molecule disperses and breaks down on its own.
HEAT melts the fat; then use water above 25 degrees to wash your hands, clothes and everything else. In addition, hot water produces more foam which makes it even more useful.

* Alcohol or any mixture with alcohol greater than 65% DISSOLVES ANY FAT, especially the external lipid layer of the virus.

* Any mixture with 1 part of bleach and 5 parts of water directly dissolves the protein, breaks it down from the inside.

* Hydrogen peroxide helps a lot after soap, alcohol and chlorine, because peroxide dissolves the proteins of the virus, but you have to use it pure and it hurts the skin.
NO BACTERICIDES. The virus is not a living organism like bacteria; one cannot kill with antibiotics what is not alive, but rapidly disintegrate its structure with all that has been said.

* NEVER shake used or unused clothing, sheets or clothing. While it is glued on a porous surface, it is very inert and disintegrates only between 3 hours (fabric and porous), 4 hours (copper, because it is naturally antiseptic; and wood, because it removes all moisture and does not let it detach and disintegrates), 24 hours (cardboard), 42 hours (metal) and 72 hours (plastic). But if you shake it or use a duster, the virus molecules float in the air for up to 3 hours and can settle in your nose.
Viral molecules remain very stable in external or artificial cold like air conditioners in homes and cars. They also need moisture to remain stable and especially darkness. Therefore, dehumidified, dry, warm and bright environments will degrade it more quickly.

* UV LIGHT on any object that may contain it breaks the virus protein. For example, to disinfect and reuse a mask is perfect. Be careful, it also breaks down collagen (which is a protein) in the skin, eventually causing wrinkles and skin cancer.

* The virus CANNOT go through healthy skin.

* Vinegar is NOT useful because it does not break the protective layer of fat.
NO ALCOHOL or VODKA. The strongest vodka is 40% alcohol and you need 65%.

* LISTERINE (it's an American mouthwash) IF YOU NEED IT! It's 65% alcohol.

* The more space is limited, the higher the concentration of the virus. More open or naturally ventilated, less.

* This is super said, but you have to wash your hands before and after touching the mucous membrane, food, locks, knobs, switches, remote control, cell phone, watches, computers, desks, TV, etc. And when using the bathroom.

* You must HUMIDIFY DRY HANDS, for example wash them a lot, because molecules can hide in micro wrinkles or cuts. The denser the moisturizer, the better.

* Also keep your SHORT NAILS so that the virus doesn't hide there

[Edited on 4-3-2020 by Paco Facullo]

[Edited on 4-3-2020 by Paco Facullo]

Since I've given up all hope, I feel much better
memin.pinguin

[*] posted on 4-3-2020 at 03:32 PM

Fake!

"This is not something produced by Johns Hopkins Medicine (JHM). We have seen rumors and misinformation about COVID-19 citing our experts and circulating on social media, and we have received several inquiries from the general public about these posts. We do not know their origin, and they lack credibility."

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/johns-hopkins-covid-summar...

Paco Facullo
Super Nomad

Mood: Abiding ..........

[*] posted on 4-3-2020 at 03:35 PM

Bummer, Sorry for not checking first. But you did, Thanks

Since I've given up all hope, I feel much better
4x4abc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: happy - always

[*] posted on 4-3-2020 at 09:58 PM

not from Johns Hopkins - but nonetheless every word is correct in this paper

Harald Pietschmann
memin.pinguin

[*] posted on 4-4-2020 at 05:58 AM

Quote: Originally posted by 4x4abc  
...nonetheless every word is correct in this paper

False!

For example, to disinfect and reuse a mask is perfect.

That is actually a very critical remark.
You may want to consult with a health professional about that statement.
Snopes.com is a reliable fact checker!
If they publish "lack of credibility" it is so!

wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 4-6-2020 at 02:20 AM
Researchers Find Way to Clean, Re-Use N95 Masks

"Researchers at the Duke Regional Biocontainment Laboratory found that vaporized hydrogen peroxide kills germs on the masks after they're worn."

Hydrogen Peroxide is around $ 30-40 per gallon in the states and can be shipped to most states ... not sure about MX

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20200330/researchers-find-wa...

Good luck everyone .... stay safe and be safe

https://www.genengnews.com/magazine/253/hydrogen-peroxide-va...

[Edited on 4-6-2020 by wessongroup]
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-6-2020 at 05:31 AM

Quote: Originally posted by wessongroup  

Hydrogen Peroxide is around $ 30-40 per gallon in the states and can be shipped to most states ... not sure about MX

Our local dollar stores have plenty of hydrogen peroxide. And rubbing alcohol.

John

[Edited on 4-6-2020 by John Harper]
memin.pinguin

[*] posted on 4-6-2020 at 07:36 AM

"Researchers at the Duke Regional Biocontainment Laboratory found that vaporized hydrogen peroxide kills germs on the masks after they're worn."

Note that based on manufacturer recommendations, N95 masks are designed for one-time use. 3M, a prominent producer of N95 masks, performed internal testing of various sterilizing strategies and does not endorse any of them.

There is no way of determining the maximum possible number of safe reuses for an N95 respirator as a generic number to be applied in all cases. Safe N95 reuse is affected by a number of variables that impact respirator function and contamination over time.

Technical Report for H​2​O​2​-Based N95 Reuse Risk Management

PaulW
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-6-2020 at 08:50 AM

And how many hours can one hang up a mask before the virus is dead?
Lots of data out there that pertains to the common man on how long the virus survives when attached to various things. For a hospital reuse decontamination needs to be much better. Of course no reuse is the goal if replacements can be found. I don't think even in a hospital situation they do not throw away the last mask.
3M is going to say what the lawyers tell them to say.
ncampion
Super Nomad

Mood: Retired and Loving it

[*] posted on 4-6-2020 at 09:00 AM

That's their lawyers talking. Their business is to sell masks.

Quote: Originally posted by memin.pinguin  

Note that based on manufacturer recommendations, N95 masks are designed for one-time use. 3M, a prominent producer of N95 masks, performed internal testing of various sterilizing strategies and does not endorse any of them.

There is no way of determining the maximum possible number of safe reuses for an N95 respirator as a generic number to be applied in all cases. Safe N95 reuse is affected by a number of variables that impact respirator function and contamination over time.

Technical Report for H​2​O​2​-Based N95 Reuse Risk Management

Living Large in Loreto. Off-grid and happy.
Bajazly
Senior Nomad

Mood: More Relaxed Everyday

[*] posted on 4-6-2020 at 09:19 AM

I found a dozen N95 masks I bought last year for a project in my storage a few days ago. I'll start wearing one going to Calimax and anywhere more than a few people are congregated I may need to be. My thought is, I bought a spray bottle that I filled with alcohol and when I get home I'll mist inside and outside of the mask and hang it in the window in the sun.

It may not be a perfect scenario and certainly not for a hospital setting but it will make a dozen masks go for more than a dozen trips out.

Believing is religion - Knowing is science

Harald Pietschmann

"Get off the beaten path and memories, friends and new techniques are developed"

Bajazly, August 2019
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 4-6-2020 at 09:36 AM
Stay or Go ?

It's up to the Spirit in the Sky.

Or, so I've been told.

IF he/she decides it's your time to head for the Paradise turnstile, you're good to go.

IF you still need work (and/or suffering ?), your residency continues.

Or, is it the reverse ?

It does get a bit confusing at times.

Too bad there isn't a systematic Heavenly 30-day notice in place.
BajaTed
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-6-2020 at 09:50 AM

Mama, take this badge off of me
I can't use it anymore
It's gettin' dark, too dark to see
I feel I'm knockin' on heaven's door
Knock, knock, knockin' on heaven's door
Mama, put my guns in the ground
I can't shoot them anymore
That long black cloud is comin' down
I feel I'm knockin' on heaven's door
Source: LyricFind
Songwriters: Bob Dylan

Es Todo Bueno
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 4-6-2020 at 10:07 AM
Blame the Brits ?

For the Devil's work ?

"Some say the Devil is Dead, the Devil is Dead, the Devil is Dead. Some say the Devil is Dead and buried in Killarney. More say he rose again, more say he rose again. More say he rose again and joined the British Army"

The Wolfe Tones (Derek Warfield)
white whale
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-6-2020 at 10:35 AM

when I first read the information I thought sounded pretty factual . Just did a copy / paste
and this is the youtube clip the points seem to come from - verbatim.
It's one of those computer voices so doesn't instill extra confidence. This post is AFTER the posting here so it may be a re-posting. Covid tips on social media are getting checked and deleted if too specific or with "cures" or treatment in the message.

https://youtu.be/Cfhy23Pcvok

The Listerine point was least encouraging - BUT if that's all you have why not.

=======================

Masks? Yes if I was the manufacturer I'd only want to say one time use too. Better business but more importantly who would want the extra risk of saying anything but that? It is 100% no win.

This ain't no party, this ain't no disco, this ain't no foolin' around Life During Wartime - Talking Heads '79
BajaNomad
Super Administrator
Thread Closed
4-13-2020 at 11:29 AM

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.