Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4
Author: Subject: Mulege/San Ignacio accommodations
Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-14-2020 at 04:05 PM

Quote: Originally posted by white whale  

ahh the 5 gal bucket , just a few spots down from the wheel for usefulness.
Yours will do the job.
However in this scenario I was more thinking being low impact on the land and resources and if you'd have to stay holed up in a remote spot for a while. Baja is 98% uninhabited so a shovel would be key.

In the desert along the road the visual contamination with toilet paper is more apparent that the actual "stuff". The stuff will dry out soon but the TP will be flying around for a year. Also, broken bottles. Why people do this, is hard to understand.
twogringos
Nomad

Mood: I feel more like I do now than I ever have before

[*] posted on 4-15-2020 at 07:42 AM

23S52N, On April 4 we drove from Asuncion to Calexico in 9 1/2 hr with fuel in Vizcaino and Gonzaga Bay and a lunch stop. Took the East entry and was car #3 in line, Sunday 4PM PDT. From San Ignacio it would be less time.

[Edited on 4-15-2020 by twogringos]
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 4-15-2020 at 09:32 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Alm  
Quote: Originally posted by white whale  

ahh the 5 gal bucket , just a few spots down from the wheel for usefulness.
Yours will do the job.
However in this scenario I was more thinking being low impact on the land and resources and if you'd have to stay holed up in a remote spot for a while. Baja is 98% uninhabited so a shovel would be key.

In the desert along the road the visual contamination with toilet paper is more apparent that the actual "stuff". The stuff will dry out soon but the TP will be flying around for a year. Also, broken bottles. Why people do this, is hard to understand.

dig a hole
poop in hole
put TP in hole
burn TP
backfill hole

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 4-15-2020 at 09:39 AM

There are lots of s-eating critters out there willing to dig up your deposit if they can. When possible, it is good to put a large rock on top the burial site.

What a gross turn this has taken! :barf:

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-15-2020 at 09:44 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

dig a hole
poop in hole
put TP in hole
burn TP
backfill hole

Nice in theory but the burning part doesn't work well. First, TP is wet after use, and second, it may fly away before you make a bonfire. Need to collect it doggie bag.
BajaMama
Super Nomad

Mood: Got Baja fever!!

[*] posted on 4-16-2020 at 06:34 AM

For jeep camping in the Sierras we have a five gallon with some sort of specialized bag that seals up. We put the sealed in the trash carrier that hangs outside the back of the jeep. Works great.
Mother of Dragons
Nomad

Mood: Waiting

[*] posted on 4-16-2020 at 08:04 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Alm  
Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

dig a hole
poop in hole
put TP in hole
burn TP
backfill hole

Nice in theory but the burning part doesn't work well. First, TP is wet after use, and second, it may fly away before you make a bonfire. Need to collect it doggie bag.

Yep, doggie poop bags for all your tp works great.
bajaric
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-16-2020 at 08:13 AM

This.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/333206200570

Toilet seat that fits on 5 gallon bucket. t.p. goes in a cardboard Tecate 12 pack box. At the end of the trip the watery waste goes in the nearest outhouse or a deep hole, burn the paper and the box.
Much more comfortable than squatting in the dirt, no bags involved, surprisingly sanitary, although you have to rinse out the bucket so the checkpoint guys do not get an unpleasant surprise.
Paco Facullo
Super Nomad

Mood: Abiding ..........

[*] posted on 4-16-2020 at 09:00 AM

In regards to using a 5 gal. bucket , I now bring along Poo-Pourri with me.
Who say's my Sh*t don't stink now ?

https://www.poopourri.com/

Since I've given up all hope, I feel much better
 Pages:  1  2    4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.