Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: anonymous
comitan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 3-25-2005 at 09:01 PM
anonymous

I'm sure this has been brought up before, in other forums i'm in, anonymous people can view the forum but can't post. I know it irritates me and a lot of the other people also that they can post in this forum and remain anonymous.

Strive For The Ideal, But Deal With What\'s Real.

Every day is a new day, better than the day before.(from some song)

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
yankeeirishman
Banned

[*] posted on 3-25-2005 at 09:16 PM
can post in this forum and remain anonymous

I do it in every posting. yankeeirishman! You think I would really use my real name here? Heck no! Mr and Ms. Anonymous is really not alone :lol:

What control freaks there are here. Don\'t believe that post you just read!
comitan
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-25-2005 at 09:25 PM
anonymous

I feel that if you post anonymous you are like hideing behind a firewall, If you are just posting news it doesn't really make any difference. But if your posting opinions or differences to other postings you should recognize yourself. If you make a rule I think you should not try to distinguish whether it qualifys to be anonymous.

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 3-25-2005 at 09:26 PM

Actually, you need to be a registered user to post in the General Baja Discussion forum where you posted this topic. There are other forums here with specific reasons to allow someone to post without registering. Just because they post with the username 'anonymous' does not mean that I do not have information about them.

This appears to be more of a board comments topic and will be moved to that forum.

--
Doug

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
comitan
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-25-2005 at 09:32 PM
anonymous

Yankeeirishman, and all of the other avatars do you think that just because you do not use your real name we do not know you. Well we all know you as well as bruce, jr, pompano, germanicus, et al, we get to know you very well, we know your thoughts, your feelings, your weaknesses, we know you because you express all of this in your posts.

jrbaja
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-26-2005 at 12:09 PM
I would have to disagree there

There have been many instances where people on here have pretended to know a person on here because of what has been written yet they really have no concept of who that person really is.
And, 9 times out of 10, they misinterpret the message anyways, public education!
But, being P-nche gringos it doesnt stop them from spreading rumors about that person to others without enough common sense to know there are two sides to every story.
One of your ahem buddies has also included you in this crap Comitan but fortunately, I knew to consider the source. Hopefully, many on here are intelligent enough to not judge people because of a P-nche message board or hearsay from pinheads.:light:
Germanicus
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-26-2005 at 02:46 PM

I have to disagre as well.
Comitan, you know my style of posting here, (hey, that's easy as I am posting in a very different style than a gringo )
but do you really know me?
We never met. (that might change pretty soon, as you know)
But can you say: " I know you?"
So far JR's first sentence brings it to the point.

Even Doug is incorrect. If I am posting as 'anonymous' he is getting the ID# of my PC.
So far so good.
But as soon as somebody hits the road or lives on a beach for six month using an e-net cafe, or posts from a friend's, Doug is getting the ID from the PC of the friend's or the one from the e-net cafe.

No personal data > nothing at all which gives him any clou who the writer might be.

:?::?::?:
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 3-27-2005 at 11:26 AM

Anonymous wow you really know how to make Friends. since you are new to the Nomads forum. you can register for free and git a user name. I think once you git to Know Hose A you will find him a very fine person. as are most of the people on this forum.

as for the Glass thing I did not know we had a recycling service available. could you please tell me where you are recycling your glass so I can start doing it also. now I am ashamed for the years I have been putting them in the trash.

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

Germanicus
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-27-2005 at 05:01 PM

whistler, please gimme a hint.
Where did I ppost anything about " no fishing licenses in the U.S.?"
And why or how did I make false statements.
I onestly don't know and would like > if your accuse is right < to solve the issue.

Kind Regs and have a nice day (at least what's left from Easter)
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 3-28-2005 at 12:14 PM
Sportfishing ??

I'm unclear on who these Sportfishermen are. Back when I fished Saltwater off of California, you were required to have a California Sportfishing license and there were periodic episodes when DFG personnel would check everybody coming off of the boats, including sweeps through the boat ramp areas checking individual boats. The only exemptions from licensing were for persons fishing off of Municipal piers and, possibly, Surf Fishing ?
I just checked the current California Regulations and it seems to still be the case.
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-28-2005 at 12:47 PM
anon.........not completely

:?::?::?:

Quote:

I do it in every posting. You think I would really use my real name here? Heck no! Mr and Ms. Anonymous is really not alone

uh, methinks you are not invisible when you post biz names and sites

also;

10,000,000 is a big number and I believe there are very few AMERICAN violators. That is a bunch o crap
:mad:

DON\'T SQUINT! Give yer eyes a break!
Try holding down [control] key and toggle the [+ and -] keys

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 3-28-2005 at 02:12 PM
License and anon...

As usual the thread gets twisted half to death... that is even more irritating than anonymous (but not much)
Don't know the law today but when I was a kid growing up in Tacoma you did not need a fishing license to fish in salt water adjacent to Washington.

As to anonymous posters....
general comments- o.k.
controversial- total cowards!!

Baja Arriba!!
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 3-28-2005 at 08:24 PM
Salt-Water Fishing

It's been the law in CALIFORNIA for at least the last 40 years that you have needed a license to fish from a boat offshore if you are 16 years or older.
roundtuit
Senior Nomad

Mood: Wife's Job

[*] posted on 3-28-2005 at 08:56 PM
Ca. Fishing

It is a Ca. law that you need a fishing lic for all fishing Except from public piers or bay waters. You also need a fishing lic for frogs and reptile (except rattle snakes) You can fish on June 11th and Sept 24th for free (Thanks DFG)

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.