BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: "Spreckels'" of the Mar de Cortez is Gone!
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-26-2005 at 09:57 AM
"Spreckels'" of the Mar de Cortez is Gone!

The Tears are flowing, my Heart is Aching as I place my old Black Loreto Kitty Cat in the Ground.
Discovered on the Beach in Front of Rancho sonrisa 15 years ago during a thunderstorm and now layed to Rest in Texas Soil during a Snow Storm.
She brought us so many good tmes and feelings that it is difficult to Type.
I would hope that each of you Baja Lovers would someday have the Experience of a ;Kitty from Baja.
may she rest in Peace.
Skeet/Loreto
Germanicus
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-26-2005 at 10:07 AM

Skeet, I feel w/ you.
My wife once brought home a kitty abondend from her mother- no more than several days old, nothing in the stomache. She nursed her drop by drop.
Well and that Kitty made it.
Now we are living in Baja w/ that Kitty.
If there are any dogs around Kitty is jumping up a palm tree w/ surrounding bushes, feeling absolutely safe, as no dog will make it through the thornes of that bush.
I guess, you will find another kitty to replace your loss.
Try to find a very young one, it pays!
Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 3-26-2005 at 10:45 AM
Adios Spreckles...via con mucho catnip!

Skeet...good for you to have enjoyed that cat's company for so long. She must have given you many smiles. I think probably all of us who have lived in Baja for any length of time have adopted a kitten sooner or later...the little buggers are everywhere!:)

Ours was just plain old Gato...who adopted us actually. One morning we opened the bedroom door and there he was...waiting for his milk like he'd always lived there. He was daily patientely waiting for me to come back from fishing..up on the roof over the front door...and would jump down onto my shoulders and curl around my neck, waiting for that green mackerel he knew I'd brought him.

Months later we had to change Gato to Gata as she presented us with 4 cute kittens that she littered in our fireplace....groan, no more fires for awhile. :no: We named them Banjo, Popcorn, Bimbo, and Oscar...and they made us laugh so much our sides ached for weeks and weeks. Of course everything in the house was shredded.

Yeah, life in Baja without a kitten or puppy would be highly unlikely.;D

Our neighbors, Dave and Les, who live aboard their sailboat in our bay, had a great cat also,..Fayo. Fayo would come join all my bar-b-ques and parties..sometimes I'd find him inside the casa the morning after, curled up on the couch...a little beer on his breath. Fayo was also a famous cat...featured on the cover of Cat World a few times in his long career. He would ride back and forth from the sailboat, Beagle, with Les or Dave....riding on the bow of the kayak, looking a little like Lord Nelson, I thought. See photo.

We are sorry for your loss, Skeet, but happy for your memories.

Here's a toast to Spreckles...Salute!;D

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-26-2005 at 12:00 PM
Pomp! Thanks

Old Black Kitty got PG soon after arriving at Sonrisa. She got so Heavy when she followed me to the Back Property , she would set down on the way back and cry for me to carry her!
she had 9 Kittens which all died as they were too small. She would run from cover to cover to keep from getting snatched up by the Buzzards. Became a good Friend to our black Lab and was a Pleasure to be around.

Skeet/Loreto
Natalie Ann
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-26-2005 at 12:05 PM

My dear friend Skeet -
My heart goes out to you. It is so difficult losing a long-time companian the likes of Spreckels, a true Baja kitty cat.

Only a month ago we laid to rest our kitty of 20 years, born in my son's dresser drawer on his first day of Jr. High. Sometimes I forget she's gone and find myself saving a tastey morsel of fish or chicken for her.... only to remember and miss her presence one more time.

Perhaps your sweet Spreckles and my little June are in heaven playing together with a giant ball of red yarn; perhaps they've become heaven's mouse patrol. I know that they are happy kitties once again.

Skeet, my prayers are with you and Virginia... may you find comfort in all your wonderful memories of Spreckles.

Natalie Ann

Be yourself, everyone else is already taken.
.....Oscar Wilde
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 3-26-2005 at 12:09 PM

sorry for your loss Skeet/Loreto I also am a cat person and I can sympathize with your loss. He is in a better place now and it offers an opportunity for one more Baja kitty to be rescued and loved.

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-26-2005 at 12:11 PM
Natlie Ann

Thank you!
I had just got back in from burying her in the snow Storm and just had to tell someone; Who? The Nomads!

Then I clicked to Randy Macs Post and have never been so Humbled in all of my Life.

Our Spirits are Connected!

Skeet/Loreto
elizabeth
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-26-2005 at 03:43 PM

Skeet
So sorry to hear of your kitty.
We have raised a number of abandoned and feral cats...one that we brought home from New Mexico got the title of the world's most expensive stray...
Strays are the most rewarding of pets...and it's always a really tearful time when they need to be buried.
My sincere condolences.
Gypsy Jan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Depends on which way the wind is blowing

[*] posted on 3-26-2005 at 06:43 PM
A Bridge of Trust Built

by happenstance and circumstance between man and animal is perhaps one of the most leveling experiences in life.

When a wild creature that has other choices trusts their life and future to you, it is a humbling experience and a reminder of how precious life and love is, and that we need to earn those gifts everyday.

My sincere condolences on the loss of your beloved companion.

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow mindedness.”
—Mark Twain

\"La vida es dura, el corazon es puro, y cantamos hasta la madrugada.” (Life is hard, the heart is pure and we sing until dawn.)
—Kirsty MacColl, Mambo de la Luna

\"Alea iacta est.\"
—Julius Caesar
JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-27-2005 at 01:33 PM

So sorry to heard about that skeet, i hope she is enjoying cat heaven.
Juan
Junior Nomad

Mood: Life is good.

[*] posted on 3-28-2005 at 02:10 PM
Spreckels

Hola Skeet, Too bad about Spreckels. I wish none of us would get older but there isn't anything we can do about it. I know Spreckels was a special cat.

When I stayed at Rancho Sunrisa Spreckels, Bud (your old lab) and I got well acquainted. First time I have house sat for anyone and didn't know what I missed. One memory of mine was Rodrigo, the critters and I , setting on the front porch and watching a thunder and lightening storm come over Carmen island. Rodrigo and I didn't talk but we would accasionally look at each other and smile. A cup of coffee and a group of friends enjoying the morning. Talk wasn't necessary.

My daughter, Heather, and I have both taken kittens home from Loreto. Her cat is named Chico Leon de Loreto, Chico for short. Our Loreto cat was a kitten so her name evolved from bebe gata to just baby.

Take care old friend, this too will pass

Your amigo, Juan

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.