Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Mexicali Dentist
C205Driver
Nomad

Mood: Life is Good

[*] posted on 7-11-2020 at 09:14 AM
Mexicali Dentist

Good morning...Looking for a recommendation on a MEXICALI dentist; by someone that has actually had dental work done by the recommended dentist. Been to Algodones a couple of times and both satisfactory & unsatisfactory results..... Thanks in advance...
BajaNomad
Super Administrator
Thread Moved
7-11-2020 at 10:05 AM
C205Driver
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-12-2020 at 02:13 PM

WTF? Has everyone got false teeth?
MICK
Nomad

Mood: livin the good life on the river

[*] posted on 7-12-2020 at 06:11 PM

Dr. David Ugarte right by the border.
We use him all the time. Good guy.
760-234-8560

Getting there is ALL the fun!
Ok being here is fun to
C205Driver
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-12-2020 at 06:31 PM

Thanks Mick....Where do you live. ? And what kind of work has he done for you? Undecided on where to stay when there; Calexico or Mexicali...
MICK
Nomad

Mood: livin the good life on the river

[*] posted on 7-13-2020 at 06:33 AM

We live south of mexicali on the rio hardy. I have had him do caps and fillings but many friends of mine also go to him and have had even dentures done and were happy with his work.

Getting there is ALL the fun!
Ok being here is fun to
C205Driver
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-13-2020 at 07:21 AM

MICK.... Thank You for your time & recommendation; will be trying to get some work done there if the Communist China Coronavirus doesn’t stop us from crossing into Mexicali...
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-13-2020 at 12:09 PM

Quote: Originally posted by C205Driver  
MICK.... Thank You for your time & recommendation; will be trying to get some work done there if the Communist China Coronavirus doesn’t stop us from crossing into Mexicali...

SOS

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

BAJA.DESERT.RAT
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-13-2020 at 03:15 PM

Hola C205Driver,

after you go and get work done, will you please post or u2u how things went and what work you got and how much did he charge.

obviously, i need to have work done as well but have put it off due to the pandemic. can you please also post how he is handling virus safety ?

thank you,

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT
C205Driver
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-13-2020 at 09:54 PM

Rat... Might be heading that way in a few weeks; if my remaining brain cells work decently I’d be glad to; you might want to remind me in about 5-6 weeks. Also plans change... on another note in Mariposa Tuolumne & Calaveras counties approximately 180 cases of Communist China Coronavirus; 0 deaths & 1 hospitalized..... I look at the news and I look at local numbers and I wonder...Hope everyone stays Happy & Healthy
C205Driver
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-28-2020 at 11:59 AM

If MICK in Rio Hardy is online please send me a message; got some questions...TIA...
RFClark
Super Nomad

Mood: Looking forward to 2024

[*] posted on 7-28-2020 at 12:28 PM

“ on another note in Mariposa Tuolumne & Calaveras counties approximately 180 cases of Communist China Coronavirus; 0 deaths & 1 hospitalized..... I look at the news and I look at local numbers and I wonder“

Wonder not! Especially if you “wonder” if the reporting has a political component.
The answer is it does! Even with the increased testing ( the get a free test line in downtown LA yesterday was over a mile long and no one was selling stuff to those waiting like at the border!) the number of positive tests is down.
The number of documented hospital admissions lags by 2 weeks, but the last 2 reported weeks for California are down by half! The total number of deaths in the U.S. has been below average for at least the last 6 weeks, new data due out tomorrow.

For the “Glass half empty crowd” I can post the URL’s none are from politically prone websites!
Commuterfisher
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-24-2023 at 03:50 PM

Dr. Raul Haro in mexicali

Personal friend of mine. Volunteers with flying Dr's. Works on some of the American Volunteers. Good work. Nice guy. Speaks excellent English
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 1-24-2023 at 04:59 PM
Same question, different location

We live in Phoenix and I would like a good recommendation for
Algodones since it is an hour or more closer.

Many years ago my father used to drive from his winter home in La Quinta to Algodones and really liked his guy, but that is about 25 years in the rear view mirror.

Interesting note, my old man was scared to death of going to Mexico, for the most part, but made a big exception for his dentista. When I married my little Mexican maiden 28 years ago he was horrified, but eventually she won him over!!
C205Driver
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-24-2023 at 07:09 PM

… We cannot even think about recommending David Ugarte ( I am even wondering if he’s a real dentist )…. Everything he has done has failed!!! Just back from the dentist today getting a crown recrowned ( local Sonora, CA dentist ) ….. 2 crowns came off returning North from Mexicali… 1 implant failed 3 Times!!! And that’s only part of the story; he didn’t respond to the failures!…. Gonna stick with the more costly local alternative…
mattoleriver

[*] posted on 1-24-2023 at 09:23 PM

Quote: Originally posted by thebajarunner  
We live in Phoenix and I would like a good recommendation for
Algodones since it is an hour or more closer.

I, and several of my friends, use the two dentists listed below. I haven't heard any complaints about either. Both speak excellent English and have U.S. phone numbers.

Dr Armando Hernandez is an Endodontist. He won't be doing fillings and cleanings. He did a root canal for me that was absolutely painless. His office is maybe a 1/2 mile from the border. https://premiumendodontics.com/

Dr Pablo Luna is a general dentist. For me he crowned the tooth that Dr Hernandez had done the root canal on. He is a very pleasant man and a perfectionist. He was recommended to me by Dr Hernandez. His office is maybe 1/4 mile from the border. https://www.losalgodones.com/dr_pablo_a_luna/

Dr Luna has a sister whose office is right next door to his own. I've heard good things about her but I have no personal experience with her.

These are not the cheapest dentists in town and, frankly, you really don't want the cheapest dentist. Wherever you decide to go in Algodones do your homework. Caveat emptor.

Keep smiling. :biggrin:

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.