Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Status of Border for crossing into Mexico from SoCal
Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-17-2020 at 02:39 PM

Quote: Originally posted by RFClark  

What there won’t be is a single word of blame for the Chinese Government

It's hard to blame Chinese government on how they handled the situation after a short initial period of denial. They have mere few daily new cases for the last few months. Lockdowns are instant and properly enforced. During the recent wave in Beijing two weeks ago they put the capital in lockdown very efficiently, I saw the video. There were no people on the streets. Now they are back to a few cases a day. Even considering that they only report cases with symptoms - could be 20% of total cases - their numbers are still thousand times lower than in the US. They are probably laughing when looking at how the US are handling it.
BajaNaranja
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-17-2020 at 03:11 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
It will be refreshing to have some truth rather than the labeling of deaths by heart attack, stroke. etc., as all being from Covid-19.

LOL! To anyone trying to amplify this garbage partisan talking point: Please enjoy a double serving of Goya beans tonight!
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-17-2020 at 03:32 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaNaranja  
It will be refreshing to have some truth rather than the labeling of deaths by heart attack, stroke. etc., as all being from Covid-19.

LOL! To anyone trying to amplify this garbage partisan talking point: Please enjoy a double serving of Goya beans tonight!

x2

Truth+White House =
It took President Trump 827 days to top 10,000 false and misleading claims in The Fact Checker’s database, an average of 12 claims a day.

But on July 9, just 440 days later, the president crossed the 20,000 mark — an average of 23 claims a day over a 14-month period,........

The coronavirus pandemic has spawned a whole new genre of Trump’s falsehoods. The category in just a few months has reached nearly 1,000 claims,........

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/07/13/president...

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-17-2020 at 04:40 PM

It's not simple. There is Immediate Cause of Death (final condition resulting in death), ex. pneumonia or stroke, and then "...Due to or as a consequence of Underlying Causes" - there could be several of the latter, ex. coronavirus, diabetes, heart disease and so on.

CDC statistics for coronavirus deaths is based on Underlying Cause - but when there are several such causes, there is a room for both honest mistakes and manipulation.
surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-18-2020 at 09:00 PM

Someone could have diabetes or a heart condition, yet go on to live happily for the next 40 years. But if they get coronavirus, that, combined with their underlying condition,will likely kill them. But that's a death due to coronavirus- if they never got infected with it, they might have lived for many more years.

No one actually died of AIDS- they died of pneumonia and other diseases because AIDS destroyed their immune system so they couldn't fight off the things we are all exposed to on a regular basis that our immune systems usually deal with so we don't get that sick. But in fact, they died because they had AIDS- they wouldn't have died from pneumonia otherwise.

All these people who keep saying that there are deaths being counted as COVID deaths that aren't, just because someone had an underlying condition, are the same idiots who oppose wearing a mask and think coronavirus is some overblown hoax.

[Edited on 7-19-2020 by surabi]
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-19-2020 at 08:10 AM

Quote: Originally posted by surabi  

All these people who keep saying that there are deaths being counted as COVID deaths that aren't, just because someone had an underlying condition, are the same idiots who oppose wearing a mask and think coronavirus is some overblown hoax.

[Edited on 7-19-2020 by surabi]

Yup, and probably won't get vaccinated either if a vaccine is developed.

Perhaps descendants of these Gnuckleheads:

1918 Pandemic - Anti-Mask League of San Francisco

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Mask_League_of_San_Franci...

[Edited on 7-19-2020 by SFandH]

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 7-19-2020 at 08:51 AM
1918 S.F. descendants

I am one of those descendants, my dad was born in San Francisco in 1915. He had virtually no sense of smell, and always said it was from "a bug" he got when he was a kid. I don't have any idea what age he got the bug, but it is an interesting symptom!

For what it is worth, I will get the vaccination when it is approved for seniors with heart issues, even if it is a trial project. I avoid situations where a mask is required, but wear one where it is appropriate, and unavoidable.

Apologies to savage44, none of this has anything to do with crossing into Mexico from southern CA!

[Edited on 7-19-2020 by AKgringo]

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
savage44

[*] posted on 7-19-2020 at 12:45 PM
Yeah, I have that

Quote: Originally posted by Alm  
Quote: Originally posted by savage44  
We’ll be off grid and in a better state of isolation on a desolate beach By ourselves than in our home town where we’re grocery shopping every four days, getting gas, etc.

Unless you travel in some sort of post-apocalypse vehicle with recirculated air, full supply of food, water and enormous fuel tank - you WILL rub elbows with locals. There are still groceries to buy, fresh water, gas station attendants (and their questionable washrooms), checkpoints on highways and maybe at the border as well, tool booths, an odd camping or motel now and then. Possibly 10-15 contacts in 1-week trip.

Yeah, I basically have what you describe.

698479CD-9F3E-483B-8A18-58849B3EE9D5.jpeg - 94kB
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-19-2020 at 12:53 PM

That thing is cool. Go for it! Stay safe.

[Edited on 7-19-2020 by JZ]

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-19-2020 at 06:24 PM

Even if you load a small fridge (2 cu.ft?) that you hopefully have in there with a week worth of perishables and bring a box of tuna cans and a bag of rice, there will still be contacts. I would imagine a helicopter and a private island to be a solution in times like this.
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-19-2020 at 06:43 PM

Even if you load a small fridge (2 cu.ft?) that you hopefully have in there with a week worth of perishables and bring a box of tuna cans and a bag of rice, there will still be contacts. I would imagine a helicopter and a private island to be a solution in times like this.

These comments are ridiculous. He's not going to be interacting with ppl, that is the point. You put a mask on and walk into a store and buy stuff.

You went on and on, about rocks in the rice and beans in BoLA, remember that?

And then later told us the mortality rate from Covid in Canada was 8%?

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

savage44

[*] posted on 7-20-2020 at 06:37 AM

Keeping perishables is easier than that. I do have a small freezer, which I use to rotate 1L bottles of ice/water out of the big cooler as we go. Cabbage and cold beer for weeeeeeeks, man.

And I agree with the above comment: you’re being a tad ridiculous. You’re telling me you don’t go the store twice a week for your perishables? Total isolation isn’t possible at home either. I’m not going to sit around here with my head in the sand and soil in my pants bemoaning the apocalypse.

[Edited on 7-20-2020 by savage44]
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-20-2020 at 08:08 AM

ok don't "sit aroundherewith my head in the sand" please don't travel to my area and do it here.
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.