Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: la paz eateries
bajabound75

Mood: vacation needed

[*] posted on 3-28-2005 at 11:42 AM
la paz eateries

Hello,

Getting ready our annual La Paz trip and would love to hear some current restaurant reviews if you guys wouldn't mind posting your suggestions, thanks!
tim40
Senior Nomad

Mood: There yet?

[*] posted on 3-28-2005 at 01:38 PM

Upper Scale, my favorite is the Los Arcos Hotel Main Dining Room. Also have a great bar on the 2nd floor that is has a nice view of the activities outside.

When will you being going? We will be in La Paz the 8 -18th of April.

When searching for the end of your rainbow you only have until dusk....
bajabound75

[*] posted on 3-28-2005 at 01:51 PM

Hi Tim

We will be a group of 10 (including 2 toddlers) there April 9th-16th. Where are you staying?

We were just discussing "popular" restaurants that we would NOT go back to again this year and wondering of some new ones to check out. I agree with you on Los Arcos restaurant (bermejo's is it?) great meal at a reasonable price.
Ken Bondy
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Mellow

[*] posted on 3-28-2005 at 02:01 PM
Bajabound75

I second or third the recommendation for Bermejos in the Los Arcos Hotel. For good Italian food, good service, and a nice atmosphere, as you leave the Los Arcos turn left, go to the first corner, turn left again, go 1/2 block, and try La Pazta.
++Ken++

[Edited on 3-28-2005 by Ken Bondy]
comitan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 3-28-2005 at 02:07 PM
La Paz eateries

There is a new restaurant at the end of the waterfront walkway by the pink condos, the food is very good prices average, the owner a gringo will say the margaritas are the best not true forget it.

Strive For The Ideal, But Deal With What\'s Real.

Every day is a new day, better than the day before.(from some song)

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
tim40
Senior Nomad

Mood: There yet?

[*] posted on 3-28-2005 at 03:54 PM

BB75 are you the group that is staying out at La Concha? We are staying at the Los Arcos. We will have 2 of our kids with us this trip (girls 12 and 13).

Possibly the best sanwich (Torta) I have ever had. Walk out of the front of the La Perla, make a right, at the end of the hotel (at the plaza) turn right, at the end of the plaza cross the street and turn left. Less than a 1/2 block down you will come to a small Torta shop. Prices, food, and owners can not be beat.

When searching for the end of your rainbow you only have until dusk....
bajabound75

[*] posted on 3-30-2005 at 10:08 AM

Ken, we didn't like La Pazta, but maybe ordering pizza was not the right thing to order there? People rave about it but we didn't think it was that great, maybe we should try again? Any menu suggestions??

Tim, yes we are that same group at La Concha, (I am sometimes so rushed on and off the computer that I forget my handle!) we are vacation club members and this year we're accelerating some of our time and taking friends and family (some from LA, SD, NY and Oregon!) with us! Still haven't figured out our transportation but need to do something as we are getting down to the wire!;D Come meet us for a margarita on the beach!
Ken Bondy
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Mellow

[*] posted on 3-30-2005 at 11:09 AM
bajabound75

sorry you didn't care for it. I don't think I have ever had pizza there. My recollection is that their veal and chicken dishes were good. But I confess, it's probably been 2 years since I've been there.
++Ken++
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-30-2005 at 04:41 PM

If you are looking for good homemade fresh Italian, go to Milano next to the French Bistro. Try their homemade sausage..chorizo. Since I tried it, I have not been able to force myself to order anything else. The chef/owner is a charming lady.

bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-30-2005 at 04:45 PM

I forgot the chateau briand for 2 at Los Arcos is one of the best buys in La Paz

bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-30-2005 at 04:48 PM

I didnt like at all the place mentioned above by the pink lighthouse.
Am I elite yet?

bajabound75

[*] posted on 3-30-2005 at 04:52 PM

Judy, I'm with you on the chateaubriand at bermejos!

Is La Fonda the place a few blocks in from the malecon that makes the fabulous caesar salad at the table, it's upstairs overlooking the street? I remember a place a few years ago that was GREAT but couldn't find it last time....
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 3-30-2005 at 06:33 PM

Just out of town to the north is the CLUB Marlin....nice place to eat with a view of the La Paz lights...:yes::yes:

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
6flora6
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-31-2005 at 09:49 PM

The place referred to as the place by the pink condos is called "Capri." They have good food but great fruity drinks. The view of downtown, the malecon, and the bay cannot be beat. I especially like it in the summer. Its one of the only places that gets a good breeze.
turtleandtoad
Senior Nomad

Mood: Good if fishing

[*] posted on 4-2-2005 at 12:39 PM

I'm kind of partial to the Garlic Shrimp at La Tasty on the Malecon (south end)

Mike & Robin; Full-Time RV\'ers
37\' Georgetown w/3 slides & 275 Watts of Solar Power
06 Taco TRD
www.turtleandtoad.com
I am here

To paraphrase Frank Lloyd Wright; I\'m all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let\'s start with keyboards. -- Mike Dean

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.