BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Camping trailer recommendations?
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2020 at 06:52 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Maderita  
A few suggestions before your first trip: Check the condition and functioning of the electric brakes. Inspect and grease the wheel bearings. Note the size and purchase a spare inner and outer bearing. Inspect the spring shackles (the holes should be round, not oval), and the bolts. Replace the nylon bushings (about $2 each).

good council. i would add a couple bearing seals...fairly tough to change the bearings without damaging the old seal. also a couple caps and a can of grease.
all very cheap and easily stowed...hopefully never needed.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 9-28-2020 at 07:06 AM

Quote: Originally posted by pacificobob  
Quote: Originally posted by Maderita  
A few suggestions before your first trip: Check the condition and functioning of the electric brakes. Inspect and grease the wheel bearings. Note the size and purchase a spare inner and outer bearing. Inspect the spring shackles (the holes should be round, not oval), and the bolts. Replace the nylon bushings (about $2 each).

good council. i would add a couple bearing seals...fairly tough to change the bearings without damaging the old seal. also a couple caps and a can of grease.
all very cheap and easily stowed...hopefully never needed.

And don’t forget to turn off the coffee maker

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 9-29-2020 at 06:25 AM

Looks like the OP has made a purchase, but in the event that others might refer to this post.......

I am thoroughly impressed with this relatively new concept of a Murphy bed that folds up into the rear-facing wall (the wall nearest the hitch). This is usually a queen sized bed. Earlier models had a thin, RV type mattress, but I am seeing conventional mattresses that dont fold up. And when the mattress folds up, it reveals a built in couch. The bed is also a partial walk-around so one person can exit the bed without crawling over another.

I also like the option to ditch the conventional built-in dinettes, in favor of a table and four chairs........that can be brought outside for dining al fresco. Foldable for storing while enroute or passing through the door(s) for outside. And the space they vacate in the trailer could be used for setting up easy chairs or folding zero gravity chairs, if they cant be deployed outside.

Dinettes are not comfortable to sit at for any lengthy period of time and they are too short for anyone to sleep on who is taller than about 5'5". Wasted space in a small trailer, IMO.

I have seen these capabilities in trailers as small as 18 feet. Maybe there are smaller options out there than when I looked a couple years ago.

I am seeing more and more trailers with flipped leaf springs straight from the factory. Lots of clearance.
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-29-2020 at 09:52 AM

Hook, the guy briefly mentions that in the Off Grid Trailers video.

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.