they can be tourists (from anywhere) or locals

they have one thing in common---they screw things up

anyone have experiences with them they would like to share?:spingrin:

No se apure y dure.

Don\'t hurry and you\'ll last longer.
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-28-2005 at 07:27 PM

I couldn't find a definition in Webster's.....

Aren't Chingos just P-nche gringos that, while professing their desire to help in some way, are really just in it for the money, fame or attention ?

Or are they the ones that say,
"I moved to Baja to help save the unfortunate little people ? Aren't you proud of me ?

MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 3-28-2005 at 08:54 PM
Chingos

I call them DADS (DumbAss Doofuses). Two events last year come to mind, both in the Spring/Summer.

1. A Jeep Cherokee (Mex Plates) drove down the lagoon looking for a place to cross over to Shell Beach. Drove most of the way across and buried it in the soft mud. Another vehicle, a BRAND-NEW Dodge 4WD still with the paper plates (also Mex) drove out to pull the Jeep free, proceeding to bury the Dodge. Because there were Spring Tides at the time, they both went through two days of tide change before being floated out.

2. During the July 4th weekend, a group of campers (Jeeps) were congregating on the beach at Percebu just below the South Bluff. One Jeeper arrived a little late and the tide had already cutoff the beach to a depth of about four-five feet at the deepest. They first came up the hill and tried to cut across down one of the resident's property. When we turned them back, they drove down to the beach, backed up and got a good running start and drove straight into the lagoon, getting about 20 feet, quite a bit short of the far shore. Lucky for them that they had so many buddies on the far shore with winches and towstraps. Got them out within a few minutes. So quick, in fact that I wasn't able to get down there with my camera. They worked on the Jeep all day and finally got it to run, but who knows for how long.

We usually have at least a couple of these submergence events each year. During Easter week, a Ford Truck tried to cross a short stretch of Mud in the Lagoon and buried it. He didn't get the award, though.
It was the TWO next vehicles that tried the same route, resulting in all three being buried one behind the other. The comical thing was that there was a time gap between each incident where the driver watched the preceeding vehicle getting stuck before he tried. Luckily for these three , there was a lot of time before high tide, they were close to firm ground and there was someone to tow them out. It was really too bad. I was sitting on the bluff with my camera hoping to get a good shot.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-28-2005 at 09:15 PM

Like this Bill???

I call it Shell Island (instead of Shell Beach) for a pretty good reason!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Osprey
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-29-2005 at 07:25 AM
Chingos

Two Chingos
1. Any of the thousands of gringos who come down here and are bent on teaching Mexicans how NOT to be Mexicans.
2. Cheapskates: One guy inquiring about lots here was so stingy I thought I'd have a little fun with him. I explained about the 5 to 6K necessary for the fideicomiso, notario, closing process. Then I said I had a Mexican pal who was "just tired of owning a lot, wanted to give it away. I said it was close to the beach, had a nice view of the ocean. The guy said WOULD I STILL HAVE TO PAY THE $6,000 to close? I said yes. He said NO WAY, I'M NOT INTERESTED. Now that's PIOJOSO
surfer jim
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-29-2005 at 09:00 AM

looks like we can go through the entire alphabet with this "rhymes with gringo " theme.....keep 'em comming....

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.