Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: How sweet it is
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 10-30-2020 at 06:54 PM
How sweet it is

Remember the new locked gate coyote to Mike's. Charging people to pass. Well a Mexican off road jeep group. Made a complaint to state of Baja. It is a right of travel no matter the owner. They cannot charge money to pass or lock gate. The state dept did in fact drive up there. Ordered the lock removed and heavy fines if charge people money to pass. :yes:
Don Pisto
Super Nomad

Mood: weary like everyone else

[*] posted on 10-30-2020 at 06:59 PM

there's only two things in life but I forget what they are........
John Hiatt
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-30-2020 at 07:03 PM

I would think they knew not legal to put up gate and lock it. The fence was torn down many times form people to pass.
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-30-2020 at 07:44 PM

Nice. Haven't done the ride, how long is it?

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-30-2020 at 08:40 PM

park at my house JZ all dirt . 66 miles to coyote 10 more to Mike's. I take from the house 50 year old mine road been abondon 40 years. Only the cows keep it open single track . Start of it at locked gate not tore up great route.
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-31-2020 at 01:09 PM

Good news for sure.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-31-2020 at 01:22 PM

Amazing that the authorities went and did something!

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
PaulW
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-1-2020 at 08:43 AM

Thank you for the report

Quote: Originally posted by bajatrailrider  
Remember the new locked gate coyote to Mike's. Charging people to pass. Well a Mexican off road jeep group. Made a complaint to state of Baja. It is a right of travel no matter the owner. They cannot charge money to pass or lock gate. The state dept did in fact drive up there. Ordered the lock removed and heavy fines if charge people money to pass. :yes:
ehall
Super Nomad

Mood: It's 5 o'clock somewhere

[*] posted on 11-1-2020 at 12:36 PM

great news
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-1-2020 at 02:06 PM

no need Lencho to look up anything that route open over 60 years. Government orders gates unlocked do not charge people to pass. That is law to me you could argue with the government. Good Luck amigo
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-1-2020 at 02:10 PM

Ed could you give me text on WhatsApp. About riding days Mike can be here too. If we know your plans
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-1-2020 at 05:34 PM

haha that would be good if there was law in Mexico. Sad to say not the case in this country.
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-1-2020 at 06:37 PM

Larry, your original post is somewhat inconsistent with this later statement:

"haha that would be good if there was law in Mexico. Sad to say not the case in this country."

Just sayin'.

John

bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-3-2020 at 11:19 AM

John is this way in Mexico for a gringo to quote law in Mexico . It is hit and miss do they enforce it . Do they not enforce it is there pay off to the judge.Or how much Hassel do they make it for you to make a report . All of the above; getting back to gate. I would think this new gate that shut down right of way. peeed off one Mexican official. point is he has the power to reopen that gate. want to tell him what law you saw on line. Good luck I'm just happy. As this gate did make problems for ranchos to run cattle. So here we have family v family no one wants that.
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-3-2020 at 01:32 PM

John is this way in Mexico for a gringo to quote law in Mexico . It is hit and miss do they enforce it . Do they not enforce it is there pay off to the judge.Or how much Hassel do they make it for you to make a report.

Selective enforcement of laws? Money buys favorable legal decisions? Reporting is a hassle and traumatizing for the victim (think rape cases)?

Same thing happens all the time in the US as well. Nothing new under the sun.

John
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-3-2020 at 06:55 PM

thank you perfect
PaulW
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-13-2020 at 07:12 AM

Update a buddy from San Felipe too several Jeeps from Mikes to Melling this week. Gate has been removed and sign at the Y said left is passable right is closed. The road was good but very rocky near Coyote.
honda tom
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-13-2020 at 08:57 PM

did this in my bronco prerunner 3 years ago.... rocky and glad i had 4wd. would not do it in my new 2wd crew prerunner. not sayn i couldnt.... but some unnecessary abuse would occur. spots are slow and rock to rock.
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-14-2020 at 10:18 AM

Have any of you off roaders . Gone from Mike's to route South to fork Dark sky inn. Then route that by passes dark sky to pavement. Then down to Coyote back way in trail? I have not done it in a year . Can't wait to hit it again. Coyote to Mike's not enjoyable anymore. Since last rains many rock steps now as rain washed away dirt.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.