BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: For Sale : 1975 Toyota Hilux-Chinook RV -- CA SMOG EXEMPT! (in LA, CA)
Generz

[*] posted on 3-29-2005 at 02:24 PM
For Sale : 1975 Toyota Hilux-Chinook RV -- CA SMOG EXEMPT! (in LA, CA)

I'm selling my 1975 Toyota Hilux Chinook RV located in Los Angeles, California.

I bought it about a year ago with plans for a SAS (solid axle swap) for a unique trail vehicle for long trips, but I don't have the time for it anymore.

As stated in the title, it is Caifornia Emissions Testing EXEMPT! That will make this vehicle very cheap to own for years to come and an excellent trail vehicle. You can find info on the CA DMV's website:
http://www.dmv.ca.gov/vr/smogfaq.htm#BM2536
Note: Starting April 1, 2005, the smog exemption for vehicles 30 model
years old or older will end. After that date all 1975 and older
vehicles will be exempt from smog certification requirements.

It has the cleanest interior I've ever seen for a vehicle even half it's age.

It is small enough to fit into a garage or a standard parking spot, but big enough to feel roomie inside, expecially with the pop top which raises high enought for a 6ft + person to stand inside.

It is currently stock with a rebuilt 20R engine [rebuilt] and 4spd trans, it get's 20mpg and can do 80 on the highway.

but to be honest, I only tried to get it to 80 once ;-p

It is a very clean running engine that starts quick (instantly!) on the coldest mornings and it runs strong all day. I recently drove this vehicle to EL Segundo (where it currently is) from Houston, Texas with out a problem.

The Chinook has a 10 gallon fresh water tank, an icebox and a 2 burner propane stove

I"m also including a small black & white TV, a toilet and I added an indash CD player.

Please contact me at ChinookRV@Gmail.com I may not notice private messages sent through the POR system.

I have tons of larger photos at http://photobucket.com/albums/v248/ToyotaChinook/?start=40

I'm asking $3300 negotiable/obo.

Thanks.

Gene
512-796-0109
ChinookRV@Gmail.com
Generz

[*] posted on 4-5-2005 at 08:38 PM

bump!

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.