Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Influencer Andrew Muse sucker-punched at secret Baja surf spot
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 12-4-2020 at 07:41 PM

Good?.....I doubt that the guy that got sucker punched calls himself an "influencer"! He and the camera man are the ones that produced the short film posted here recently; http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=95397

It was a few people enjoying Baja, and they did a great job sharing it with us. I hope to see more from them!

My original snarky post on this thread was aimed at the reporter calling him an influencer, and the whole concept of a culture of selfie posting, social media narcissists !

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-4-2020 at 07:52 PM

[Alejandro’s is in the] Seven Sisters area, by The Wall,” Roe said to me.

Alejandro’s is a surf spot about 400 miles south of the Tijuana and San Diego border. According to surf websites,, the right point break surfer and kiteboarder destination, a few miles north of Santa Rosalillita, has 5-7 foot waves on its better days.

The wall is south of Santa Rosalillita not north.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 12-4-2020 at 08:37 PM

Quote: Originally posted by TMW  
[Alejandro’s is in the] Seven Sisters area, by The Wall,” Roe said to me.

Alejandro’s is a surf spot about 400 miles south of the Tijuana and San Diego border. According to surf websites,, the right point break surfer and kiteboarder destination, a few miles north of Santa Rosalillita, has 5-7 foot waves on its better days.

The wall is south of Santa Rosalillita not north.

I think the reporter did a good job at portraying an influencer, and in doing so illustrated how the influencer over-dramatized a brief and minor encounter on the beach.

It is amusing that advertisers find mindless videos of young people car-camping sells trinkets...

I am also amused at seeing young people in expensive RVs. When I was young we traveled cross-country and abroad in a VW bus or Dodge Dart or old travel-all, or small Datsun pickup. Now, kids won’t leave home w/o a $100,000 Rv. Kids these days are spoiled, and wimps. Daddies buy them expensive vehicles, and they never learn the value of fending on their own on the road...

[Edited on 12-5-2020 by mtgoat666]

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-4-2020 at 10:16 PM

That's what all these influencers do- they over-dramatize things that happen to them, as if they are so so special. Things that other people just take as a matter of course, chit happens.

When one of the huge hurricanes happened in the past year or two, can't remember if it was in Puerto Rico, or where, but I was looking at Youtube videos of it, and unfortunately clicked on one that turned out to be by these types. Not only did they have a really nice boat at the age of 30-something, it appeared that they just sailed around, never working, making money off their blog and videos. They made a huge drama over how scared they were, holed up in the bathroom of their nice hotel. Then, after the danger had passed, they went around filming the blown-out doors in their hotel and such.

It never seemed to occur to them that were people out there, injured, or without food or shelter, who needed help.
FelizCanadian

[*] posted on 12-5-2020 at 07:10 AM

We saw this clown in Scorpion Bay. Pulled up in his billboard giant $150k truck and we commented how long it took us to read all the social media ads in it. Then he had his crew following. Sure he’s a nice guy or whatever, but take that chit to Malibu or Trestles. Don’t be the dildo that exploits. Even though Baja is definitely not the secret it was 20’years ago, please respect the adventure of it. And if you duck is so small that you have to post ever thing you do then may I suggest you look into penis exstension surgery in Beverly Hills.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 12-5-2020 at 07:48 AM

Quote: Originally posted by FelizCanadian  
We saw this clown in Scorpion Bay. Pulled up in his billboard giant $150k truck and we commented how long it took us to read all the social media ads in it. Then he had his crew following. Sure he’s a nice guy or whatever, but take that chit to Malibu or Trestles. Don’t be the dildo that exploits. Even though Baja is definitely not the secret it was 20’years ago, please respect the adventure of it. And if you duck is so small that you have to post ever thing you do then may I suggest you look into penis exstension surgery in Beverly Hills.

An a$$hat RV-traveling influencer with hired cameraman for vacation snapshots differs little from the the off-roading tours and racers that many nomads seem to be Gaga over.

They all like to hire cameramen, put advertiser stickers on their cars, pretend to be off-the-grid in the wilderness, and have common narcissistic trait of posting their vacation videos on the net in a needy, vain quest for likes.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-5-2020 at 08:03 AM

Clever marketing ploy to claim you were attacked. I'm sure he got a few more clicks.

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 12-5-2020 at 08:21 AM

Himmm and the whole point of this post? There is none stable genius now that is funny sick one.
C205Driver
Nomad

Mood: Life is Good

[*] posted on 12-5-2020 at 11:10 AM

CAJ13....Can we include the “important “ actors in with the “influencers “ and ship them to another world?
caj13
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-5-2020 at 12:36 PM

Quote: Originally posted by C205Driver  
CAJ13....Can we include the “important “ actors in with the “influencers “ and ship them to another world?

absolutely, but only if i get a ride in the right seat of that 205.
chippy
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-5-2020 at 01:40 PM

Who cares enough to be a puncher or punchee at that overated, long board, 40 years too late spot:light:?

Influencers are gay! (not that there´s anything wrong with that):biggrin:

[Edited on 12-5-2020 by chippy]
Don Pisto
Super Nomad

Mood: weary like everyone else

[*] posted on 12-5-2020 at 01:54 PM

im embarrassed to say before this thread i've never heard the term "influencer".....I gotta get out more!:D

there's only two things in life but I forget what they are........
John Hiatt
LancairDriver
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-5-2020 at 04:32 PM

Quote: Originally posted by FelizCanadian  

Highly recommended? Is that where you had yours done?
surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-5-2020 at 09:40 PM

A brutal take-down of one of these idjit "influencers" :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlmarLZpsyQ&ab_channel=G...
bajarich
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-6-2020 at 12:00 AM

Too bad this whole thread can't be eliminated. Why give them free publlicity.
bajaric
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-6-2020 at 10:33 AM

Maybe the New Jersey guy is tired of seen a bunch of entitled jerks parking their expensive machines on the beach, squashing all the clams, and then making videos to show how cool they are.
Bajazly
Senior Nomad

Mood: More Relaxed Everyday

[*] posted on 12-6-2020 at 03:07 PM

Quote: Originally posted by surabi  

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Believing is religion - Knowing is science

Harald Pietschmann

"Get off the beaten path and memories, friends and new techniques are developed"

Bajazly, August 2019
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 12-7-2020 at 08:30 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Bajazly  
Quote: Originally posted by surabi  

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

That was hilarious!!! It's a new world out there folks....us oldies just dont get the whole social media influencer gig and its "value"

I get more and more of these emails and requests for free stays in exchange for getting a write up on their social media pages....ummmm no thanks snowflakes!

as for the sucker punch...hot heads be hot heads and one can only stand so much till ya want to punch someone in the face! New Jersey may have been having a bad day....no surf!

[Edited on 12-7-2020 by shari]

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
nbentley1
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-7-2020 at 10:25 AM

Camped at Alejandro’s a few years back, pretty sure the guy how live in the house with his Scandinavian wife was from SoCal. I think a tiler by trade, saved his pennies and made the move to live on his favorite wave. With us he dropped in now and again but kept a respectful distance. He was very happy at the end to collect food items we could not take back when we left.
RocketJSquirrel
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-7-2020 at 11:17 AM

Loved the video. Each minute of it gets better.

[Edited for clarity]

[Edited on 12-7-2020 by RocketJSquirrel]
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.