Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: December 2020 party for students and their tutors 12/22 update
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-10-2020 at 06:03 AM
December 2020 party for students and their tutors 12/22 update

So, I believe it is important for the kids to show gratitude for the tremendous effort their tutors have made in teaching them

and

for the tutors to show the kids how proud they are.

To that end, each tutor is buying a gift for their student, with their hard earned money AND I am meeting with Tidiana and Abraham's kids to make cards and more.

Here is the whole gang behind our hotel 2 days ago:

Here are the cards for each tutor.

Each tutor will get a red book - these were donated and they are wonderful! I wrapped each one.

My inscription says: With love and appreciation!

Here is what the tutor gift bags look like, and the kids will get the same bag but filled with goodies (pencils, candy canes, a small toy).

My workroom!

The goodies for the little ones.

I am going to get some friends to make jello, cookies, juice for the party. I will make a cake or maybe cupcakes. Two pinatas will be delivered today.

The party is scheduled for the 21st. I sure hope I can get the new shoes by then! My friend Cindy, who just arrived from the States, brought me 2 dolls I ordered for the girls.

Not sure what to get for the boys...going to look for something educational and fun.

Local families are gathering clothes to donate, these kids need clothes urgently. My son Marc and my Mom Eva sponsored used shoes for all, two of the kids had NO shoes and it is quite cold here now.

Here they are with their new used shoes! First time I have seen ALL the kids with shoes on. Two of the little ones hate wearing shoes because they are so used to walking around barefoot. I have asked Tidiana to have them wear them for an hour a day at first.

As you can see, not a dull day here in Paradise!

[Edited on 12-16-2020 by BajaBlanca]

[Edited on 12-23-2020 by BajaBlanca]

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-10-2020 at 08:30 AM

Oh, they so want to have good grades and the 3 older ones understand the difficulty of Life. They have had to grow up FAST Lencho.

At any rate, any excuse for a P A R T Y. Even if I have to stay so far away and they always want to hug me and I can't let them.

Come visit La Bocana

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
pauldavidmena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-11-2020 at 11:11 AM

We have more of those little red journals if you need them. :)

Visit my Dreams of Pescadero blog:
http://dreamsofpescadero.wordpress.com/
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-12-2020 at 11:10 AM

They are wonderful and yes to more when you come!

Come visit La Bocana

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-12-2020 at 02:49 PM

I had a friend coming south from the US who brought me these:

the cutest doll ever for Genesis! It was the only brown one I found on Amazon, so I got it.

and for Jireth Diana, I bought this bracelet making set, I think she will get a kick out of it.

All shoes have been ordered but the due date, since they are being imported, is from the end of Dec to Jan Ni modo, it is what it is!

Party commemorating end of school, beginning of winter vacation, Dec. 21!

Come visit La Bocana

Paulina
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-12-2020 at 04:35 PM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  
So, I believe it is important for the kids to show gratitude for the tremendous effort their tutors have made in teaching them...
Gratitude? From young children? :lol:

But we love them anyway. Just because. :saint:

Gratitude from young children?

Yes, it is possible. Children learn by observation and by doing. Blanca is modeling gratitude, showing what it means to be thankful for the acts of another. If more adults modeled appropriate behavior, more young people will be inspired to follow the lead of their elders.

I wrote this chant for class of 3-5 year olds. They stood up, stomped and clapped the beat as they repeated the words. We were thankful daily, not just when holiday's called for it. Little people have a lot more going on than you'd think.

Gratitude is our attitude
We are thankful every day.
Filling love tanks as we go
All along our way.
Showing kindness
Happy thoughts
For all things big and small.
Our attitude shows gratitude
Try it
Hear our call!

P>*)))>{

\"Well behaved women rarely make history.\" Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-12-2020 at 07:28 PM

Wonderful Paulina!

Come visit La Bocana

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-14-2020 at 02:10 PM

Getting excited about the end of the school year get together! Yesterday I picked up 2 pinatas from Ana Lilia and Pablo was there. Way back in the day, we helped Pablo when the family could not pay one semester....they eventually moved to Santa Rosalia where Pablo was going to school so he moved back home and expenses went down.

Now he is in his last semester getting his master's degree - another story for another day!

His dad recently got electrocuted at work and is on disability, the Mom asked if I could help her buy paper to make her pinatas so I ordered the two for our end of the year party. WIN - WIN!!!

The other day I took the cats for their rabies shots!

Lastly, the ambulance oxygen tank needed filling so I took care of that pronto! What if I need it?!!

Some ask me what I do all day...LOL...never ever a dull moment!

Come visit La Bocana

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-15-2020 at 09:06 PM

:biggrin:

Come visit La Bocana

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-15-2020 at 09:51 PM

So, today was wrapping it up day. Each child will get a little something. For the older kids (6, 7) I bought this memory game in the hopes that it might help Jireth who has trouble with remembering and I also bought Chinese Checkers and regular checkers because I know I loved playing these as a child.

I found these $1 cookie dishes that I will give to the ladies who will be helping me organize/bake everything next Monday.

But, oh my goodness, this is so wrong on so many levels but I bet you all can appreciate the scene.

This morning I wrote to all the tutors to remind them to do PE with their students and to remit photos etc. to the PE teachers.

Look at what Sannia had Alejandro do! I believe it is a toss game but she used EMPTY BEER BOTTLES!!!

Ah Mon Dieu!!!

Everything is coming together so nicely. I will bake a cake but am still trying to figure out something simple and delish for them to eat!

Come visit La Bocana

caj13
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-22-2020 at 05:19 PM

If you have access to rice krispies and marshmallows, rice crispy treats are super easy, very cheap, and easy to make, plus you get alot - high yield!
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-22-2020 at 06:35 PM

Good thought but I have never seen marshmallows here!

Come visit La Bocana

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-22-2020 at 06:52 PM

I am going to do a separate thread just on the POSADA or xmas party!

Here are a couple even so.

Come visit La Bocana

Mulege Canuck
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-24-2020 at 12:03 PM

Your a good person Blanca. Great to see those happy kids smiling. Have a happy Christmas.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.