Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Gangster tactics employed by a landlord in El Socorro
JC43
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-2-2021 at 09:17 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Quote: Originally posted by JC43  
The current landlord has revealed their true evil nature, and they are not going away. You will have to leave this property for your own peace of mind. But you should first regain possession, then bulldoze or burn the place to the ground on first day of repossession.
The evil landlord must be prevented from profiting from crime.

Even if you regain control of property, the evil family will still be there, lurking and plotting....

Pretty much the same can happen in the U.S. No doubt. If you lease land, the land is not yours. Period. Building on land which you do not own is just stupid. Rent what`s in existence, but do not build anything to it. Do it in the U.S. you will be chased off in no time. Same happens in Mexico! Why wondering???

Lots of successful leased property in USA. Here in socal much of irvine housing is on leased land, 99 year renewable leases. Mexico is totally outlaw territory compared to USA real estate system.

Mexico an outlaw territory talking Real Estate compared to the U.S? Well, build a house on leased land in the US and tell me the house is yours!?!?
The Reals Estate laws in MX are strict. Comparable to the U.S. version.
Just more easy::: If you have paid for the land - it yours. If not - it`s not.
What is the difference??? Building on land which you do not own remains the only thing it can be named: Stupid. 99 yrs of lease? What if the landlord is passing away (which might happen within 99 yrs) and the daughter is taking over? You don? t have a contract with her. Same story in MX and US. !
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-3-2021 at 05:55 AM

The current landlord has revealed their true evil nature, and they are not going away. You will have to leave this property for your own peace of mind. But you should first regain possession, then bulldoze or burn the place to the ground on first day of repossession.

Even if you regain control of property, the evil family will still be there, lurking and plotting....

Pretty much the same can happen in the U.S. No doubt. If you lease land, the land is not yours. Period. Building on land which you do not own is just stupid. Rent what`s in existence, but do not build anything to it. Do it in the U.S. you will be chased off in no time. Same happens in Mexico! Why wondering???

Lots of successful leased property in USA. Here in socal much of irvine housing is on leased land, 99 year renewable leases. Mexico is totally outlaw territory compared to USA real estate system.

Mexico an outlaw territory talking Real Estate compared to the U.S? Well, build a house on leased land in the US and tell me the house is yours!?!?
What is the difference??? Building on land which you do not own remains the only thing it can be named: Stupid. 99 yrs of lease? What if the landlord is passing away (which might happen within 99 yrs) and the daughter is taking over? You don? t have a contract with her. Same story in MX and US. !

Same as if you are renting a house and the owner sells it. New owner, new conditions.

John
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-3-2021 at 10:22 AM

X2 john. yup, its exactly that simple.

[Edited on 2-3-2021 by pacificobob]
bajarich
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-3-2021 at 11:03 AM

bajarich
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-3-2021 at 11:11 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bajarich  

Unless the person you bought it from didn't actually own it. That happens a lot.
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-3-2021 at 03:16 PM

i have title insurance policy from an American company on my land in mexico.
hopefully i never have to use it. but id rather have it in hand should I ever need to defend ownership.
JC43
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-4-2021 at 12:34 AM

Quote: Originally posted by pacificobob  
hopefully i never have to use it. but id rather have it in hand should I ever need to defend ownership.

A title insurance is certainly a good thing - no doubt. BUT: If you buy a property and the seller is not the owner.... well... that is the next stupid thing someone can do. Isn`t it essential that the buyer is asking for proper ownership? Question: Am I buying a car from someone and not asking for the title???
And now the "BUT"! There are plenty of properties in Mexico which have no title. And as a matter of fact: One do not need a title to be safe as an owner.
Example: Don Johnson (Hotel Serenidad) was involved in a lawsuit about a part of land on the right side of Highway one southbound from El Cacheno. Lawsuit lasted for about 20 years. End of the story: Court was asking him if he had paid for the land and can show the receipt. Answer was no. Land was gone! One thing is different in MX compared to the US. A title company like in the US does not exist in MX. Because there are lots of properties having no title. Not a problem that. One do not need a title. Having the receipt that you paid for the property and of course a sales contract is the main and only thing you need. Go to an Notary Public with the sales / purchasing contract and your receipt(!). Let him issue the legal ownership paper - this very long legal paper - and the property is yours. And no one can bother you about owning your property. If you have a title go to the katastry office and let your property being registered. No title company needed in MX.
JC43
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-4-2021 at 10:36 AM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
Go to an Notary Public with the sales / purchasing contract and your receipt(!). Let him issue the legal ownership paper - this very long legal paper - and the property is yours.

JC, do you know how the notario determines whether the person that sold you the property, actually had the right to sell it?

Anybody can say they are the owner of a piece of land, sell it to you and issue a contract and receipt, but that does not mean that the notary has legal grounds to then declare you the (new) legal owner...

@lemcho: That is absolutely correct. The Notary public is NOT checking the legal transfer. That is up to the buyer!! The buyer needs to do his homework.
The Notary is doing his job (and more important in MX: Charging you - no matter what) It happened more than one time that somebody purchased land from a "seller" who was not the owner of the land.
i.e. it happened that somebody purchased land from a guy who claimed to be the owner. i.e. the son of the grandma of a family. But in MX it is mostly(not always) the oldest person in a family who is the owner. As properties are mostly inherited. That is legally valid. No legal process needed.
If something like that happens to you - you can only ask: How to get the chit back into the horse. Well if somebody is stupid enough not to do his homework - the chit belongs to him - legally !

[Edited on 2-4-2021 by JC43]

[Edited on 2-4-2021 by JC43]
JC43
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-4-2021 at 10:44 AM

Quote: Originally posted by pacificobob  

Do you know that e v e r y insurance company has a `claim denial agent` employed? His job is to intensively search for mistakes in the application form you submitted. Reason: Denial your (possible) claim. But if you do your homework upfront purchasing property in Mexico, you don`t need a title insurance. Buying a property is safe in Mexico if you know the law.
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-4-2021 at 05:16 PM

why yes, i do know how the claims process works. someday i hope to achive the level of savvy enjoyed by the more enlightened consumers of real-estate services.
all these years i've been insuring my health, boats, aircraft , cars , life , pilot certificates and real estate. silly me.

[Edited on 2-5-2021 by pacificobob]
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-7-2021 at 10:41 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bajarich  

Any lease in Mexico with a term longer than 9 years and 364 days is not legal or enforceable. After that period, it's completely up to the owner of the property whether or not to honor any longer term agreement.

"The future ain't what it used to be"
JC43
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-7-2021 at 11:05 AM

Whatever is said in the headline and little bit later like " doze it down" etc. is as stupid as can be. Doze something down you do not own (and any building on a land belongs to the landlord - not necessarily to the one who build it) you better buy a good run-away-car! b/c the landlord will force you to be jailed faster than you can reach the border for safety. Summary: Whatever is declared as crime in this thread committed by the landlord is no crime at all. It is his legal right to do with his property whatever he wants. Every suggestion how to do revenge on the landlord is bullsh$$
RocketJSquirrel
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-7-2021 at 03:24 PM

Totally agree with JC43. People who advise destructive action, certainly visible destructive action, are guiding you to doing a little prison time. Or possibly some nasty punitive retribution. Be careful. Lots of big talkers here.

People here need to get real. It's not unusual for people in the area where I live to get gunned down standing in their front yard for some perceived offense. Not really a problem if you are not in the drugs business or not trying to smart-ass your way through a real estate transaction gone bad.

But... as soon as you think you are going to out-smart out-tough these people, keep your distance from me. It's clear you are still a babe in the woods.
JC43
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-7-2021 at 04:24 PM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
...any building on a land belongs to the landlord...

That's what I've always assumed but I see numerous cases where people "sell" structures built on leased land.

How does this work? What is it they're actually selling if they don't own it?

I'd be very curious to read D-Train's contract where the parties' rights are specified.

And you talk as if you know about Mexican Law-- is a lease contract binding on the heirs of a property?

That`s exactly the point. One has to know the lease contract in detail.
To your Q.: Of cause people are building on leased land. Then the contract says: The dirt belongs to the landlord - nothing else. The tenant is paying to use the dirt. Like in the Oasis or other RV places. BUT: The moment the landlord is selling or passing away the situation is like it is said earlier in this thread. Leasing a building one has no right to extend it. Period. The building belongs to the landlord. The building you are constructing on leased land belongs to you. The magic fact: You paid for!
On a leased building it is: You paid for to use it - nothing else.
What the heck is so darn difficult to understand the issue?
BajaRun
Nomad

Mood: Just Cruisin'

[*] posted on 2-8-2021 at 03:56 PM

I see many lots "For Sale" on leased land. For example a Campo in San Felipe has a few lots for sale but the seller does not actually own the land they just lease the lot and are selling the opportunity for someone else to lease the lot. I have a difficult time giving someone money to take over their lease. If the amount is reasonable to me I will do it and I am considering "Buying" a lot right now.

"Buyer Beware" and do your due diligence !!
JC43
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-8-2021 at 06:32 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaRun  
I see many lots "For Sale" on leased land. For example a Campo in San Felipe has a few lots for sale but the seller does not actually own the land they just lease the lot and are selling the opportunity for someone else to lease the lot. I have a difficult time giving someone money to take over their lease. If the amount is reasonable to me I will do it and I am considering "Buying" a lot right now.

"Buyer Beware" and do your due diligence !!

I think it works this way: For Sale means, the owner of the building wants to sell his building. Which is only possible if the buyer is getting a new lease contract for the dirt/lot the house is built on. If the lot is empty (no dwelling on it) make your homework if the seller is the legal owner and can sell the lot legally.
DawnPatrol
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-8-2021 at 08:18 PM

D-train;
what house is this? I am very familiar with Scorro/Socorrito as my Cousin Ed & Mary Shain lived just up and to the right of the landlord where the road splits. They have been long gone and sold to someone from AZ? Is this your house?
Also know a few others who live there and in Socoritto

Yes I have heard the stories of the daughter who took over after the parents died.....
d-train

Mood: head high and offshore

[*] posted on 3-5-2021 at 02:06 PM

Quote: Originally posted by DawnPatrol  
D-train;
what house is this? I am very familiar with Scorro/Socorrito as my Cousin Ed & Mary Shain lived just up and to the right of the landlord where the road splits. They have been long gone and sold to someone from AZ? Is this your house?
Also know a few others who live there and in Socoritto

Yes I have heard the stories of the daughter who took over after the parents died.....

It's not Ed & Mary's place. The family that purchased that property are lovely people. Our place is the big, reddish, brick house with garden in front on the
north side of main dirt road as you get close to the beach. Photo below. More photos Flickr Photo Gallery - Our Baja Home.

[Edited on 3-5-2021 by d-train]
JC43
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-7-2021 at 12:34 PM

@ d-train. Can you explain which part of the house was in existence at the time you rented it. And which part did you ad to it?
The entire house looks like it was made in one piece.
But again. My question is not important for the issue of this thread.
Adding something to a house you don`t own is illegal. No reason to say "Gangster Tactics". Illegal even in the U.S.! YOU made the mistake - not the legal owner.
advrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-9-2021 at 08:42 AM

Anything new with this situation? Any luck getting your personal property back?
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.