Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Toda santo
amigobaja
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-15-2021 at 06:48 AM
Toda santo

Doing a off road trip and pulled into town last night for a day to clean up.
Question other then neighborhood car washes is there by chance a coin op do it yourself?
And what is a must see here?
Muchos gracias
pauldavidmena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-15-2021 at 07:31 AM

When we were last in Todos Santos a year ago, there was a car wash in El Pescadero right next to Baja Beans. I don't know if it's still there or whether it's self-service or not. Baja Beans itself is a nice place to grab a cup of coffee and a pastry. Hotel California is a bit of a tourist trap, but they serve very good Jamaica Margaritas.

Visit my Dreams of Pescadero blog:
http://dreamsofpescadero.wordpress.com/
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 4-15-2021 at 08:37 AM

I am not familiar with what is in that town, but if you ask around, you may be able to find a car wash business that has a power washer.

One of the things I like about Baja is being abe to get my ride washed, and even detailed for about what I spend at a self serve place here in the states!

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-15-2021 at 08:40 AM

there are tons of car wash places.....all the old fashioned kind....i hear alta California has coinop ones.
why do it yourself when $10us will get your rig looking like new.
Bajabus
Senior Nomad

Mood: My friends..it's good.

[*] posted on 4-15-2021 at 09:15 AM

No self service but as mentioned above the car wash near Baja Beans is a good one.
The road trip to Triunfo is nice as is the road across from Rancho Nuevo that goes over the sierras and comes down around the airport.

Down a little further just past the 81KM is a left hand turn onto a dirt road that does a nice loop thru Matancitas and Candelaria the potters village. Lots of other dirt roads into the mountains for exploring.

In TS itself, not much. The cultural center opposite the Amerimex realtor is also a nice 30 min visit. The rest has become a giant tourist trap. Much of the charm that used to be here disappeared as soon as it became "discovered"

"Preventive war was an invention of Hitler. Frankly I would not even listen to anyone seriously that came and talked of such a thing." Dwight David Eisenhower
amigobaja
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-15-2021 at 12:35 PM

We came down from San Carlos yesterday and do plan to go up over the mountains off road to work our way back up to Mulege.
Thanks for the local info.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 4-15-2021 at 01:32 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Bajabus  
The cultural center opposite the Amerimex realtor is also a nice 30 min visit. The rest has become a giant tourist trap. Much of the charm that used to be here disappeared as soon as it became "discovered"

Most all good things are ruined when crowds of tourists discover the good things. Circle of life. Love it, then love it to death.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

Bajabus
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-15-2021 at 01:44 PM

Quote: Originally posted by amigobaja  
We came down from San Carlos yesterday and do plan to go up over the mountains off road to work our way back up to Mulege.
Thanks for the local info.

If you want a beach to come hang out on for free for a few days you can stop by our place. Private message me.

"Preventive war was an invention of Hitler. Frankly I would not even listen to anyone seriously that came and talked of such a thing." Dwight David Eisenhower
wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-16-2021 at 07:51 AM

There is a Turtle Conservation group in Todos Santos, just a couple miles north. They have hatchling releases at sunset. These events for the public are fund raisers for the organization - not sure how often they're done. Ask around about this, regardless, you can visit the turtle pens where they have collected the eggs and protect them from predators. Interesting in itself, and a very memorable experience if you can release a hatchling into the ocean.
There's also a small museum in town that I found interesting. And on a side street there is a trinket shop that sells a chocolate tequila liqueour (other flavors too) - they have tastings of these liquours. I really liked the chocolate one, but price was negotiable - started out at $125/a bottle !!! Got down to $75, and around town - where you could find it - was about $60. Still too steep for me and I passed, but I never found it anywhere else in my Baja travels.
4x4abc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: happy - always

[*] posted on 4-16-2021 at 11:01 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Bajabus  
No self service but as mentioned above the car wash near Baja Beans is a good one.
The road trip to Triunfo is nice as is the road across from Rancho Nuevo that goes over the sierras and comes down around the airport.

Down a little further just past the 81KM is a left hand turn onto a dirt road that does a nice loop thru Matancitas and Candelaria the potters village. Lots of other dirt roads into the mountains for exploring.

km 81 on which highway?

Harald Pietschmann
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 4-16-2021 at 12:07 PM

Km. 81 is near Elías Calles on Hwy. 19:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Bajabus
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-16-2021 at 12:40 PM

it's at the crest of the next hill past the 81 KM. just before it will be a red triangle flag on the ocean side. The turn to the left is marked with a white sign that says Matancitas in hand lettering. If you pass Rancho Gaspareno you went too far. BTW that arroyo just past the left and before Rancho Gaspareno leads up to a nice little waterfall that pretty much runs year round. It's sometimes a very sandy and easy road to get stuck in so be prepared if you head to it. It's only a mile or two and not a difficult hike. If you decide to get wet beware that above the fall are small pools that cows hang out in and can at times make the water unsafe to splash in. It's pretty with a bunch of giant fig/Banyan trees. Nice spot for a picnic with the right vehicle.

Be careful making that left at the top of the hill to Matancitas, big blind spot to oncoming traffic

[Edited on 16-4-2021 by Bajabus]

Bajabus
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-17-2021 at 10:28 AM

If you go early in the day you can get great queso fresco and eggs from the rancheros up there.

Matancitas Loop.jpg - 123kB

phmilo
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-18-2021 at 09:02 AM

For anyone in town, is Agricol open again? We'll be down in a few weeks and hoping for some of their goodies.
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-18-2021 at 09:38 AM

yes it's open. and becoming more popular daily
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-18-2021 at 02:10 PM

Agricole is open and they've expanded. Stopped by last month and there was a tour bus from Cabo. It's been discovered.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.