Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Mountain Biking in Todos Santos
jamiec
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-4-2021 at 09:23 AM
Mountain Biking in Todos Santos

Nice article about the Todos Santos mountain biking scene and the local bike shop:

https://www.bicycling.com/rides/a35879332/mountain-biking-ba...
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 5-4-2021 at 11:42 AM

"But there were complications. Things didn't work out".

Knowing how things can go awry down here, I was wondering about that brief statement. How did things go at The Hub for other businesses, you folks from TS?

A fine article.

Usually, a writer will populate a story with pics of the most scenic portions that a ride has to offer. I was a bit disappointed in the scenery shots in this one. It's been many years since I've been in Todos Santos. I always assumed the hills had more vegetation; being in such proximity to the tropics. Looks a lot like the scrub/chaparral belt in coastal California, only with fewer trees.

Gotta get out some pics of our MTB trails in our area of central coastal Sonora. Certainly a desert more on the lush side. Great trails! Almost all on Trailforks, if people are interested. We added about three new trails this year and partially completed another two. Most all are rated beginner, with a few intermediates, here and there.

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-4-2021 at 11:58 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Hook  
"But there were complications. Things didn't work out".

Knowing how things can go awry down here, I was wondering about that brief statement. How did things go at The Hub for other businesses, you folks from TS?

A fine article.

Usually, a writer will populate a story with pics of the most scenic portions that a ride has to offer. I was a bit disappointed in the scenery shots in this one. It's been many years since I've been in Todos Santos. I always assumed the hills had more vegetation; being in such proximity to the tropics. Looks a lot like the scrub/chaparral belt in coastal California, only with fewer trees.

Gotta get out some pics of our MTB trails in our area of central coastal Sonora. Certainly a desert more on the lush side. Great trails! Almost all on Trailforks, if people are interested. We added about three new trails this year and partially completed another two. Most all are rated beginner, with a few intermediates, here and there.

are E-bikes welcome?
Hook
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-4-2021 at 12:49 PM

On our trails, ABSOLUTELY!! Many Rad Rovers, Specialized, Treks, Haibikes, Rad Minis over here. You will see the non-motorized Pivots and Santa Cruz bikes, as well.

I have a 2019 Rad Rover down here, right now. My wife takes all the single tracks on her Rad City Step-Thru even. She just walks up the baddest inclines. But she airs down and does OK in the washes.
white whale
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-4-2021 at 02:19 PM

What a great story, the auto play video was slick. No old growth, tree hazards or mud but pretty nice vistas I'd say.

e- bikes. Apart from admiring the tech while cursing at them silently on uphill climbs the quiet can be startling while being passed as you get no warning the robobike is behind you.

This ain't no party, this ain't no disco, this ain't no foolin' around Life During Wartime - Talking Heads '79
Hook
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-4-2021 at 02:51 PM

Quote: Originally posted by white whale  
What a great story, the auto play video was slick. No old growth, tree hazards or mud but pretty nice vistas I'd say.

e- bikes. Apart from admiring the tech while cursing at them silently on uphill climbs the quiet can be startling while being passed as you get no warning the robobike is behind you.

Yeah, I dont understand those who think they are loud. My 4.8" Maxxis Minions make way more noise than the motor.
StuckSucks
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-5-2021 at 09:11 AM

OTE, sweet, I know these folks from riding around Fruita several times. Troy builds some very fun trails. LOTS of Rabbit Valley action for us (located on the CO/UT border).

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.