BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Los Cabos vaccinations for 50+?
jedge42
Junior Nomad

Mood: Light and variable

[*] posted on 5-8-2021 at 10:32 AM
Los Cabos vaccinations for 50+?

Anyone have any info on COVID vaccinations in Los Cabos upcoming for folks 50+?

I signed up with my CURP at https://mivacuna.salud.gob.mx/index.php and got a folio number, but am wondering if they are scheduling upcoming clinics yet ...

I saw there was talk of La Paz vaccines for 50+ right about now in BCS Noticias a week or so ago, but have heard nothing since ...

thanks!

jake
bajalinda
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-8-2021 at 12:29 PM

We have been getting updates on Facebook at either of the following 2 sites.

Secretaria de Bienestar de BCS (https://www.facebook.com/BienestarBCS)

or

Delegacion de programmas para el desarrollo BCS (https://www.facebook.com/search/top?q=delegacion%20de%20prog...)

If you are not on Facebook, try going directly to the gov't website or contact them directly.

We are in the La Paz district and went for our first dose yesterday - totally smooth and organized procedure.

[Edited on 5-8-2021 by bajalinda]

[Edited on 5-8-2021 by bajalinda]

tiotomasbcs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-8-2021 at 12:48 PM

You need to decide where you will go for your Vaccines as you live on East Cape, right....Los Barriles or San Jose del Cabo. I did mine here in Pescadero. It takes up most of a day. We did A, B, C order over 8am--4pm the second dose. First dose was a loong day waiting. Local Fire Dept/Paramedics were a big help with info. Get someone to help you sign up -register...print form on Facebook as Linda said. No reaction to Vaccines other than RELIEF.
bajalinda
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-8-2021 at 01:05 PM

Sorry you had such a long day, tiotomasbcs.

We were in and out yesterday in about an hour. In La Paz they tried a new system where you had to sign up for an appt time block, for example 11am to 12pm, 12pm to 1pm, etc...

jedge42 - If they use this system where you live, you will need your folio number that you received from the "mivacuna" site. Keep checking the gov't sites and BCS Noticias for news.

AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 5-8-2021 at 01:26 PM
Dyslexia, or wishful thinking?

I opened this post thinking it was about "Los Cabos vacations" :rolleyes:

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-9-2021 at 06:45 AM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  
I opened this post thinking it was about "Los Cabos vacations" :rolleyes:

ok, in the sprit of full disclosure...i did the same. my first thought was here is a guy who is not caba wabo material, and wants a more laid back vibe on holiday.
jedge42
Junior Nomad

Mood: Light and variable

[*] posted on 5-9-2021 at 07:36 AM

Quote: Originally posted by bajalinda  

jedge42 - If they use this system where you live, you will need your folio number that you received from the "mivacuna" site. Keep checking the gov't sites and BCS Noticias for news.

Thanks for the info, bajalinda ... I have the folio number and will keep my eye out ...

jake
SoNouveau

[*] posted on 6-23-2021 at 06:24 PM

I'm late in responding, but ... for what it's worth.

I live in La Paz. I got my first shot on April 19, here in La Paz.
I, too, signed up online but then I talked with a local who owns a bakery here in town. She said she didn't think they were calling people who had signed up online!!!--which answered a lot of my questions!!! LOL (I was being "nice," and waiting for my phone call. I had waited for weeks and weeks for a phone call.)

Anyway, I walked by a center the next day, chatted with a man at the front gate, confirmed my age (73) and the fact that I was a permanent resident, and they ushered me right in. My shot took maybe 1.5 hours in total. I did need my CURP for paperwork inside, just FYI.

But I do have a question for anyone living here in La Paz. I need my SECOND shot soon-ish. Next Tuesday will be 12 weeks for me. Does anyone have an address of vaccination centers that are currently open in La Paz? Or a link? I biked by the center I used 11 weeks back, but that was on Sunday. 'Looked deserted to me, but I'll bike by again. I was thinking they might have condensed operations.

Sincere thanks.
SoNouveau

[*] posted on 6-23-2021 at 06:30 PM

I forgot to add this tidbit: From what I read online, they aren't turning away anyone if you're eligible. That is, I don't think they care if you do or do not have an appointment. No one asked me about signing up online. So if you're "older" and show up, I think you're good to go. That was my impression in La Paz, anyway, 11 weeks back. And that's why I just wandered by--to see what would be said. (Folks there were VERY friendly and very helpful!!!!!)

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.