BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: How old were your kids when you taught them to drive?
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 6-7-2021 at 05:05 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Quote: Originally posted by thebajarunner  

Sadly, those days are likely far behind,
The next generation won't even know how to fill a gas tank and check oil, just show them where to plug it in.

Perhaps my Great grandparents lamented that I never learned how to drive a horse and buggy,… whatever.
But the world will be a better (cleaner, quieter) place when automobile IC engines are no more! :bounce:

I am sure that quaint, cranky luddites will keep IC engines alive for a while so kids of tomorrow can try their hand at driving an antique, noisy, dirty stick shift :lol:

I love my battery-powered lawn mower and battery-powered chain saw - I hope to never again see a fussy antique IC engine lawn mower! I do still have an IC engine chain saw, but it is sort of a beast relative to my handy mini battery-powered chain saw.

Tell us the make and model of your eco-friendly vehicle

You know, the one your were driving all over the West last summer whilst proclaiming scorn upon all those who ventured out to travel.

F-150. Great truck! Ecoboost engine, 20+ mpg!
My travels were to “quarantine” sites, my cabin, and camping! Pandemic-safe, fauci-approved destinations!

Sucker!

You are a phony!!
Your travels, by your account, were to Arizona, Pacific Northwest and even NorCal where you got into an apparent squabble with a local.
You must own a lot of cabins....

But, at least you got one thing right, your personal signature of ""Sucker" seems spot on.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 6-8-2021 at 06:33 AM

Sadly, those days are likely far behind,
The next generation won't even know how to fill a gas tank and check oil, just show them where to plug it in.

Perhaps my Great grandparents lamented that I never learned how to drive a horse and buggy,… whatever.
But the world will be a better (cleaner, quieter) place when automobile IC engines are no more! :bounce:

I am sure that quaint, cranky luddites will keep IC engines alive for a while so kids of tomorrow can try their hand at driving an antique, noisy, dirty stick shift :lol:

I love my battery-powered lawn mower and battery-powered chain saw - I hope to never again see a fussy antique IC engine lawn mower! I do still have an IC engine chain saw, but it is sort of a beast relative to my handy mini battery-powered chain saw.

Tell us the make and model of your eco-friendly vehicle

You know, the one your were driving all over the West last summer whilst proclaiming scorn upon all those who ventured out to travel.

F-150. Great truck! Ecoboost engine, 20+ mpg!
My travels were to “quarantine” sites, my cabin, and camping! Pandemic-safe, fauci-approved destinations!

Sucker!

You are a phony!!
Your travels, by your account, were to Arizona, Pacific Northwest and even NorCal where you got into an apparent squabble with a local.
You must own a lot of cabins....

But, at least you got one thing right, your personal signature of ""Sucker" seems spot on.

Creepy cretin:
In stalking me, you appear to have confused vacation travel vs work travel. If you are going to stalk me, you really should try harder to get the details right.

[Edited on 6-8-2021 by mtgoat666]

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

freediverbrian
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-8-2021 at 04:08 PM

Taught both my kids at about 14 in baja. We drive a Ford crew cab down to baja. When I let my son drive I told him , him he was taking a good line avoiding rocks and potholes he said he has been looking over my shoulder watching for his whole life he knows.
caj13
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-14-2021 at 05:50 PM

My daughter started sitting on my lap and steering when she was 5. I live us a mile long private road, so she would take over when we were on my land. By the time she was 11, she was driving my F250 on her own - except she had to have her dog standing on the seat behind her, so she could lean against him to reach the pedals.

Now shes teaching my 4 year old grandson. he steered up the same road today - hes well on his way.

My mom taught me to drive in a 4 speed army surplus jeep on the mountain road in the Uintah mountains of Utah - when I was 11.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.