BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Dorado in (not) La Bocana June 2021 - correction ESPIRITU SANTO
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-8-2021 at 12:34 AM
Dorado in (not) La Bocana June 2021 - correction ESPIRITU SANTO

My friend Eduardo just posted this photo of his fish and Joaquin yesterday on facebook!

I apologize to everyone - my baaaaaaaaaaaad - I understood that Eduardo was in La Bocana but he in fact went to Espiritu Santo.

[Edited on 6-11-2021 by BajaBlanca]

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-8-2021 at 12:37 AM

That is living life.

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

vandy
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-8-2021 at 08:57 AM

Are they really near la Bocana?

Sweating?

Just wondering.:cool:
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-8-2021 at 09:19 AM

For sure in La Bocana!

Come visit La Bocana

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-8-2021 at 11:11 AM

Sounds like an El Nino year coming up
watizname
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-9-2021 at 06:37 AM
El Nino

It would be nice to get some rain this coming winter. A lot I hope

I yam what I yam and that\'s all what I yam.
Don Jorge
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-9-2021 at 06:43 AM

A fish picture from FB. But, is that Carmen in the background?

Where is Defrag, we need a first hand report, please?

�And it never failed that during the dry years the people forgot about the rich years, and during the wet years they lost all memory of the dry years. It was always that way.�― John Steinbeck

"All models are wrong, but some are useful." George E.P. Box

"Nature bats last." Doug "Hayduke" Peac-ck
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-9-2021 at 08:03 PM

It is La Bocana in the background! Who is Defrag?

Come visit La Bocana

Rossman
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-10-2021 at 12:57 PM

Very skeptical of the post. First of all there are about a dozen La Bocanas in Mexico. Secondly, the tee shirts and shorts tell me they are not within a couple hundred miles of the Bocana ln central Baja on thr Pacific. Water temp, even off shore is 60 degrees in Asuncion and about 3 degrees warmer in LA Bocana. I am generally the first to catch a Dorado in the Asuncion area and I will tell you I've never seen on in water cooler than 72 degrees.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-10-2021 at 07:09 PM

You guys! This is my very good friend Eduardo from La Paz who is vacationing now in La Bocana. He caught the fish.

Come visit La Bocana

Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-10-2021 at 07:13 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  
You guys! This is my very good friend Eduardo from La Paz who is vacationing now in La Bocana. He caught the fish.

I'm not saying he didn't catch the fish. But I agree with the others, I doubt it was in La Bocana. I know there are a lot of big dorado being caught in the East Cape recently.

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-11-2021 at 06:25 AM

ALERT ALERT ALERT

I STAND CORRECTED!!!

IT WAS NOT LA BOCANA - I UNDERSTOOD IT WAS but I just confirmed with Eduardo that it was in fact near Espiritu Santo

So sorry - I am really sorry.

[Edited on 6-11-2021 by BajaBlanca]

Come visit La Bocana

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 6-11-2021 at 10:35 AM

Boy you guys are tough! I thought I was bad with details!! LOL

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-11-2021 at 11:35 AM

But I did just hear there are a lot of corbina in La Bocana. Big squid up tat Pt. Eugenia, too. I think it's going to be an epic year of catching!

[Edited on 6-11-2021 by Bajaboy]

Don Jorge
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-11-2021 at 01:06 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  

Where the fish in a photo was actually caught is not a detail.

The skeptics who doubted the veracity of a third party post from Poland reporting dorado being caught in 60 degree water off of the central Baja coast have over a 100 years combined experience fishing the Baja peninsulas coastal and offshore waters.

I read the post and thought hmmm. Then vandy chimed in and he was right, something is wrong here. Looked at the photo, saw rental rods and reels, nice ones, a beamy boat and an island or land in the back ground which lloked Cortez side and I guessed Loreto and Carmen, but it could I have been Cerralvo and La Paz or ??

I have met Ross, briefly, and Bajaboy not so briefly
Ross is a fisherman, as good a fisherman as the best I know and I know some good ones. He fishes just around the corner from La Bocana, BCS. He spends lots of time on the water in his own boat. You learn something every time you go out and he goes out a lot. Bajaboy fishes often too and is learning from the local guides, local knowledge, every time also. He is just a pup compared to Ross and myself but pups turn into old dogs too.

Our combined experiences strongly suggested the report was perhaps misinformation. In fishing, misinformation should be disseminated first hand and only first hand. And said fibber must be ready to accept in good humor being called out on such fibs.

So no, we did not believe those fish were caught where they were reported to have been caught. The responses here were merely expressions of those doubts. None were being mean, except he who shall be ignored on the Baja Fishing and Hunting section. No disrespect to Blanca at all on my part. She was just trying to liven things up here. And, I guess she did! Dorado will do that to any fisherman.

Nothing exotic happening on the offshore banks of Mag Bay but there is a dorado bite going on from Cabo to Loreto and it is a pretty good bite.

Time to go and fib first hand!

�And it never failed that during the dry years the people forgot about the rich years, and during the wet years they lost all memory of the dry years. It was always that way.�― John Steinbeck

"All models are wrong, but some are useful." George E.P. Box

"Nature bats last." Doug "Hayduke" Peac-ck
Rossman
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-11-2021 at 04:33 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Don Jorge  

The skeptics who doubted the veracity of a third party post from Poland reporting dorado being caught in 60 degree water off of the central Baja coast have over a 100 years combined experience fishing the Baja peninsulas coastal and offshore waters.

I read the post and thought hmmm. Then vandy chimed in and he was right, something is wrong here. Looked at the photo, saw rental rods and reels, nice ones, a beamy boat and an island or land in the back ground which lloked Cortez side and I guessed Loreto and Carmen, but it could I have been Cerralvo and La Paz or ??

Ross is a fisherman, as good a fisherman as the best I know and I know some good ones. He fishes just around the corner from La Bocana, BCS. He spends lots of time on the water in his own boat. You learn something every time you go out and he goes out a lot. Bajaboy fishes often too and is learning from the local guides, local knowledge, every time also. He is just a pup compared to Ross and myself but pups turn into old dogs too.

Our combined experiences strongly suggested the report was perhaps misinformation. In fishing, misinformation should be disseminated first hand and only first hand. And said fibber must be ready to accept in good humor being called out on such fibs.

So no, we did not believe those fish were caught where they were reported to have been caught. The responses here were merely expressions of those doubts. None were being mean, except he who shall be ignored on the Baja Fishing and Hunting section. No disrespect to Blanca at all on my part. She was just trying to liven things up here. And, I guess she did! Dorado will do that to any fisherman.

Nothing exotic happening on the offshore banks of Mag Bay but there is a dorado bite going on from Cabo to Loreto and it is a pretty good bite.

Absolutely would not call out Blanca on a a forum or ever for that matter. Just knew the story wasn't right.

Ad an aside, I was in La Bocana today. Stopped by the hotel to pick up som tee shirts that Blanca left for me. I took some photos and vids with my drone that will be on Blanca's messenger tomorrow morning when she wakes up in Europe.

Also stopped by Campo Rene to visit a friend staying there. Some changes in status there. The chain in the entry has been removed and a watchman is on duty. When asked if my friends could camp they said yes if you are from the US but no Mexicans. Fifteen bucks a night. No hot water and flush with a bucket. Boat ramp is open and in good shape. The no Mexican rule does not stop locals from partying there every night.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-11-2021 at 08:53 PM

Call me out! I was so wrong and I apologize. You all know I understand zilch about fishing or rods or even geography but I so wanted to share what I thought was the most amazing fishing and in our village.

Great news that Campo Rene is slightly open.

Ross, those drone shots were awesome. I miss Baja and my cats, but we are so loving Poland and onto Turkey next week.

Come visit La Bocana

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 6-11-2021 at 09:33 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Rossman  
Quote: Originally posted by Don Jorge  

Also stopped by Campo Rene to visit a friend staying there. Some changes in status there. The chain in the entry has been removed and a watchman is on duty. When asked if my friends could camp they said yes if you are from the US but no Mexicans.

What’s up with campo Rene not allowing Mexicans?

That sounds kind of flocked up…

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 6-11-2021 at 10:01 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Bajaboy  
But I did just hear there are a lot of corbina in La Bocana. Big squid up tat Pt. Eugenia, too. I think it's going to be an epic year of catching!

[Edited on 6-11-2021 by Bajaboy]

Well, corbina isn't as beautiful or big as dolphinfish (dorado/ mahi mahi), but it sure is great eating fish to catch! It is also on both sides of Baja, on sandy beaches and close-in.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-12-2021 at 06:27 AM

How bizarre that Mexicans cannot camp? What is up with that? Que tan raro - how weird.

Come visit La Bocana

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.