Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Global Entry Renewal
karenintx
Senior Nomad

Mood: Living The Dream

[*] posted on 6-16-2021 at 08:14 AM
Global Entry Renewal

My Global Entry was due to expire in June 2022.  Having read that the system has a backlog I decided to apply ASAP, which is one year from your expiration date.  I submitted my renewal application on June 14, 2021 @ 9:45 am.  To my surprise this morning (6/16/21) in my email box was a notification from CBP advising me..."We are pleased to advise you that your CBP/Global Entry membership has been approved.  Your new expiration date is June 2027." 

YAHOO!!!!! No renewal interview needed.  My original application was in June 2011 which required a face to face interview.  For my first renewal I started the process in December 2015 and was happily surprised that I was approved without a face to face interview.  Now for my second renewal I was approved within 36 hours of submitting my renewal application and again approved without a face to face interview.  Life is GOOD!
Even if I had been required to have an interview I had already decided that I would use CBP's EoA program which is Enrollment on Arrival which requires no appointment.  Might be helpful to others that need a face to face interview. 

https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-traveler-programs/global-...
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-16-2021 at 08:25 AM

Great to hear.

Life is getting back to normal.

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

karenintx
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-16-2021 at 08:58 AM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  

Life is getting back to normal.

Yes, it is! Interesting point, the hubby submitted his application mid-May...it is still pending approval. I think it's because he received two speeding ticket within 14 months. He may get to use the EoA program...if his renewal app is approved.

I told him to slow down...
BajaMama
Super Nomad

Mood: Got Baja fever!!

[*] posted on 6-17-2021 at 11:56 AM

Nice! My SENTRI expired June 2021 so I applied for GE in June 2020. Approved, no interview required, had the card a week later.

My husband applied for renewal August 2020. Conditional approval February 2021, interview required. Interview early March, did not get approval until after we called to remind them they "approved" him in the interview! Crazy. He now has approval and his card. Remember to activate your card online.
karenintx
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-17-2021 at 12:31 PM

An other benefit for not having to do an interview...you get to keep your photo.

I look 11 years younger on my G/E card then in real life...sweet!!!
Whale-ista
Super Nomad

Mood: Sunny with chance of whales

[*] posted on 6-17-2021 at 09:16 PM

Thanks for the Information re: Enrollment on Arrival. I've shared with others who are facing long waits.

\"Probably the airplanes will bring week-enders from Los Angeles before long, and the beautiful poor bedraggled old town will bloom with a Floridian ugliness.\" (John Steinbeck, 1940, discussing the future of La Paz, BCS, Mexico)
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-6-2021 at 03:00 PM

Hello All. My Sentri was set to expire in like 2019 so I started the process back then. Last summer (8/2020) I got the conditional approval.

At that time I tried to make an appointment and they gave me one, 14 months later - 10/2021.

I logged in today to see if I could get a quicker date after hearing from Nomads that the lines were not long anymore and it now says the first available in Otay is 8/5/2022. What the hell is going on? Anyone? I'm gonna stick with my 10/2021 appointment but jeeezeeeee......
nahhee

[*] posted on 9-4-2021 at 02:46 PM
Keep Trying to Make Appointment Multiple Times

I know that this is an old thread, but I discovered when I got a date far in the future for the interview at a particular site that the system is dynamic - if you keep trying you stand a good chance of getting a slot somebody lost because they cancelled out, or some other thing happened. I kept trying for several days, multiple times a day, with most appointments months down the road, until I managed to snag an appointment the same day when I was checking in the morning, right after they opened up. Guess somebody called and cancelled that day. Also got an appointment for my wife a few days later using the same technique. IOW, don't accept the booking until it suits you.
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-4-2021 at 02:56 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Ateo  
Hello All. My Sentri was set to expire in like 2019 so I started the process back then. Last summer (8/2020) I got the conditional approval.

At that time I tried to make an appointment and they gave me one, 14 months later - 10/2021.

I logged in today to see if I could get a quicker date after hearing from Nomads that the lines were not long anymore and it now says the first available in Otay is 8/5/2022. What the hell is going on? Anyone? I'm gonna stick with my 10/2021 appointment but jeeezeeeee......

You can schedule a Zoom session now for renewals.

Cancel you appt. And schedule the virtual session in the portal.

Also, to get faster in person you need to check availability frequently and catch a cancelation.

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-5-2021 at 01:59 AM

All great advice above!

Welcome Nahhee!

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.