Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Valle Guadalupe is back, and vax'd
Santiago
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-19-2021 at 07:21 AM
Valle Guadalupe is back, and vax'd

Thursday vaccines became available for the 18-50 age group and as far as we could tell, eveyone working in the wine region went. Yesterday (Friday) all the 'kids' pouring and serving were complaining about feeling down, sore arms etc. It was the J&J single dose. The owners/managers we talked with said they loaded their entire group of employees and drove them to Ensenada for shots.

All upper end dining spots are packed, reservations required for weekend.
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-19-2021 at 08:27 AM

Good news. Time to burn the masks.

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

BajaTed
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-28-2021 at 10:13 AM

The vaccination lines snaked for miles around the the Vax site in Rosarito. The patience of the community is a virtue you will never see in the states.

Es Todo Bueno
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 6-28-2021 at 10:34 AM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  
Good news. Time to burn the masks.

A bit premature to burn your masks.

You might want to keep your mask for the spike in covid that may come in winter. And masks still required on public transport.

Also, keep your mask as you really should practice common courtesy and wear a mask next time you venture out in public with cold or flu symptoms :light:

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

BajaMama
Super Nomad

Mood: Got Baja fever!!

[*] posted on 6-30-2021 at 05:43 AM

There were some interesting stats regarding the Delta Variant in L.A.. People who are fully vaccinated are contracting the covid variant in small numbers though are not requiring hospitalization. So L.A. is asking vaccinated people to mask up again since it is yet unknown whether or not fully vaccinated people can transmit covid. Ugh. I am in NorCal and while I really don't want to wear a mask again unless I think I have the flu or a cold I will wear one if I could unknowingly transmit to a person who for medical reasons cannot get vaccinated.
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-30-2021 at 10:59 AM

I wear a mask when I go into a business. I don't mind it so much. I will be happy when this pandemic is over but until then I can live with wearing my mask.
Don Jorge
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-30-2021 at 11:49 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Santiago  
Yesterday (Friday) all the 'kids' pouring and serving were complaining about feeling down, sore arms etc.

We visited last Thursday, still complaining. :lol:

Many I know down there got the Chinese Sinovac vaccine and had complaints about arm soreness too.

Last Thursday was fairly quiet in the valley. We started this 1.5 day trip day crossing early Thursday TIJ and started the day down nostalgia lane at La Fonda for breakfast. Same great view and old school ambience, same less than mediocre food.

Once in the valley did the take the first timers to Cetto's at the place that started the valley wine craze before there was a valley wine craze. Did a flight which included Rosé, 2017 Nebbiolo, and a couple of house blends. My friends bought some Nebbiolo. I thendrove us around the north valley showing them the old, such as Doña Lupes, and the new, Bruma.

FYI, Doña Lupes has ambience but after one visit save it for later, much later. Bruma, that is a different story. Excellent food, nice setting, excellent food. Top 10 valley dining experiences for sure.

Lunched at my niece's husbands place, La Cocina Marcos in Porvenir. Excellent as always with the go to shrimp quesadillas gone to again.

Off to Decantos, again, to share the best view of the valley and enjoy a cigar with a view along with a few copas.

Later we had a supper of rib eye tacos with mixed green salad at Baron Balch'e. As always, a pleasant experience, good food, good service in a nice setting.

The weekends are an absolute zoo in the valley this summer, during the week we have found it very nice and quite relaxing. We like relaxing.

We crossed northbound at Tecate, Friday at 1:00pm. One hour to cross. Could have driven to Sentri in TIJ but there is a clay pot place in Tecate where you can buy huge clay pots for plantings for $5. They cost about $30 CA. Got six of them, again.

Going back again Sunday and Monday with my daughter who is visiting me for a few days. We are going to go see her abuela and her many aunts, uncles and cousins. I know we are going to eat well that trip!

11.jpg - 144kB 12.jpg - 249kB

�And it never failed that during the dry years the people forgot about the rich years, and during the wet years they lost all memory of the dry years. It was always that way.�― John Steinbeck

"All models are wrong, but some are useful." George E.P. Box

"Nature bats last." Doug "Hayduke" Peac-ck
BajaMama
Super Nomad

Mood: Got Baja fever!!

[*] posted on 6-30-2021 at 12:29 PM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
Quote: Originally posted by BajaMama  
...I will wear one if I could unknowingly transmit to a person who for medical reasons cannot get vaccinated.
Actually thinking about others in this mask conversation? :light:

Good on you! From what I have seen in most conversations here and elsewhere, that is not the prevailing priority.

It's been obvious from the get-go of this pandemic that in use by the general public, masks are mostly to protect others, not the wearer. Strange that most folks don't seem to understand that.

:) - the wearing of a mask was always to protect others and yourself; the same with the vaccines. I was appalled at how political it got. I am happy to be vaccinated, happy to visit with my vaccinated friends and to enjoy a little normalcy. I do check entry doors of businesses and if there is not a posted "no mask required for vaccinated people+ sign I wear it. It just isn't a big deal.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 6-30-2021 at 12:41 PM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
...I will wear one if I could unknowingly transmit to a person who for medical reasons cannot get vaccinated.
Actually thinking about others in this mask conversation? :light:

Good on you! From what I have seen in most conversations here and elsewhere, that is not the prevailing priority.

It's been obvious from the get-go of this pandemic that in use by the general public, masks are mostly to protect others, not the wearer. Strange that most folks don't seem to understand that.

:) - the wearing of a mask was always to protect others and yourself; the same with the vaccines. I was appalled at how political it got. I am happy to be vaccinated, happy to visit with my vaccinated friends and to enjoy a little normalcy. I do check entry doors of businesses and if there is not a posted "no mask required for vaccinated people+ sign I wear it. It just isn't a big deal.

Looks like the new delta variant may have us all wearing masks again!

It is so easy to wear a mask in public spaces and in businesses, I don’t know why people get all worked up about it.
It is much more work to wear shoes and clothes in a store or restaurant, but I don’t see many people getting worked up about being required to wear clothing and shoes in stores and restaurants…
The angry anti-mask crowd are illogical and selfish snowflakes!

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 6-30-2021 at 05:59 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Don Jorge  

Bruma, that is a different story. Excellent food, nice setting, excellent food. Top 10 valley dining experiences for sure.

Lunched at my niece's husbands place, La Cocina Marcos in Porvenir. Excellent as always with the go to shrimp quesadillas gone to again.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/bruma-ensenada

https://www.yelp.com/biz/d-marco-guadalupe

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
BajaTed
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-1-2021 at 06:31 AM

It now takes a week in advance for a Deckman's reservation.

The Sonoran rib eye steak for two is a real treat with a bottle of El Mejor.

Es Todo Bueno

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.