Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Border Restrictions Extended Another Month
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 7-23-2021 at 09:28 AM

I was disappointed when I heard that the Cdn border was opening in August at a time when the effects of the latest two variants are just getting legs.

I think the pressure US was putting on Canada may have been part of the deal.....as well as an election looming for this fall. Another example perhaps of political influence over medicine and science.... ?

Who knows? Lots of opinions, I am sure.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/20/opinions/justin-trudeau-joe-biden-covid-19-vaccination-rate-bociurkiw/index.html

[Edited on 7-23-2021 by motoged]

Don't believe everything you think....
sancho
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-23-2021 at 06:19 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Hook  

It was supposed to be that Canada, Mexico and the US were all supposed to have the same restrictions on entering, but Mexico made a mockery of that from the beginning.

That has been my interpretation, not that US citizens could
not return to the US, but not be allowed into Mex as a tourist
with non essential travel, which last I checked is all of us.
Can't imagine the pressure the Cape resorts put on the Mex
Govt. to open up

BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 7-23-2021 at 09:41 PM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  
Quote: Originally posted by del mar  
Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  
Quote: Originally posted by del mar  
well mexico says.......
https://www.borderreport.com/health/coronavirus/baja-califor...

The governor of Baja California says that over 70% of it's citizens have been vaccinated! Anyone believe that? :?:

the official number is 79% in BC

In June the US donated 1.35 million J and J doses to Mexico to be used in the border region cities to bring the vax rate on par with the US border region. They have been distributed and I know the Pfizer vaccine is also available. I don't think there are many anti-vaxxers in Mex. Some probably, but not many. I suspect the people receiving the vaccine are very thankful to the US.

https://www.kpbs.org/news/2021/jun/15/donated-us-vaccines-ar...

I bet the border restrictions would have been lifted yesterday if the virus hadn't mutated into the delta variant.

"In a move that has angered Juárez business leaders, the Mexican government took 1.35 million vaccines donated by the U.S. for use in border cities and sent them all to the state of Baja California."

https://www.elpasotimes.com/story/news/2021/06/29/mexico-sen...

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-31-2021 at 10:36 AM

Quote: Originally posted by JDCanuck  
What that article from CNN fails to mention is the exceptional leadership shown by both elected government from all sides and Bonnie Henry as they resisted demands and even death threats from a panicked populace to institute far more restrictive lock downs than were actually put in place. Having an experienced highly trained Health Professional take leadership here in BC led to extremely high levels of trust as she repeatedly told us to not panic, be kind and be supportive.
I think she deserves a medal for her exceptional leadership.

Unfortunately, Dr. Henry is only a provincial health officer - not a Canada Health Minister. Recent developments in other provinces show quite a substantial level of incompetence.
Alberta are removing all restrictions - you don't need wear a mask in public indoor spaces and on transit, and don't need to self-isolate when infected.
Saskatchewan did (almost) the same - you no longer need to self-isolate when infected, provided you are fully vaccinated and don't have symptoms.
US 41
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-27-2021 at 07:27 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Baja Vicki M  
I live in Mexico. In Rosarito. For 2 years. I have been crossing the border 2-3 times a month, continuously since I moved here. They post Border restrictions to discourage the spread of COVID-19, But Mexico will NEVER discourage Tourism. Never. I have never been asked for a COVID card. I have never been asked for anything at all going into Mexico. Not even my passport. Or my Visa. I just drive right in. USA fiddles around with everyone, but I use my NYS enhanced license, and all I get is: "What is your purpose of travel?" I always say "Doctor's Appointment", then I get "Have a nice day M'am"

I just read an article a few days ago where president AMLO said that Mexico will not be doing vaccine passports and that entry requirements for visitors will remain the same. He still has over three years left in his term, so I seriously doubt Americans will ever be barred from entering Mexico.

I'm planning on going this winter but am still undecided on whether I want to drive to Baja or to Teotihuacan. If I go to Baja I'll have to put in a leave of absence due to the length of the trip while Teotihuacan is easily doable by just taking paid vacation.

[Edited on 8-27-2021 by US 41]
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.