Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Castle in Trakai, Lithuania
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-7-2021 at 01:12 PM
Castle in Trakai, Lithuania

We decided to take a 2 day trip to Lithuania since it is so close to Poland. Today we went to Trakai and saw it's castle, which is medieval. The castle itself is in an exquisite setting - an island!

That is Les inside in front of the exit.

The castle - compared to others we have seen - is not the most incredible but the museum inside is one of the most comprehensive collections I have seen. Here are some of the highlights.

Info on ivory carving

Pipes

Umbrellas

Porcelain and glass of all colors.

Asian influence

French

German

Info on beading.

beaded bags

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-7-2021 at 01:19 PM

The town of Trakai is small and very cute. We saw busloads of people, German, French and Spanish (Spain). I cannot imagine what it is like during a normal tourist season.

Here are some of the photos:

And the castle itself.

Come visit La Bocana

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
BigBearRider
Super Nomad

Mood: :)

[*] posted on 9-7-2021 at 07:16 PM

Матрёшки и янтарь!
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-7-2021 at 09:14 PM

I don't know how to put up the Cyrillic alphabet, but I did 3 years of Russian in college! Such a pretty language. Menus and signs here is in English, Polish, Russian and Lithuanian.

Les is enjoying being able to speak Polish everywhere - makes life a bit easier.

Come visit La Bocana

BigBearRider
Super Nomad

Mood: :)

[*] posted on 9-8-2021 at 07:45 AM

Such pretty fotos. :). I don’t know how to say nesting dolls in Polish, but remember that amber is “burshtyn” (spelling?). In Lithuanian, I have no idea.
Paco Facullo
Super Nomad

Mood: Abiding ..........

[*] posted on 9-8-2021 at 07:53 AM

Beautiful and interesting photos, thanks for shearing.

So happy the you two are out enjoying yourself's.....

Now, carry-on !!!

Since I've given up all hope, I feel much better
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-8-2021 at 08:28 AM

I think we are the only two humans in Lithuania wearing masks. I am a fanatic about constantly washing hands, wearing a mask and keeping a distance.

We leave tomorrow. I really enjoyed this city.

Overall I can say that the kids dress really fancy, not too many poor walking around and I saw zero homeless except for one lady who asked for hot water at a restaurant...she was living on the street, the modern buildings are so avant-guard and really spectacular, every store has imported goods from all the surrounding countries - Georgia, Belarus, cheddar cheese from England and Turkish delight. Not too expensive at all. Many old, very old buildings that are gorgeous and others that are simply abandoned. No trash on the streets. Some graffitti but not overwhelming like Athens was (holy moly, it was aw ful there.)

Back to Poland tomorrow!

Come visit La Bocana

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.