Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Space station fly over
BajaVida
Senior Nomad

Mood: muy cool

[*] posted on 4-2-2005 at 02:46 PM
Space station fly over

a few years ago someone on the Amigos site had information about the time that the space station was to go directly over Bahia--it was spectacular

we will be there from 4/8-4/15 and spending the night in the Catavina desert on 4/16

anyone have information they can share?

No se apure y dure.

Don\'t hurry and you\'ll last longer.
RandyMacSC/SO
Special Correspondent

[*] posted on 4-2-2005 at 03:21 PM
If I remember right, it might be tied into Starry Night Pro...

http://www.starrynight.com/

Great program. Met the real brigt idea man who came up with tis true gemstone of a useful tool, as he dropped it by our booth for me, a long time ago at a macWorld trade show, so I brought over our products to him and his staff, and then I went out and bought a Meade telescope and it is a nice diversion, and oh how many people would drop by my place in the Baja to star gaze using Starry Night as a reference tool on my ibook iMac.

Lots of smart discussions during these wonder filled evenings at El Requeson and San Carlos, and Los Cerritos km 67.

If I remeber the space station was trackable in time in software, as it was included, and if not then, I'm sure it is now. SO maybe you can check it out, as Starry Night is free at v 5.0 to try out for a while.

Here are some of the features and benefits list from the Starry Night web site.

Now you can get Starry Night's award-winning, brilliantly realistic astronomy software quickly and easily!

With a click of your mouse, you can conveniently download the Starry Night Digital Download Core application and:

Immediately view all the stars visible to the naked eye from anywhere on Earth Blast off and visit stars, asteroids, or other planets up to 20,000 light years away.

Receive monthly updates of what?s new in the sky each week via the NEW! SkyGuide

Fly around the universe using the NEW! joystick-supported spaceship mode

Print star charts
Watch the phases of the moon and see what the stars looked like on the day you were born.

Create your own movies and export images
Click on LiveSky? to connect to astronomy resources and real-time object information on the Internet.

Starry Night Features:

- Internet downloadable, includes detailed electronic User's Manual

- NEW! SkyGuide pane includes weekly sky events, daily headline news and tips for Your First Night Out

- NEW! SkyCalendar full of upcoming astronomical events

- 10,000 stars from magnitude -2 to 7 from the Hipparcos-Tycho database

- Earth database of 8,000 locations and ability to add your own

Hope this helps cause if u download you;ll be sure to enjoy a starry filled night in Baja, to learn and wonder.

Now that makes me wonder, where is Sirius in relation to Todos Santos or Los Cerritos?

RandyMac

==============================================
Ole' Irish saying (Gaelic): 'Go neirigh an bothar leat, go mbeidh an gaoth choiche sa droim agat, is go mbeidh tu thuas ar neamh leath-uair roimh is eol don diabhal go bhuil tu marbh'.... OR 'May the road rise up to meet you, May the wind always be at your back, and May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead'

elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-2-2005 at 03:49 PM

http://www.heavens-above.com/

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

BajaVida
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-2-2005 at 06:38 PM
Randy Mac has un chingo de stars next to his name

another definition to go along with my Chingo post

No se apure y dure.

Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 4-2-2005 at 06:46 PM

try the NASA web site

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

BornFisher
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-2-2005 at 07:00 PM

Hola Ricardo---- You asked the right question!!! Here is my custon link from Heavens above, for the bay---

http://www.heavens-above.com/main.asp?Lat=28.55&Lng=-113.30&...

If you click the ISS icon for the next 10 days, you will get a schedule-- looks like some flyovers in the AM. The night ones are cool because you have an excuse for a Space Station party with drinking and rockets!!! Once at the bay, the Space Shuttle flew by in the AM on it`s way to Edwards. Quite a sight and sound!!
Hey have a great time down there--- If I don`t see you, I`ll be looking for your report!!
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 4-2-2005 at 07:01 PM

about a little after 5 am Pac. daylight time in catavina.

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

BajaVida
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-2-2005 at 07:44 PM
thanks for the info

Sr. Fisher, who told you about the last flyover we witnessed?

It was about 4:45 am and someone in my party suggested we have a beer--he made me have one

but it was fun, we saw lots of other sats, but the space station was very big

are you in Bahia yet?

come by and have a beer north of La Gringa from 4/8-4/14 (leaving late morning_

No se apure y dure.

wornout
Senior Nomad

Mood: No Bad Days

[*] posted on 4-2-2005 at 08:05 PM

Glad I watched it last week here in San Felipe, it went over at 6:50 pm one night and 6:15 the two days later. That's PM, not AM. The www.heavens-above.com is the hot website and it will have the shuttle routes too whenever it launches.

[Edited on 4-3-2005 by wornout]

This Space Available, E-Mail Me If Interested.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.