Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Cortez accommodations between Puertecitos and Laguna Chapala
boe4fun
Super Nomad

Mood: Circling the drain........

[*] posted on 10-31-2021 at 06:54 PM
Cortez accommodations between Puertecitos and Laguna Chapala

Thinking of driving down the 5 in two cars to Bahía Asunción with my daughter’s family. My son in law wants to do it in one day, but I’m way too old for that. Stayed at Alphonsina’s once, was not for me. I’ve heard that there are other accommodations in that general area. Any suggestions appreciated.

Two dirt roads diverged in Baja and I, I took the one less graveled by......

Soy ignorante, apático y ambivalente. No lo sé y no me importa, ni modo.
bajajoaquin
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-31-2021 at 07:25 PM

Why was Alfonsinas not for you?
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 10-31-2021 at 09:10 PM

Punta Bufeo has a few motel rooms that look cozy. About 5 miles before Gonzaga Bay. La Poma has fancy tent rooms and a restaurant, it is just before Punta Bufeo.

See my Gonzaga area map with the kilometer markers or the new Benchmark Atlas.

South of the Gonzaga gas station is the sign for El Sacrificio. It has sportsman's cabins and a cantina for meals.

Km. 135.5:

[Edited on 11-1-2021 by David K]

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Rossman
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-1-2021 at 05:18 AM

I agree with you Paul about Alfoncinas but the other options in the in the area are pretty rustic. I've heard of some folks turning north on Mex 1 at Chapala and going to Catavenia for lodging. A backtrack but not too far on good roads but in truth, If you make it to Gonzaga, you are only 3 to 3.5 hours from Guerrero Negro where you have lots of options.
boe4fun
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-1-2021 at 10:58 AM

Thanks to David and Ross for the information.
Bajajoaquin, only stayed there once. I think the hotel is way overpriced. When we checked in they said we didn’t have a reservation (which I had made online). At first they said the couldn’t accommodate us, but after having a meal in their restaurant they magically “found” an available room. The room was OK and was clean, but the AC couldn’t be turned on until their generator came online that night, so the room stayed quite warm with the less than adequate AC unit. The most annoying thing was that there were NO electrical outlets in the room so I couldn’t use my CPAP machine and ended up sleeping in my camper shell in order to run my CPAP off of my auxiliary battery bank. So, in short, I will not be staying there again.

AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 11-1-2021 at 11:28 AM

If there was a lamp, or light fixture using standard light bulbs, you could screw in a converter to power your CPAP. I don't use one, but the machines I have seen had basic two prong plugs, and probably wouldn't overload the circuit.

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
boe4fun
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-1-2021 at 12:32 PM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  
If there was a lamp, or light fixture using standard light bulbs, you could screw in a converter to power your CPAP. I don't use one, but the machines I have seen had basic two prong plugs, and probably wouldn't overload the circuit.

The room did have lights, but I hadn’t planned on this problem, so I lacked the appropriate equipment.

AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 11-1-2021 at 02:02 PM

Quote: Originally posted by boe4fun  

The room did have lights, but I hadn’t planned on this problem, so I lacked the appropriate equipment.

I wouldn't have had one either! Thank you for bringing this topic up, I will now add one or two socket to plug converters to my travel kit. I would be rather annoyed if I paid for a room, and couldn't even plug in a charging unit, or small electrical device.

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
advrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-1-2021 at 04:50 PM

We stop for a drink or a taco but don't stay anymore either. Prices have gone up way to much for what you get. The location is amazing but not enough to pay for a room.
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-1-2021 at 05:36 PM

Quote: Originally posted by advrider  
We stop for a drink or a taco but don't stay anymore either. Prices have gone up way to much for what you get. The location is amazing but not enough to pay for a room.

could be worse Antonio could still be there :rolleyes:
Glidergeek
Nomad

Mood: Moody

[*] posted on 11-2-2021 at 08:18 AM

I had to the same thing years ago with an adapter into the light socket but they shut off the generators late night.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.