BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: BORDER WAITS!!!! CBP AND GOVT DISFUNCTION!!!
JDCanuck
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-25-2022 at 02:59 PM

We have friends who run a dairy farm in Michigan and over 1/3 of their workers are illegal as they simply can't find locals to work on their farm, even with a decent wage and housing supplied. They run the risk of being shut down and face huge fines under this situation. So much easier for everyone involved if the government just encouraged and made it easier for them to sponsor them legally.

If Mexico can approve temporary residency in a day, surely the US can shorten their present green card system which took our daughter, married to her American husband for 9 years with children 6 and 8 a full year and more. She is a highly skilled research chemist in high demand and sponsored and now employed by her previous international employer, what was the problem?

[Edited on 10-25-2022 by JDCanuck]

A century later and it's still just as applicable: Desiderata: http://mwkworks.com/desiderata.html
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-25-2022 at 05:08 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JDCanuck  
We have friends who run a dairy farm in Michigan and over 1/3 of their workers are illegal as they simply can't find locals to work on their farm, even with a decent wage and housing supplied. They run the risk of being shut down and face huge fines under this situation. So much easier for everyone involved if the government just encouraged and made it easier for them to sponsor them legally.

If Mexico can approve temporary residency in a day, surely the US can shorten their present green card system which took our daughter, married to her American husband for 9 years with children 6 and 8 a full year and more. She is a highly skilled research chemist in high demand and sponsored and now employed by her previous international employer, what was the problem?

JD,

If you have followed the US immigration issue for the last 40 years, you would realize that Congress is the reason nothing gets done. No president makes laws, Congress does. He can propose anything he wants, and unless Congress enacts laws, nothing takes place.

What do we do? Stamp our little feet and invade the Capitol? Dumb and ineffective.

Both sides need to play together and they don't. We've done nothing over many Republican and Democratic administrations. One step forward, two steps back. I can't see any progress in the next two years even if the Republicans take the House, they have no plans at all.

What will they do to curb inflation? Gas prices? How about support for Ukraine? The looming recession due to drastic interest rate hikes? Can you tell me any plans they have to guide our country?

Personally, I think the Fed's interest rate hikes were premature and excessive. We'll see. I don't think they address the real problem.

We are still suffering aftershocks of Covid, still affecting supply chains, and now the Russian war. It's supply issues, not too much money floating around.

Post WW2, we had several years of consumer supply shortages and inflation. Once industry shifted to post war production, it all boomed.

This too shall pass, as they say.

John

[Edited on 10-26-2022 by John Harper]
JDCanuck
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-25-2022 at 05:30 PM

John: Yeah, I figured that. This is not a Presidential issue, but a legislative issue. The people who benefit financially by the illegal immigration as opposed to legal immigration hold a lot of sway and will likely oppose any changes. I would guess the major beneficiaries are the large agriculture farms, meatpackers, etc. followed by those that hire a lot of handiman or housekeeping type employees. They are the influencers out there with the most to lose.

A century later and it's still just as applicable: Desiderata: http://mwkworks.com/desiderata.html
RFClark
Super Nomad

Mood: Looking forward to 2024

[*] posted on 10-25-2022 at 05:36 PM

Guys,

The only politician to actually do something to reduce illegal immigration was practically tarred, feathered and run out of town. All the rest just talked and did nothing!

Now that people can see that it can be done they want it to continue being done. It will be a big issue in the next 2 elections.
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-25-2022 at 06:33 PM

Who deported the most? The Kenyan Marxist, Hussein Obama!

https://www.cato.org/blog/deportation-rates-historical-persp...

TFG is a childlike figure in comparison. Par for the course.

John

RFClark
Super Nomad

Mood: Looking forward to 2024

[*] posted on 10-25-2022 at 08:05 PM

John,

Funny that I identified the accomplishments not the politician but you seem to know who it was! I try to pay people based on what they do not who they are. I mow most of my own weeds as well. My wife and I also clean. It saves paying to go to a gym.
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.