Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Reportan Asaltos En Zona Sur De Rosarito
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-14-2021 at 07:23 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

ATACAN A BALAZOS A HOMBRES SOBRE CARRETERA A SAN FELIPE
https://elcrimen.com.mx/atacan-a-balazos-a-hombres-sobre-car...

KM 43 on Hwy 5, between mexicali and san felipe, about 7 PM (more proof you should not drive at night)

You don't go to Baja, at least not anymore since you moved to Arizona. So, why do you post on the board?

Just to insult everyone and/or scare them from going to Baja?

I ask this, as these are the only types of threads you ever start. Never a trip report, never a positive story about a memory from the past. Not even a single photo.

Such a weird bird you are.

[Edited on 12-15-2021 by JZ]

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-14-2021 at 09:00 PM

Did incident really happen at ''6:30 in the afternoon''?

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 12-14-2021 at 09:34 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  
Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

ATACAN A BALAZOS A HOMBRES SOBRE CARRETERA A SAN FELIPE
https://elcrimen.com.mx/atacan-a-balazos-a-hombres-sobre-car...

KM 43 on Hwy 5, between mexicali and san felipe, about 7 PM (more proof you should not drive at night)

You don't go to Baja, at least not anymore since you moved to Arizona. So, why do you post on the board?

Just to insult everyone and/or scare them from going to Baja?

I ask this, as these are the only types of threads you ever start. Never a trip report, never a positive story about a memory from the past. Not even a single photo.

Such a weird bird you are.

[Edited on 12-15-2021 by JZ]

:lol::lol::lol:

shorty birdbrain:
i live in san diego (not arizona).
i was in baja last month, will be there again in january.

and i can see baja from my house :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

hombre66
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-14-2021 at 10:33 PM

Goat, JZ ....why don't you fellas start a new forum for teen Baja enthusiasts? Judging by the "name calling" and sniping, I am assuming you guys are like..under 18 years old?
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 12-15-2021 at 06:23 AM

HAAA when it comes to JZ and the marooon in SD. Leave JZ out of like 18 years old . Yes marooon in SD just a silly wanna be.:bounce:
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 12-16-2021 at 08:32 AM

Baja crime has not yet reached the level seen on mainland... but since things are getting worse, perhaps just a matter of time??

The article is from last year, but has some relevant comments on highway robbery....

Quote:
‘After a 20-year relationship, I’m giving up on Mexico’

After property invasions, cartel impunity, criminal banks and incompetence at the top it's time to go

Mexico has turned over entire states to the cartel. If I told someone that I could not drive from Texas to Mississippi because Louisiana had been taken over by criminals, they would look at me as if I had two heads. Never would the U.S. allow criminals to take over a highway much less an entire state. If a cartel attempted to set up a roadblock on a highway in the U.S., a SWAT team of snipers would kill them all within an hour.

https://mexiconewsdaily.com/opinion/after-a-20-year-relation...

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

100X
Nomad

Mood: Thankful

[*] posted on 12-16-2021 at 08:49 AM

From my view, Baja crime was worst about 15 or so years ago. Seems to have gotten better since.

A life of fears leads to a death bed of regrets.

Find someone who will take care of you, and take care of them.
Don Pisto
Super Nomad

Mood: weary like everyone else

[*] posted on 12-16-2021 at 10:58 AM

Quote: Originally posted by 100X  
From my view, Baja crime was worst about 15 or so years ago. Seems to have gotten better since.

I can only address whats going on in the Tijuana-Ensenada corridor, the area that the original post is about and yeah I get that most Nomads don't give a ratsazz its just a place they have to drive thru to get to their little chunk of paradise. true 15 years ago it was worse we all remember the bodies hanging off the overpasses, cartels attacking and killing entire police departments, but I don't recall so much crime against tourists and citizens likes whats going on now! I only read mexico news sources and it seems like these crimes are sure on the upswing, I know I try not to be out after the street lights come on, but thats just me:(

there's only two things in life but I forget what they are........
John Hiatt
100X
Nomad

Mood: Thankful

[*] posted on 12-16-2021 at 12:20 PM

I like those areas too!

I actually was thinking about Ensenada, Valle Trinidad and the Compadre Trail. I personally know people who had very serious incidents in those areas in that time frame. And yes I also remember the incidents you refer to as well as the assassination of a presidential candidate.

There were also persons killed just north of San Quintin and I also recall a guy and his rig that disappeared from the Bay of Conception on his way north after the 1000, although I do not know if that was foul play or not, and another friend of mine from high school disappeared in Los Barriles.

Was going to raise my kids as much as I could in Baja (they both had their first Thanksgivings down here) until everything seemed to get out of hand. Other than Christmas at Gonzaga Bay, for the most part, we stopped regularly coming down until more recently. It really feels better to me now, although I would no longer drive at night.

Actually, Los Barriles incident was in the 90's.

[Edited on 12-16-2021 by 100X]

A life of fears leads to a death bed of regrets.

Find someone who will take care of you, and take care of them.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.