BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: App For Navigation Through Mexicali?
BajaMama
Super Nomad

Mood: Got Baja fever!!

[*] posted on 1-9-2022 at 10:54 AM

Discover Baja has directions to Mexicali East SENTRI lane that you can print.
https://www.discoverbaja.com/go/driving-directions/mexicali-...
PaulW
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-10-2022 at 10:46 AM
Discover Baja route to east crossing

A mix of the old way past Costco and the latest way to the border from the east. The main issue is that route is for the standard lane and to enter sentri or ready one would have to drive west and make a U turn to get in line for a left turn into those lanes. It would be workable but because if the long line one has to driv pretty far to the U turn.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 1-10-2022 at 11:52 AM

so, on a typical day, is mexicali east or west fastest for northbound regular (or ready) lane when towing trailer?

[Edited on 1-10-2022 by mtgoat666]

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

PaulW
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-10-2022 at 12:33 PM

Going North
After my west experience and standard I have not been back. To risky for me to try until I get better info for standard.

East Sentri seldom has significant lines. Ready sometimes has big lines, but sure moves good. Standard works ok, and I usually take a hour to cross.

As always timing is very important. The BP web site seems to be OK for choosing the time to cross.
chatolj
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-10-2022 at 05:53 PM
Mexicali West Regular Lanes

This web page says you can approach the Mexicali regular lanes from either west or east. Is that true? Which is fastest?

We crossed yesterday and yes it is true. We got into the West side line which uses the circle bridge and the line was not moving much. The vendors told us minimum 1.5 hour wait there but less than 1/2 hour at the East Side line. So we got out of that line and went to the East side line.
Made it to the US inspection booth in 35 minutes.
35 Minutes on a Sunday afternoon.
West side looked to have one lane, East side line was feeding 4 lanes.
Also, the line was very orderly with no cutting / maneuvering.
That was my experience yesterday. Who knows next time. LOL
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.