BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4
Author: Subject: What is up with driving on the beach?
gonetobaja
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-19-2022 at 11:39 AM

After 20 years of having my place on the beach I finally had to put up signs and a rock wall. It sucked cause I didnt want to see that stuff either. The problem for me was that visitors that want to enjoy the beach also want to use it as a trash can, a bathroom, and an off road track, and even worse use my property as an access road for vehicles to get there. I always wondered why someone would just stomp on the law because they think that they are above it. After all of these years Im gettin tired of the

" Its Mexico bro, you need to chill out, people like you are ruining paradise "

Then when the weekend is over they leave and go back to wherever they are from and forget about all the trash, urine and destruction they left behind. People complain about the "greedy homeowners" who have invested their life savings into a home and want to live in peace, but the people who complain rarely have an investment in the community they seek to take advantage of and trash. Now I put a rock wall around my property so people cant drive through and they have to walk to get to the beach, and they get bent out of shape.

Entitled Visitor opinion

" I used to be able to drive my truck on the beach and where ever I wanted now people are blocking it off and putting up gates and its destroying what baja once was, I used to be able to drive anywhere now people are so up tight...I mean c'mon bro its Mexico..."
'
Resident Opinion.

" I would have never put up that wall and gate, but if I dont there are people with ZERO respect for the law and they think its their right to use my property for their vacation, so due to lack of enforcement and lack of respect by visitors I was forced to. "

To every person who thinks that homeowners and ranchers and property owners are jerks for putting up gates and blocking access......PEOPLE LIKE YOU ARE THE REASON THEY DID IT. And its gonna get more locked down as time passes.

[Edited on 4-19-2022 by gonetobaja]
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 4-19-2022 at 02:38 PM

There is nothing wrong with wall around your property .What is the big deal?
gonetobaja
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-24-2022 at 01:12 PM

Not really a big deal now, but I was against having to put up a rock barrier on my property. But over time you are eventually forced to, otherwise people will assume the No Trespassing signs in both languages dont apply to them. Id rather work on building myself a palapa or try catch a halibut.
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 4-25-2022 at 08:37 AM

For me I build a fence or wall around every property before I build. As I very busy doing just what I want to do. Have no time to yak to people selling what ever they have. Or what ever always great day enjoy
bajaric
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-25-2022 at 11:58 AM

Did you drop out of school in the third grade, idiot?

He was talking about restricting beach access for driving on the beach.
David K
Honored Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 4-25-2022 at 01:14 PM

Who are you asking, Ric? There is more than one "idiot" here, some might say!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Pages:  1  2    4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.