Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Polaris Mexico
G-Man
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-14-2022 at 08:57 AM
Polaris Mexico

Is anyone able to supply Polaris Mexico (not USA) contact information for corporate support in dealing with their Mexico franchise dealerships?

And or contact information for Polaris Baja Mexicali executives/upper management?
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 5-14-2022 at 09:10 AM

Does this help? https://www.polarisbaja.com/

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

G-Man
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-14-2022 at 05:05 PM

Not really. I’m hoping to get in contact with someone from Polaris Mexico Industries vs the basic Sales Managers of the Polaris Baja Dealerships.

[Edited on 5-15-2022 by G-Man]
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 5-14-2022 at 05:22 PM

Hmmm. then there is this, but not management contacts I could find: https://www.polarismexico.com/

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

G-Man
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-14-2022 at 06:24 PM

Thanks! I have already sent an email to that email address.

Yes. I am trying to work my way up the chain toward resolution.

Long story short’ish…

I ordered a 2022 RZR with a January contract at a set price (IVA & all), provided a non-refundable deposit & paid in full for ordered accessories (IVA, install & all), and the unit just arrived this last week.

Now they are telling me my total unit price has increased +$50,000 pesos because of a 04/30/2022 Polaris price increase. The dealership tells me my RZR was built 04/14/2022 but not delivered to the dealership until after 04/30/2022 and supposedly incurred the 04/30/2022 price increase.

My signed legal contract does not state “The RZR order price is subject to price increases”_ PROFECO agrees.

Ultimately, I think, the dealership figures, if I don’t simply pay their request for the +$50,000 pesos, they will simply & easily sell it immediately to someone else for more.

Unfortunately, the dealership simply continues to only have the salesperson communicate with me.

[Edited on 5-15-2022 by G-Man]
G-Man
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-15-2022 at 06:49 AM

The dealership is already offering to refund 100% of my money… as they are indeed in violation of our contract terms.

Unfortunately, this does not rectify me obtaining my RZR order of 5+ months at the appropriate contracted price_ now.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 5-15-2022 at 07:46 AM

Quote: Originally posted by G-Man  
The dealership is already offering to refund 100% of my money… as they are indeed in violation of our contract terms.

Unfortunately, this does not rectify me obtaining my RZR order of 5+ months at the appropriate contracted price_ now.

Well, you got your money back.
If you look around, you should be able to find a unit in stock and skip wait

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 5-15-2022 at 08:53 AM

I agree that they should honor the contract, they would surely have kept your deposit if you did not follow through with your obligation.

Looking around to find a comparable deal doesn't look like a reasonable possibility right now, and waiting any longer would suck, so have you made a counter offer? 50.000 pesos over the agreed price is a huge mark-up! Maybe start with 10,000 pesos over the agreed price?

[Edited on 5-15-2022 by AKgringo]

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
Don Pisto
Super Nomad

Mood: weary like everyone else

[*] posted on 5-15-2022 at 09:36 AM

um...get your money back and get in line for one of Robby's units?

there's only two things in life but I forget what they are........
John Hiatt
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-15-2022 at 09:48 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Don Pisto  
um...get your money back and get in line for one of Robby's units?

No way. Who knows if that thing will succeed. Way too much risk.

A contract is a contract, they need to perform.

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 5-15-2022 at 12:49 PM

get in line for one of robbys units good joke. Getting back to Polaris most all dealers . Are cheats take contract to Abogado see if enforceable .
G-Man
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-15-2022 at 02:04 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

Well, you got your money back.
If you look around, you should be able to find a unit in stock and skip wait

Not quite the point…

I have already ordered & waited, now my RZR is here, and my choices are pay $50,000 pesos more or receive a refund?? Hmmm, sounds good to you?
G-Man
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-15-2022 at 02:12 PM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  

Interesting situation. There is the possibility that the dealership, through no fault of their own, had to pay the higher price for the product and will now have to eat the difference if they honor your original arrangement.

What's "fair" here? No idea. If you want to push the issue I'd go for cultivating the PROFECO folks; I don't know how much enforcement power they have but maybe the prospect of a hefty fine would impact the attitude of the agency (I assume for them it's a simple monetary business calculation).

But a question is, even if you do manage to "get the better of them" and make them eat a price increase, would you really want to take delivery of machinery from a seller who resents you?
:(

Hmmm… wow… I didn’t realize my post indicated that I was trying to get the better of them?

And, besides the dealership telling me my RZR was built 04/14/2022 (before the 04/30/2022 factory price increase), I have requested specific VIN# history of dates for my RZR order… factory order acceptance date, build date, release date, shipping date, etc… and they have been unable and or unwilling to provide this history so that we can confirm this supposed 04/30/2022 factory price increase is even actually incurred on my RZR.

But, I guess, maybe I’m totally off base here & should just simply pay everyone more $$ every time anyone asks & without questions and or confirmations??

Thank, but no thanks!
G-Man
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-15-2022 at 02:20 PM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  
I agree that they should honor the contract, they would surely have kept your deposit if you did not follow through with your obligation.

Looking around to find a comparable deal doesn't look like a reasonable possibility right now, and waiting any longer would suck, so have you made a counter offer? 50.000 pesos over the agreed price is a huge mark-up! Maybe start with 10,000 pesos over the agreed price?

[Edited on 5-15-2022 by AKgringo]

We all know they would most definitely keep my deposit if I violated my end of the contract_ without a doubt. And I am most positive they would not refund me any money if for some crazy reason the factory somehow lowered the cost of RZRs. And PROFECO has confirmed they are indeed in violation our contract, etc_ but, it seems, PROFECO a is more of just a possible persuasive communicator then an actual legal enforcement agency.

I have, on more then one communication, offered to explore more of a ‘win win’ resolution… of possibly having the dealership & I split the supposed incurred factory price increase 50%/50%… if & when specific documentation is actually provided confirming my RZR VIN# did indeed qualify in accordance with the 04/30/2022 Polaris Factory Increase.
G-Man
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-15-2022 at 02:24 PM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  
...so have you made a counter offer? 50.000 pesos over the agreed price is a huge mark-up! Maybe start with 10,000 pesos over the agreed price?

Good idea! If they aren't intentionally trying to cheat you, This could turn into a win-win. :D

Como dice Cantinflas, "...hablando se entiende la gente."

I agree… and am trying.
Unfortunately, the dealership management will not communicate with me directly_ only through the salesperson.

Ultimately, I think, they know now that my ordered RZR is finally at their dealership_ If they can get me to pay $50,000 pesos more ok… If not, they can easily sell it to others for an increased markup & profit margin.
G-Man
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-15-2022 at 02:32 PM

A special thank you to those that provided email addresses, etc to possible Polaris contacts. And especially for the direct message to me with the contact info of General Manager of the dealership.

Take care!
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-15-2022 at 03:20 PM

I would spring at the full refund. I would also consider further business with these fellows unsavory.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.