Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Renewed restrictions in La Paz
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-15-2022 at 08:25 PM

Hey Senior Nomads Big Announcement, Bars will close at 3AM in La Paz!

Don't push your luck buddy!

After 3AM move to a private party!

surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-15-2022 at 09:13 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  
Quote: Originally posted by caj13  

Lock downs had crushing emotional and financial impacts on people and did very little to stop the spread.

wrong again - where do you get these Uh - "alternate facts" do you bjust make this crap up - or are you parotting some right wing MAGA facebook pge?

Do you actually think it was good for ppl's mental well being to be locked down for two years.

There have an a litany of studies from left leaning organizations on how harmful it was on kids' development.

No one was " locked down for 2 years". Name one place where that was the case.

The pandemic was hard on everyone's mental health. And I can assure you it was a lot harder on the mental health of the children whose parents died of Covid, or the families of those who died or spent weeks in the hospital than it was on those who had to restrict their movements and wear masks once in awhile.

While I was waiting for my Pfizer vax at the regional hospital the other day, there was a young woman, her young daughter, who looked to be about 4 years old, and what I assumed was the woman's teenaged brother ahead of me in the line-up. Middle class Mexicans. The teenager was the one who was getting vaxed, I guess she just brought him there because he was too young to drive.

All of them were masked, as was everyone else. We were waiting in line outside for an hour and a half, and it took another 45 minutes once we were let in the door. A long time to wait for a 4 year old.

That little girl had her mask, which fit her really well, on the whole time, she was super well-behaved and acted like any normal 4 year old, skipping around when we were outside, playing song and hand games with her mom and teenaged uncle, laughing and happy. That little girl was obviously quite accustomed to wearing her mask and certainly did not appear to be suffering from any mental health or developmental issues.

My youngest granddaughter was born in October 2019. Most of her life so far was spent during lockdowns, and masking requirements. My daughter had her "bubbles" of friends and neighbors, as did pretty much everyone- the child wasn't suffering from social isolation and she is most certainly not developmentally delayed. And I would suggest that any study that claims that children suffered from mental health or developmental issues due to the pandemic measures is a useless study if it doesn't also examine the behavior of the parents. Parents who made sure their kids got lots of fresh air and exercise, played with and stimulated their children- I'd be willing to bet their kids didn't suffer because of pandemic measures.

Using your false concern for children's mental health as an excuse to keep acting like Covid was some overblown hoax is disgusting.

[Edited on 6-16-2022 by surabi]

JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-15-2022 at 10:24 PM

Studies say millions of kids were negatively impacted and set back years, but you don't care because your 2 yo wasn't impacted. That's mighty caring of you.

Next tell us how little you care about all the small businesses that were crushed.

[Edited on 6-16-2022 by JZ]

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-15-2022 at 10:41 PM

Studies say millions of kids were negatively impacted and set back years.

Bullchit. Link to those studies?

How can anyone accurately predict how any individual child would have developed had things been normal?

I'm sure there were plenty of kids who suffered because the only time they get stimulated is at school. Their parents are losers who sat on the computer or watching TV all day, were annoyed at having the kids at home all day, and didn't take daily outings with their kids, read to them, do schoolwork with them or make any effort at all to go out of their way to make sure their kids were getting attention, stimulation and learning.

To say I don't care about othe kids because my granddaughter is fine is just more of your bs. I happen to have 6 grandkids and know plenty of people with children, and not one of those kids was "set back years" because of Covid restrictions. I care about kids, but I can't do anything about their lazy, loser parents.

surfhat
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-16-2022 at 07:47 AM

Thank you surabi. A true voice of reason.

Parenting, parenting, parenting. More like the lack there of.

I see it everyday. My parents parented. Of course they came from the Greatest Generation and in many ways it was. Others not so much. haha Now back to your regularly scheduled program.

What a shame parents have needed to actually parent their kids through the pandemic.

That need will not end whether the pandemic ends or not. It will not. it will continue to do what virus' do. Constant change.

Oh well. I have learned not to appeal to some here for reason.
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-16-2022 at 08:13 AM

Quote: Originally posted by surfhat  

I see it everyday. My parents parented. Of course they came from the Greatest Generation and in many ways it was. Others not so much. haha Now back to your regularly scheduled program.

What a shame parents have needed to actually parent their kids through the pandemic.

That need will not end whether the pandemic ends or not. It will not. it will continue to do what virus' do. Constant change.

You are letting your privilege show. Do you think all kids come from homes with two parents? What about minority communities? Do you not think parents have to work to put food on the table?

She also has zero compassion for mothers who can't find baby formula. Telling them to suck it up and breast feed with no concern if they have already stopped, can't breast feed, and/or it is very difficult because the moms have to work.

What I'm seeing is a, "It doesn't affect me, so deal with it" attitude.

I'm still waiting to see if there is any compassion for the millions of ppl and families who were ruined financially because of lockdowns. Whose businesses were permanently closed (while big box chains gained market share).

How about the huge hit in ppl's retirement savings 401Ks from the issues that lockdowns created. Or is that again a case of, it didn't impact me so I don't give a rats azz?

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 6-16-2022 at 08:48 AM
Not in Baja, but....

Here in Nevada county CA, the local hospital is having problems. Not because of they are being overwhelmed by patients (there is a moderate increase in cases) but the most recent virus strain has no respect for masks and vaccines. A large number of the hospital staff have tested positive, and are in quarantine!

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 6-16-2022 at 09:56 AM

Anthony Fauci has Covid now and that proves without a doubt that multiple shots and boosters (and masks) do not prevent it! Unless the good doctor didn't practice what he preached? Photos of him maskless at events he recently attended seem to point in that direction?

Of course, you can't stop a virus from making you sick but the vaccine should reduce the degree of illness and prevent hospitalization... just like getting a flu shot does.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-16-2022 at 10:07 AM

Quote: Originally posted by surfhat  

She also has zero compassion for mothers who can't find baby formula. Telling them to suck it up and breast feed with no concern if they have already stopped, can't breast feed, and/or it is very difficult because the moms have to work.

I've stopped commenting on posts like this. But here I go.

2 years of preaching conspiracy theories, poo-pooing covid, masks, lock downs, vaccine's, precautions, blaming gov't, Fauci, everyone and everything in California. Blah blah blah.

Pay no attention to JZ's rants. One of the unhappiest people on this forum. Resents taking responsibility for his kids at home.

Seriously, relax with the kids and blaming privilege. Use your privilege to make things better -- starting with looking in the mirror. It's all going to be OK. Maybe not for your kids, but luck of the draw on that and their generation.

You worry too much. Count your blessings.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
SFandH
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 6-16-2022 at 10:12 AM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  
Here in Nevada county CA, the local hospital is having problems. Not because of they are being overwhelmed by patients (there is a moderate increase in cases) but the most recent virus strain has no respect for masks and vaccines. A large number of the hospital staff have tested positive, and are in quarantine!

BA.4 and BA.5 subvariants rates of infection are rising. Highly transmissable, mild symptoms.

"Generally, BA.4 and BA.5 variants cause mild disease but spread in large numbers potentially because, unlike the Wuhan strain, which settles in the lungs, these newer strains seem to attach to the more benign upper nasal passages. As with other Omicron variants, BA.4 and BA.5 symptoms are generally mild, and may include fever, malaise, and loss of smell, although the prevalence of long-term symptoms (long COVID) is still being evaluated. Serious illness is rare but possible, especially in the unvaccinated."

https://www.medpagetoday.com/opinion/second-opinions/99082

I got sick with the Omicron variant in January, at the peak. It was all upper respiratory, nothing in my lungs, no fever. BUT, my nasal passages were so clogged that I couldn't even blow my nose. No air whatsoever could get through my nose, zero. I had to dig to clear a passage. I was down and out for 2 weeks due to extreme fatique. Read some interesting books.

[Edited on 6-16-2022 by SFandH]

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-16-2022 at 11:09 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Lee  

Resents taking responsibility for his kids at home.

In the Fall of 2020 I sent my kids out of state where they could go to in person classes and play on sports teams (btw, Governor Newsom sent his kids to private school so they could attend in-person. I can hear him laughing at the common folk while sipping his wine at the French Landry).

We flew across country and moved them in. Life is good here. I'm concerned what the lock downs did to others who didn't have the same options. You guys don't seem to care at all about them.

[Edited on 6-16-2022 by JZ]

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 6-16-2022 at 06:53 PM

Resents taking responsibility for his kids at home.

In the Fall of 2020 I sent my kids out of state where they could go to in person classes and play on sports teams (btw, Governor Newsom sent his kids to private school so they could attend in-person. I can hear him laughing at the common folk while sipping his wine at the French Landry).

Short stuff:
Sounds like you are jealous of newsome :lol::lol:
He can afford to send his kids to private school, so what?
He ate at a fancy restaurant, so what? I hope he enjoyed it!
You are unhappy to be a maga fool in liberal california… why dont you move to one of the red states and quit complaining and start living your red maga dream?

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-16-2022 at 09:53 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Anthony Fauci has Covid now and that proves without a doubt that multiple shots and boosters (and masks) do not prevent it! Unless the good doctor didn't practice what he preached? Photos of him maskless at events he recently attended seem to point in that direction?

Of course, you can't stop a virus from making you sick but the vaccine should reduce the degree of illness and prevent hospitalization... just like getting a flu shot does.

Have you been asleep for the past year? Your totally clueless post would certainly indicate so.

No one EVER claimed that 2 doses of the vaccine and boosters would prevent contracting Covid. It DOES reduce the degree of illness and prevents hospitalization and death. That's exactly what it does, as has been widely studied, documented, and reported. Yet somehow you missed all that?

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspective/2022/05/vaccines...

[Edited on 6-17-2022 by surabi]

surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-16-2022 at 10:05 PM

I've stopped commenting on posts like this. But here I go.

2 years of preaching conspiracy theories, poo-pooing covid, masks, lock downs, vaccine's, precautions, blaming gov't, Fauci, everyone and everything in California. Blah blah blah.

Pay no attention to JZ's rants.

It seems that JZ cares so much about everyone that he would have advocated zero measures to try to contain the spread of a deadly virus that has killed almost 6 and a half million people in 2 and a half years. (and those are only documented cases- it is estimated that the death toll is far higher) Not to mention the millions who are suffering with long Covid.

No lockdowns, no masking, no distancing, no quarantines, no closed borders, no vaccines, no testing, just happily carrying on normally, pretending that everyone getting sick and dying was no big deal.

He dismisses the "only" 7000 dead under the age of 30, and keeps citing other things people die of, as if one more cause of death, which is largely preventable with the proper measures, is irrelevant. Had the world had JZs in charge, we'd have 60 million dead, not 6. That's how much he cares.

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.