Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4
Author: Subject: Cartel chaos currently in northern Baja
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 8-15-2022 at 09:57 AM

Quote: Originally posted by US 41  
...my goal the first day I crossed into Baja was to get south of Ensenada, to the real Baja.

the big cities are "real baja" as much as the rural areas.
people that live in rural baja rely on big cities to get education, do business, conduct trade.
many people that live in rural baja flock to ensenada and la paz for education, doing business, and getting all the goods and services that are not available in rural baja.
you cant begin to experience baja if you speed thru the cities in fear and just camp in the desert or beaches. the cities are the cultural, educational and business centers of baja.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-15-2022 at 03:19 PM

fortunately there's an official solution...you can draw your own conclusions. peace love and fish tacos.

The mayor of Tijuana, Monserrat Caballero, asked businesses and stores to pay "their extortion money" to organized crime so that they are not attacked and citizens do not suffer the consequences.
In addition, the municipal president from the Morena Party asked organized crime to attack only businesses that "did not pay their extortion."

beware, evil fb site.
https://www.facebook.com/Moreliactiva/videos/448062353898286

[Edited on 8-15-2022 by willardguy]
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-15-2022 at 03:24 PM

Quote: Originally posted by willardguy  
fortunately there's an official solution...you can draw your own conclusions. peace love and fish tacos.

The mayor of Tijuana, Monserrat Caballero, asked businesses and stores to pay "their extortion money" to organized crime so that they are not attacked and citizens do not suffer the consequences.
In addition, the municipal president from the Morena Party asked organized crime to attack only businesses that "did not pay their extortion."

Where did you get that info?

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-15-2022 at 03:34 PM
vagabundos

hey anyone else get the "warning" from vagabundos? I haven't been a member there for 30 years!:P
US 41
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-15-2022 at 04:33 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Quote: Originally posted by US 41  
...my goal the first day I crossed into Baja was to get south of Ensenada, to the real Baja.

the big cities are "real baja" as much as the rural areas.
people that live in rural baja rely on big cities to get education, do business, conduct trade.
many people that live in rural baja flock to ensenada and la paz for education, doing business, and getting all the goods and services that are not available in rural baja.
you cant begin to experience baja if you speed thru the cities in fear and just camp in the desert or beaches. the cities are the cultural, educational and business centers of baja.

We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one. I suppose it's just personal preference, but I just don't like hanging out in cities in general, no matter where I'm at (not just in Mexico). I do enjoy driving through cities on the freeway, seeing the skyline, and leaving. I'm a nature person. Baja to me is deserts, beaches, small towns, cacti, palm trees in an oasis, and mountains. Those are the reason's I visited Baja this year and likely will again someday.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-15-2022 at 04:52 PM

Quote: Originally posted by willardguy  

beware, evil fb site.
https://www.facebook.com/Moreliactiva/videos/448062353898286

[Edited on 8-15-2022 by willardguy]

Well, that is ridiculous. What party is she from?

Time to call in the usa military and UN for some housecleaning and nation building!

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

RFClark
Super Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Looking forward to 2024

[*] posted on 8-15-2022 at 06:02 PM

Goat if I wanted a big Spanish speaking city with corrupt and incompetent officials I could have stayed in LA! You’re right the big cities are real, as real as a heart attack!

BTW,

How is paying people in Mexico not to “break windows” any different than ordering the police to watch while stores were looted and burned in the US?
amigobaja
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-15-2022 at 06:23 PM

My phone blew up all night friday from friends and neighbors worried about me crossing Saturday A.m. i wish every trip across was so easy. 8:30 am Tecate five cars in front of us at the gate.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-15-2022 at 08:00 PM

Quote: Originally posted by RFClark  

How is paying people in Mexico not to “break windows” any different than ordering the police to watch while stores were looted and burned in the US?

Clarkie,
Seems be a big difference between sicarios extorting monthly protection money from many thousands of businesses in mexico, and a race riot (one riot effecting a few city blocks in a limited number of cities). Dont be obtuse!

Woke!

RFClark
Super Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 8-15-2022 at 09:36 PM

Goat,

The looting and burning went on for months! Politicians encouraged it!
Which is by far the worst part.

“‘No ‘tis not so deep as a well nor so wide as a church door, but ‘tis enough ‘twill serve!” applies to the rule of law too! All it takes is people loosing faith in process. Mexico would be an example of that
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 8-17-2022 at 07:00 PM

This was printed US TRAVEL ALERT Planning a trip to United States ? Be careful. There is a mass shooting in California every 8 days! Churches,schools,farmers markets are all danger zones.Hospitals have been invaded by gunmen. People have been shot driving their cars moms walking their kids in a stroller. America has seen over 300 mass shootings since January 2022. Up in L.A as of this writing 7- 11 across the city are closing because shooters have been targeting them. 6 Starbucks have closed ,citing safety concens for employees! This cant be ? or is the world a scary place now.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-17-2022 at 07:18 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajatrailrider  
This was printed US TRAVEL ALERT Planning a trip to United States ? Be careful. There is a mass shooting in California every 8 days! Churches,schools,farmers markets are all danger zones.Hospitals have been invaded by gunmen. People have been shot driving their cars moms walking their kids in a stroller. America has seen over 300 mass shootings since January 2022. Up in L.A as of this writing 7- 11 across the city are closing because shooters have been targeting them. 6 Starbucks have closed ,citing safety concens for employees! This cant be ? or is the world a scary place now.

I am amused by all you gringo expats who defend Mexico by trashing the USA. No sure how what happens in usa justifies what happens in Mexico, or makes what happens in Mexico of lesser significance.
What is amusing is you defenders of Mexico trash the USA, but most all of you come back to USA for major medical, y’all keep your retirement funds in USA, y’all keep your usa citizenship, and you travel back to USA to make major purchases of goods.

With respect to crime, usa is safer. Ask the insurance actuaries. Look at the statistics.

In the USA we have police that mostly help the citizens and tourists.. In Mexico you have cops that mostly fleece the citizens and tourists

I like traveling in Mexico. But I am not naive to think it is safer.

[Edited on 8-18-2022 by mtgoat666]

Woke!

RFClark
Super Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 8-17-2022 at 07:49 PM
Here’s my sunset how was your’s?

Goat,

Bad governance in Mexico does not excuse bad governance in the US! Mexico’s problems are Mexico’s. We both chose. That’s free will in action. I chose Mexico and you do what ever it is you do east of San Diego. If you feel that you’re getting your moneys-worth for the high taxes and fees you pay then we’re both happy.

B125B904-523D-4396-ABF1-323B48FCAE7F.jpeg - 199kB
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-17-2022 at 07:52 PM

Not thrashing USA silly one. Just saying USA no longer safe you can stay locked up in your basement . keep a blind eye to yes CA as I said the world is a dangerous place now. Its not getting better anyplace now, sad USA is turning into 3 world country. USA is still number one but a troubled one. Y'all keep your doors locked
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-18-2022 at 01:23 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Quote: Originally posted by bajatrailrider  
So when someone tells the truth about CA . You figure someone that paid taxes all there life . Should not get retirement money or anything else they want in States. :light::light::light::light:

I am amused by all you gringo expats who defend Mexico by trashing the USA. No sure how what happens in usa justifies what happens in Mexico, or makes what happens in Mexico of lesser significance.
What is amusing is you defenders of Mexico trash the USA, but most all of you come back to USA for major medical, y’all keep your retirement funds in USA, y’all keep your usa citizenship, and you travel back to USA to make major purchases of goods.

With respect to crime, usa is safer. Ask the insurance actuaries. Look at the statistics.

In the USA we have police that mostly help the citizens and tourists.. In Mexico you have cops that mostly fleece the citizens and tourists

I like traveling in Mexico. But I am not naive to think it is safer.

[Edited on 8-18-2022 by mtgoat666]
Its marooons like you that cause crime to spread . Yes silly boy you voted for catch and let go killers next day . :light::light::light:
 Pages:  1  2    4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.