Author: Subject: A Favorite Spot
Natalie Ann
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-7-2005 at 10:26 AM
A Favorite Spot

In less than a week here is where I plan to be.:yes:
Yipee!

[Edited on 4-7-2005 by Natalie Ann]

Be yourself, everyone else is already taken.
.....Oscar Wilde
MIKEMCCARTY

[*] posted on 4-7-2005 at 01:46 PM

Looks like a great spot for a coconut drink! I wish I was there too...
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-7-2005 at 01:51 PM

Is that in Mulege - on the North side of the river at that little resturant at the end of the road going East?

The SAME boiling water that softens the potato hardens the egg. It's about what you are made of NOT the circumstance.
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-7-2005 at 02:26 PM

That's a well composed image. Good color balance, also. It really does look like a place with great serenity. A place to go back to again and again.

It's simple and yet says a lot. I like it.

You have the makings of a photographer. Perhaps you are one.

[Edited on 4-7-2005 by Skipjack Joe]

[Edited on 4-7-2005 by Skipjack Joe]
Natalie Ann
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-7-2005 at 11:13 PM

Not Mulege, Bob, but La Paz. I still haven't figured out La Paz directions enough to say on which side, but it's the side towards Pichulingue and Balandra and Tecolote beaches. Little roadside stop. La Paz is way across the water in the general direction I'm facing. Anyone from La Paz feel free to jump in here and explain it better.

Mike - when I'm there I'll send a little green coconut energy - a very relaxed type of energy - your way.:yes:

Skipjack Joe - well thanks for the very nice critique and compliments. This photo was taken by my girlfriend with my little digital Kodak. I almost didn't post it because of what I felt was poor quality in the original made worse by tamping it down to under 50k for the post. Nice to know some enjoyed the feeling it's meant to share.

I have a pretty good eye for photos.... but it's my husband who's the excellent photographer. Carries more weight in camera equipment everywhere we go than the rest of the luggage for the two of us combined. If you're at all interested in some of Steve's great Baja bird photos, check out the home page at the following site. The image changes to a new bird each day of the week. Also in the forums I've posted a couple more images.
http://www.bajabirding.org/

We also have some nice landscape photos (taken from the air) of the area where the Colorado River meets the Sea of Cortes; they're in the forums at the following site. (See posts by LaBrujaBlanca)
http://www.bajacaliforniaconservation.com/

Site home pages for the above link also change daily and are fantastic images by our fellow Nomad Ken Bondy. It's worth going back each day to see them all.

[Edited on 4-8-2005 by Natalie Ann]

.....Oscar Wilde
SO

[*] posted on 4-8-2005 at 06:05 AM
Now to round out my top five posts to reply tonight (5, 6 who's counting?),

NA has definitely found a hunk of heaven on earth... and what a treasure of the baja Nomad kind.

Sit and look minto the photo as you are sleepy sleepy. Your CPU is getting sleepy. Maybe if I stop dreaming SO much of Baja, I'll get some sleep.???

Nice photo of your hunk of beauty Natalie Anne...

And now my noodle hurts, as it must have been my parabola of screen kind, that did it, cause it could not have been the wonderful photo and the many stories and posts I read tonight, and oh how I need to buy a new flat planel display. Maybe I can hipp no ties myself by dreaming of never wearing suits again to get myself to sleep? Now that would make me smile. Just my favorite Baja Nomad shorts and the wearing of the tie to allow a Baja Nomad to wipe the sand off his beer lip before taking a pull.

Sleep CPU sleep.

RandyMacSC/SO :biggrin:

[Edited on 4-8-2005 by SO]

[Edited on 4-8-2005 by SO]
Natalie Ann
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-8-2005 at 08:11 AM

In the above photo, walking out from where I'm sitting and facing a wee bit more left, this is what you see - La Paz on the left and El Mogote in the photo's right corner. Lordy I do love those blue-green-turquoise waters!

[Edited on 4-8-2005 by Natalie Ann]

.....Oscar Wilde
Natalie Ann
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-8-2005 at 08:12 AM

Another of my favorite Baja feelings is portrayed here.

.....Oscar Wilde
SO

[*] posted on 4-8-2005 at 09:36 AM
NA, love this photo and also the little syaing below...

about smiles for free.

If you see someone without a smile
Give them one of yours.

Nice touch Natalie Ann.

RandyMacSC/SO
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-8-2005 at 09:53 AM
Just down the road

This shot is looking to the far right from your first photo

bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-8-2005 at 09:55 AM

jeez thats tiny. tried to make it bigger and it got blurry.

Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 4-8-2005 at 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Natalie Ann
Another of my favorite Baja feelings is portrayed here.

hay hang on to that one it could be a magazine cover. really

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-9-2005 at 09:10 AM

Wow, these photos are fantastic! Gracias.
Bob H

The SAME boiling water that softens the potato hardens the egg. It's about what you are made of NOT the circumstance.
RandyMacSC/SO
Special Correspondent

biggrin.gif posted on 4-9-2005 at 04:54 PM
A Man is a success... if

-------

Thank you Bob H. Thank you, thank you.

Also thanks to Doug Means for putting two of my splits back togeter into the ONE. Thanks Doug.

Quoted by Bob H after each of his Baja Nomad posts:

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do."

A Baja Sandy Island in My Mind: My Reality
-----------------------------------------------------
by RandyMacSC/SO April 9. 2005 -- 23:28:07 on my computer

IF you can and will find it possible to imagine, which you may or may not do or even care, I actually do spend more time on BN reading other Baja Nomad's posts, stories, comments and Baja good advice, and suggestions, than I in all actuality, spend in my babbling Baja Nomad typing of thoughts ways... and the quote that you - Bob H, a wise and often witty Baja Nomad post below your comments, etcetera, on Baja Nomad, have made me think wit the better parts of my noodle, especially later in the evening, when I am winding down my day...

and the quote below your posts rings and plays a song to me, as it is so meaningful and true to me...

as I have found recently, again, again, and again, and I actually do know this, but don't follow my own best advice often enough, to use my own common sense advice to myself, until this little tune plays in my noodle head, and then I just do a split nanonsecond think of a Baja Nomad moment thought, and, magically, I find that I am in my best state, that I can possibly be, by simply waking up in the morning, with no real grand plan for my day, other than to be in the moment of my element, and just be me.

SO, now, when I find myself getting too busy, way beyond my Now, moment in my day, I do take that moment of little special time for myself, to break my cycle of internal noodle abuse, and just try my best to be me. A Baja Nomad at heart, no matter where I am, and just be me.

And during the end hours of the last few nights, many people say this to me, especially when I stop in to the Arlington Hotel, or the Crowne Point Hotel moment in the day, a stop in for a listen, look see moment, and just be me.

Not matter, if just for You quiro uno vaso da agua muchho freo por favor, or uno cervesa, or, just to practice my spanish, of which my many friends do enjoy, they all know that I am smiling huge inside and out, and happier than a clam in Playa Argenta, or any playa near Bahia Concepcion, or Mulege, or even on the Pacific coast, Playa Los Ceritos, San Carlos, or Playa Tecoloti, cause I am just trying my best, to just be me.

No more spending big bucks, as it is more fun to spend uno peso or dos, or none at all, as I can and will, now decide if I want, to just be me.

SO, when Chris, or Harry, or Bill, or whoever, expects for me to not be me, and buy one or two rounds, or one for the whole house, cause they think I can, and now, just say NO, as in n... o... NO, and just sit and smile, and relax, and move on to a new subject, wit a huge smile, and just be me. And then I say this to distract their train of thought focus on yet another necessary or unnecessary beer, that they can buy for themselves, if they so choose or not, and leave me alone to just be me.

According to wise Baja Nomad's they say to others and to me, "The best months, days, week, weeks to Mexico, Baja playa, playas, or beaches in Anglias, holidayer are November - May... July- August, Christmas, and Easter, as these months and days attract huge party holidaymakers inside/outside el Mexico, especially at beach resorts, and the secret that is so well kept, or worst, or maybe it is or is not, those months, that many think to hot or humid, June, July, September, and what's an insect or two, in yor day, if you are just trying to find a good place to be?

August to November rough waters on the Pacific coast have stormy waves crashing in from the sea.

And even thoug I have never been, diving off Baja California coasts during these months, I hear from Baja Nomads on my favorite message board, that the best, with warm, clear water times, are in this zone of time, as you can find yourself in tranquility.

SO, think of the great varied mexicana food, or wobbly pops, or whatever you choose, cause I am dreaming of these months tonight on my way home, cause I look forward to my special times in Baja Land, where I can just be me.

I dream of days past, future, lively evenings full of fun, frolic, music, dance of common thoughts through song, of coral playa trinkets hunting, of many places, ancient sites to which I have been, and then I remember to be my best and practice my Spanish style life ahead of time, and then I can just be me.

And if the conversation goes south or beyond my reality of south, I do what i can do to avoid, the trashy talk of package touristy places, one too many of the same souvenirs, which petty talk and bulldurn walk without having ever walked, cause it is to me non-mexican talk, cause I do know through my experience that most petty thefts, in my favorite country of my choice, is just crap load of just talk, as my home town of Trail, is no different, as the thefts are caused by too noisy in the head people, who don't think of any but themselves, but at times in their life are not too much different from you and me.

It's just the way they are in the noodle space, so I avoid their drama queen or king plays, cause I just want to be me.

And now this crazy rhiming bable of bumbling words is too much for me and more, not good for you, so it's time to go and just be me.

And as I leave the bar a few say,
"RandyMac, How do you do it all, and still smile all day, and have such energy and a huge smile on your face, and then still have enough time to walk all the way home and not accept a ride, or take a cab we are offering to you, so want is your secret anyways, please do tell, cause it is important to here of such."

And my comment yesterday late at night before I walked home was this, "Ask Bob H, he knows and he left this little tid bit of a gem advice for me on Baja Nomad to may be give out to you to help your thoughts of better days ahead." Then I just repeat the quote from Bob H. posted above and below my too wordy comments for all to see, before I go to just be me.

Then I say my goodbyes, walk out the door, walk along the sidewalk, across the Trail Bridge, along the river wall sidewalk between all the houses facing the Columbia River in East Trail, BC, and find myself at 2.5 kms from the Crowne Point or Arlingto Hotels, along the Sunningdale highway sidewalk heading back to my safe place home in at 1141 ???????? Sunningdale Trail, BC, entrance to the upper Sunningdale ballpark, and go into my door, at the end of a very interesting busy productive day, and listening to my favorites tunes that I enjoy anywhere anytime, especially in Baja California, AND FIND MYSELF JUST BEING ME.

And befoire I get home I take the time to stop into Sandy Island as when i was a kid, it was SO much fun to just be me. I am doing my best to live in the moment for myself now, and doing what I want to do in my day, as it is the best state I can be for myself, to treat myself better, and just be me. SO, instead of trying to make everyone else happy if I can, I do what ever I want, and not what everyone may expect out of me.

The most imp;ortant thought I reflect on Sandy Bay rocks, overlooking the river down to my hime town downtown, past Comico, yes Comico, not Teck Cominco, and find myself in my favorite time in space, to just be me, and dream of Baja in my noodle head, cause that's a place where I found the best people, to be around if I SO choose, and where I could just be me.

To be happy, is to just be me... Baja California, my crazy noodle space in my mind, as I am once again, not longer split into two by my mistake, cause reminded me to be just one, and I apoligized to him, and to myself for not being more aware, that sometimes it is more important to just be ONE with oneself in my mind, cause it is so much fun, and my best real reality. Baja California, land of many diverse sights to behold, that will always be, in your memory. Cause it is important to just be One, as it is a hunk of heaven on earth, and thuinking and dreaming about those special days in sun and fun, or just being ONE, brings me back to my Reality. Be silent... shhhhh. ONE. Be Now. did you miss that RandyMac, if SO, just be more SO.

Baja, my wonderful thoughts and reality gauge on life, to take the time in silence to just be me.

Dear Bob H, not to get all sappy here, and keep meandering and wandering in my mind, I just want to say thanks, so much for your thoughts once again.

the quote you post below your comments on BN, rings like a smily tune in my noodle all day, If I SO choose to go ther in my minds eye, as if it was there especially by magic, for me to see. (I know it is there for all to see), and the quote you leave is a magical gift to others and me, as it has really helped me to once again put some things into perspective, to allow myself to enjoy my life more, and get back to my basics.

Such simplicity... of words strung together in song, with real meaning.

And when I am watching the water ripple by at 2:45 in the early morning, down so peacefully, as the mighty Columbia River flows past Sandy Island, past the entrance way to Sunningdale subdivision of Trail BC, with black no smokey NOW in Trail, star filled sky nights above, I find my way to sit on the rocks jutting out onto the point where the river flows by, at Sandy Island, where I used to fish as a boy, and I take in a few quite moments, in tought and in complete silence, and when I choose, I just reflect on my day, and how happy I can be, especially when I am by myself, just taking in the moment. Of tranquil reality.

Then I decide when it is time, and wander my way to my home, a do try to walk a different way each time, to see what I can see, and have a huge smile upon my face, and just be me. Back to Reality.

I receive many calls now that I am back, into the busy often too crazy and allow it on myself if I SO choose demanding world, and often there are too many calls Now, as te word is out in my home town, so I just let the phone ring and ring, and the answering machine fill up to the brim some days, as I decide now if I want to do anything at all, to help, to jump at someone's beacon call, if I so choose to allow this to happen again, and then I say to myself, wait a minute RandyMac, just be SO, and don't cal, back or poay much attention, and do not give myself such a hard time, as it is their own reality or non-reality, and too much noise for me, and more often now, than not, I do find it so enjoyable to let your quote (??) ring in my noodle head at will, and decide to just be me, or not at all. Cause that's part of just being me...

In a moment, (okay I said that 25 minutes ago - being honest with myself) I'll am real close now to putting on my favorite Baja California shorts, a warm T-Shirt, (maybe a La Paz Shirt, or one from Ensenada, or Mulege, or Loreto) and I'll make sure to pack my tooth brush, etcetera, and some jeans and extra warm jacket (rolled up tight) into my favorite Baja red pack sack, and then I'm going out and about, in my hometwon area, maybe all the river, or into the tihick of it all, or past carppy places, or just to be with some fun smiling faces, for this is a Sunny Sunny day in Sunningdale, and I'll see what I can see, and no matter where my path takes me, I plan on just being me.

"No matter where you are, you are there, and I am here, and that's by choice, to dream or to Be One in Baja beauty land in total tranquility, in Baja Nomad Noodle space as it is our one common of social community Reality. Baja, what a special place to be..."

Have a good Baja day Bob H, and all other Baja Nomad's if you choose to read my BN rambling Madness man babble for the day, ...

"No matter where you are in the world or Baja, there you are, and I am here, and, I do hope you are enjoying your world/Baja special day, as I will think of where you are, if I so Choose, cause I can, to be me, a slightly offcenter noodle man, and that's my focused or crazy space by my choice, to be or not to be in Baja or whatever I so chose, cause it is my reality."

Thank you Bob H. Thank you, thank you. (also many other special meaning quotes, stories, argumentaive rants, or whatever you do in your day, as it is your choice of posted thoughts as BAJA California Nomads will be Baaja Nomads, and I just want to let you know that this is such a special place to come and be accepted (perhaps not by all and that is OKAY WITH ME) as it is a place to post my crazy or focused thoughts if I so chose, as it does help me to pull myself back from myself, and my random noodle thoughts, to have a much more enjoyable time to go about my day, and Baja Nomad an inebrient or my drug of choice for it is a special place to me, and my Baja reminder of my tranquil times in thought of not much, but being just me, in tranquil reality.

Quote that Bob H leaves after each of his BN posts:

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do."

Just got another call, and decided to take the call and my new freidn Jordie says hey RandyMac, nice to meet you last night.

Conversation time 4 and a half minutes. Subject randdom thoughts, tranquility, and from my new friend, a word meniers = neurilogical brain dysfunction. I want to talk with my new friend again, as I'll probably learn more from him than any neuroligist can ever explain to me. Wooow.

What a day to be alive... to be just SO.

Slightly Offcenter of my profectionist at times noodle kind of guy, often off my noodle and on my noodle or not in my noodle at all, and it is now all on purpose to keep em guessing here, in my home town, and happy as a dug in "Wound Too Tight/Lose Clam" sand clam in my near or at Playa El Requeson mind space, at any time during my day, if I so choose, or back to Sandy Island Bay at the entrance to Sunningdale, at night and right Now by day, cause it is so nice to be back to just being me again, as in my mind I knew that I was happy 20, 25 to 47 years ago, but most of, today is today and the Now, and on this day more importantly, I am happy to just be me.

Look forward to learning more from my new friend Jordie, an interesting person to listen to his stories of personal discovery and recovery... and a good friend of my friend denbob gunner song man that I hiked with yesterday.

I'll post some of his tunes one day and you might enjoy them, as I really do. So simple yet so meaning full in this time in our often to crazy world if we let it get the better of us, or me.

SO. Got to go, so I can go. go go... packsack ready go. Could find my way to Baja in a few days... or pop my head up in Soth Africa, wo knows... go SO. Go...

RandyMacSC/SO :biggrin:

[Edited on 4-10-2005 by RandyMacSC/SO]

==============================================
Ole' Irish saying (Gaelic): 'Go neirigh an bothar leat, go mbeidh an gaoth choiche sa droim agat, is go mbeidh tu thuas ar neamh leath-uair roimh is eol don diabhal go bhuil tu marbh'.... OR 'May the road rise up to meet you, May the wind always be at your back, and May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead'

RandyMacSC/SO
Special Correspondent

[*] posted on 4-9-2005 at 05:26 PM

Natalie Ann.

Your photos are great and SO much fun to just sit and stair into them and imagine what it is to be there, oh got to go SO, got to go...

beautiful photos... thanks for sharing them.

I am SO lucky to have seen them, and the best part is I can come back again again and again to read and see, and just be me. To think of who you are and of the moment you took the photos or better yet not, cause it is best to be not further in thought, cause they reflected and connected me back into reality... yesterda and again today, and now I have to go, SO

Wooooow So beautiful...

So bright today I gotta wear some shades... oh no, not the crazy decision tree again...SO

STEP 1: Grab nearest shades, grab pack, walk to door, open, step outside, lock door, and just go SO... Baja, South Africa, or whereever I go, I am SO... Baja Nomad Noodle Slightly Offcenter to just SO,

Your amazing photos bring me back to reality...

Thanx Natalie Ann, an interesting person indeed...

RandyMacSC/SO :cool:

Ole' Irish saying (Gaelic): 'Go neirigh an bothar leat, go mbeidh an gaoth choiche sa droim agat, is go mbeidh tu thuas ar neamh leath-uair roimh is eol don diabhal go bhuil tu marbh'.... OR 'May the road rise up to meet you, May the wind always be at your back, and May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead'

RandyMacSC/SO
Special Correspondent

[*] posted on 4-9-2005 at 05:34 PM
Down Baja Way if only just for a day or a moment in time in my minds eye...

:cool:

A special little wave in my minds eye to Natalie Ann from ship to shore...

Natalie Ann
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-9-2005 at 07:56 PM

Thanks everyone for your very kind words. I hope to have new photos to share come the end-o-May.

RandyMac - Glad you find your center in what my pictures bring to your heart. I'm a clinical hypnotherapist by profession and cannot be more pleased that my favorite spots have this effect for you. Now just let go of the mind chatter.... breathe slowly and deeply, in through the nose and out through the mouth.... 3 times.... while your let go of all tension and feel the warm Baja breeze surround you. Enjoy!

Now I've gotta go pack something.

.....Oscar Wilde

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.