BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Jobs in Baja
Native Zonie

puzzled.gif posted on 9-17-2003 at 09:23 PM
Jobs in Baja

Hi there! I was interested in moving to Baja. I'm from Arizona, so I've travelled through Mexico quite a bit. Anyway, I've searched for jobs online, but have found little. I've also searched the Gringo Gazette and other publications with no luck. Does anyone out there know of a better job listing source? I know there are other steps to this process, such as obtainig a FM-(oh, hell, I forget the number), but right now I'm just trying to gauge what's out there. Thanks to all who respond.

[Edited on 9-18-2003 by Native Zonie]
Ski Baja
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-17-2003 at 09:46 PM
Trabajando

What is your job experience and what are you expecting to get paid?
Mike Humfreville
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-17-2003 at 11:20 PM

Do you have the necessary documents to work in Mexico?
mrchuck
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-18-2003 at 06:31 AM

Unless you have Mexican nationality heritage you can prove, or a job skill so special that it isn't available in Mexico,Or a lot of money to buy a business and employ Mexican Nationals as workers, your job finding is ABSOLUTELY nil.
Mexico does not want any person from any country to come to Mexico and look for work. Period.
You must start a thorough search of the Mexican Consolate near you, go see them, and you will really find out if you have something to offer Mexico.
Remember, the reasons Mexicans are coming into the USA ,is because there are no jobs of quality here in Mexico.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but maybe the Mexican Consolate can pump it back up.
Saludos, mc
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 9-18-2003 at 07:38 AM

Thanks MrChuck for making it so clear. I often wonder, when I read about people wanting to work in Cabo or elsewhere who post these questions on the board, are thinking.

As I understand it, even volunteer work by non-Mexicans is forbidden as it could take away a paying job for a Mexican national.

Q for the Baja Political Board: What would happen if America had such a law to protect jobs for its citizens? Where would Mexicans go, to feed their families?

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Ski Baja
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-18-2003 at 08:27 AM
Jobs

And who would perform those jobs in America? Iraqi slaves ? How about the homeless or law breakers ? Me thinks we might just have the most skilled, efficient and happy people doing them already. And it's a good thing to or we might not be getting so fat n lazy without their help.
FlyGirl

eureka.gif posted on 9-22-2003 at 09:35 AM
We need the same laws in the U.S.

Maybe not quite so strict, and not aimed at Mexican workers...
But we have an awful lot of skilled American jobs either being shipped out of the country or taken by unnecessary H1-B's from India and other places, just because they're cheap.
I can understand why Mexico protects its jobs. I wish the US would do more of the same.
Bajabus
Senior Nomad

Mood: My friends..it's good.

[*] posted on 9-22-2003 at 09:56 AM

HEEE HEEE HHEEE very funny ski baja.
Iraqi slaves.......what a hoot!

Free trade as long as it helps us..... otherwise farm subsidies and don't tell us what to do with our stinkin selective protectionist subsidies.

"Just because they are cheap".......capitalism baby that's it in a nut shell. You want to dance gotta pay the piper. Everybody wants the cream and to sweep the rest under the carpet.

anything else is commie pinko talk
gauranteed jobs... what is this, russia 20 years ago?

[Edited on 22-9-2003 by Bajabus]

"Preventive war was an invention of Hitler. Frankly I would not even listen to anyone seriously that came and talked of such a thing." Dwight David Eisenhower
Bajabus
Senior Nomad

Mood: My friends..it's good.

[*] posted on 9-22-2003 at 10:05 AM

Oh I forgot. Yes, if you have a skill that is sorely needed or you open a business and employ other Mexicans then you can have a job with lot's of red tape and silly bureaucratic nonsense. I've been doing it for many years down here but ay ya yai the head aches.

"Preventive war was an invention of Hitler. Frankly I would not even listen to anyone seriously that came and talked of such a thing." Dwight David Eisenhower
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-22-2003 at 04:30 PM

Answer to David K's Question.

there would be no milk in your Refridg.
There would be no Melons on your table.
There would be no one to serve you in Calif.,Ariz, Texas.
There would be no cotton picked to send to the Mills.
There would be no Landscraping for Homes.

David my friend "Do you not realize that there are no so called Americans looking for those jobs.The workers who might need a job have been taken up by Govt. employement, Unions etc.There is at least 2 million unnecessary jobs made for people who do not desire to work in the Hot Sun.
It comes down to this: If you have the Balls to come to the central Valley of Calif. work in the Daires,Fields,Cotton gins, Melon sheds you have a lot more respect from me than if you are in a non essiential job with a Bureacracy of a feather bedded job with a union!
Those " Brown-skinned" people you are referring to are doing the jobs no one else will do and are feeding the people of this Great Country.!!!!
Skeet/Loreto
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 9-22-2003 at 07:37 PM

Skeet, it was a hypothetical question (not my opinion) for the Baja Political Board, not here.

FYI: I have the same assistant in my business for 3 years, he's from Oaxaca and won't speak English (which helps me speak Spanish). However, he is a quality minded individual. That is what matters, not the color of his skin (I have a black friend who helps me, as well). I am in favor of a worker visa program, so these great people from Mexico are not ever 'illegal'. Other than not using an official border crossing to come here, they (most) are honest and hard working people.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Tony D

[*] posted on 9-22-2003 at 07:50 PM
union bashing

Skeet,how can you stereotype unions like that?Being a union carpenter,I know firsthand that most of us bust ass every day,as do the laborers,operators,ironworkers,divers,etc.walk a mile in our shoes,and you'll see that most Americans can't keep up.Have a young Mexican man on my crew,who,shortly after moving here from Cal.(farmworkers)called his Dad to say"the white guys here work hard".And don't forget where the unions came from,or like Bush,you'll have us working 80 hrs a week for straight pay.I'm proud to be union,and I'm management,I run multi-million dollar projects.Chances are,my week beats your year.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.