Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Got room in your vehicle? donation request
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 2-3-2023 at 12:14 AM
Got room in your vehicle? donation request

If anyone is headed south, I am collecting school supplies for the family of 7 kids we help. With 5 kids in elementary school, we need lots of notebooks, copy paper, crayons. Please take some down if you have room. :)

A friend of mine buys all the uniforms which comes to US$500 for all - they need PE and regular unifroms, shoes and socks, a tie and school jackets.

The Mom (Tidiana) tried to get her tubes tied after kid #3 but the doctors refused. So much easier to just deliver the child. Such a shame. If you remember, her husband finally agreed to do a vasectomy and we paid for him to go to Santa Rosalia.

If you are headed to La Bocana, I can have the family meet you at our hotel.

If you are not getting off highway 1, I will coordinate with Bonnie, the owner of San Ignacio's IGNACIO SPRINGS to take the material. They are 5 min off the highway and will keep the donation until someone picks up!

I could really use some help with the kids - they are getting A's and B's! These are really smart students!

Every month I send them a little cash for haircuts.

BEFORE

AFTER

Enjoy your Baja time and if you meet up with the family. show us some photos!!!!

[Edited on 2-4-2023 by BajaBlanca]

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
boe4fun
Super Nomad

Mood: Circling the drain........

[*] posted on 2-3-2023 at 10:53 AM

Blanca, check your U2U.

Two dirt roads diverged in Baja and I, I took the one less graveled by......

Soy ignorante, apático y ambivalente. No lo sé y no me importa, ni modo.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 2-3-2023 at 01:06 PM

So, no more living in Turkey or were you talking figuratively?

San Ignacio Inn? What other name do we know it as, maybe what was once the 'Desert Inn'?

Thanks, and where ever you and Les are, I hope you guys are well and happy!

Edit: Thanks Blanca for the reply, below!

[Edited on 2-4-2023 by David K]

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

BajaNomad
Super Administrator
Thread Moved
2-4-2023 at 03:24 AM
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 2-4-2023 at 11:56 AM

Oh, still in Turkey forever but I have Baja kids in college still and Tidiana and Abraham are being helped 24/7! Seven kids is really hard for them to handle.

IGNACIO SPRINGS or the yurts is what I mean! Thanks David for paying attention to the name!

Bonnnie has graciously agreed to accept any donations.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
boe4fun
Super Nomad

Mood: Circling the drain........

[*] posted on 2-5-2023 at 09:45 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  
Oh, still in Turkey forever but I have Baja kids in college still and Tidiana and Abraham are being helped 24/7! Seven kids is really hard for them to handle.

IGNACIO SPRINGS or the yurts is what I mean! Thanks David for paying attention to the name!

Bonnnie has graciously agreed to accept any donations.

I can stop by to pick up any items on my return from our La Paz clinic.

Two dirt roads diverged in Baja and I, I took the one less graveled by......

Soy ignorante, apático y ambivalente. No lo sé y no me importa, ni modo.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.