Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Bad pot hole on Hwy. 5, near Arroyo Matomí
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 3-1-2023 at 07:11 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Don Jorge, the person who got the flat cannot say for certain it was that pothole causing the flat. However, when he arrived at a camping beach some 50 miles south, his tire (a BFG All Terrain TA, as I recall) had a sidewall leak. That pothole was the only incident he had that may have caused it.

So the allegations against the pothole are based on hearsay circumstantial evidence… the collective evidence seems pretty slim to blame the pothole.
Obviously, the pothole is not guilty.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-1-2023 at 01:14 PM

I hit the smaller hole last week. Saw the larger hole and missed it as shown in the photo. Not circumstantial or hearsay. What I hit was more serious than anything I’ve ever hit in Baja.

I’ve hit enough potholes but never had concerns about it. What I hit worried me for awhile.

Naysayers need to familiarize themselves with Baja. AMF!

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
mjs
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-2-2023 at 06:46 AM

Said pothole has been repaired. You can now return to your regularly scheduled bickering.
RFClark
Super Nomad

Mood: Looking forward to 2024

[*] posted on 3-3-2023 at 10:07 PM

When we came by there last Friday we didn’t see it. The road up from Cerritos was generally in good condition. The section between Jose Y Maria and the HWY5 turnoff had a few potholes but nothing like that one.

Truck traffic and truck accidents are up. Wednesday last week a double trailer loaded with rebar went over the side of the hill at KM 16 headed into Santa Rosalía. They were winching the pieces back up the hill Thursday when we came by. Traffic blocked for a couple of hours during the process.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 3-3-2023 at 10:19 PM

Today I discovered a new pothole at the CVS parking lot exit near my home.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.