BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Mexico electric bill
Bajahunter

[*] posted on 3-21-2023 at 12:19 PM
Mexico electric bill

Please help will bill so I’m able to read the total. Can I text or email a photo of my bill to post ?
Sam
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-21-2023 at 12:35 PM

Top right, where it says TOTAL is what you have to pay.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
Bajahunter

[*] posted on 3-21-2023 at 12:59 PM

Mine says zero because I pay credit that’s why I need to know how to read it
surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-21-2023 at 01:02 PM

There is a breakdown above the total (bottom right) which shows your consumption and cost, regardless of whether you have paid ahead on it and your balance is zero.

[Edited on 3-21-2023 by surabi]
Bajahunter

[*] posted on 3-21-2023 at 02:12 PM

My understanding is that you add 2 or 3 of the consumption numbers and subtract the gov credit. I can’t even get a straight answer from the electric company.
surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-21-2023 at 02:31 PM

You don't have to add or subtract anything. Your consumption and cost thereof plus IVA is subtotaled on your bill, then the amount of your previous bill and if you have credit, the balance showing will be 0. The only thing not listed is how much credit you have left.

Not sure why you are having such a hard time with this.

Energia (your current consumption cost)
IVA 16%
Fac.del Periodo (total of above)
Aduedo Anterior (your previous bill)
Su Pago (amount applied to your previous bill)
Total (amount presently owing)
Bajahunter

[*] posted on 3-21-2023 at 03:04 PM

I also have
DAP
Credito Aplic Fac
Differencia por redondeo
surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-21-2023 at 05:01 PM

DAP or DAC?
Bajahunter

[*] posted on 3-21-2023 at 07:16 PM

DAP. Thanks for the help Lencho
surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-21-2023 at 07:51 PM

Interesting- I had never heard of the DAP charge, which isn't charged where I live. I started reading up about it- it is a charge set by the municipality so everyone is contributing to the public lighting, and the municipalities have an arrangement with CFE to collect it.
Lots of articles about filing an amparo to not have to pay it.
surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-21-2023 at 09:54 PM

The crook who ran the municipal water system here for 18 years and was finally forced out used to pocket the money residents paid, and a few times the whole town wasn't getting water because he didn't pay the CFE bill. He also wouldn't turn the pump pressure up enough to get more than a paltry little stream in some areas because it would cost more in electricity, so yeah, I'm quite familiar with that scenario.

What I read when I googled it seemed to be that people were protesting paying the DAP on the basis that it wasn't being fairly charged- that it was charged on a percentage basis according to the amount of your CFE bill, when the amount of electricity you consume at home doesn't relate to public lighting, which they aren't getting more of a benefit from than anyone else.

[Edited on 3-22-2023 by surabi]

surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-22-2023 at 10:13 AM

When I lived in Canada, money for schools was included in the property tax bill, and was a flat amount, not a percentage of the property tax. Same with water, garbage collection, and sewer.

I always used to find the "I don't have kids, why should I pay for schools" argument amusing. Who do they think the doctors and nurses who are going to care for them when they're 90 are going to be, other 90 year olds? That people can't see how public education benefits them, even if they don't have kids, is pretty dumb.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.