BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: May holidays Northbound Sentri traffic Mexicali East?
Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-30-2023 at 04:03 PM
May holidays Northbound Sentri traffic Mexicali East?

Planning to cross North ~2 pm at Mex East, it seems they have a holiday every few days.

Sunday April 30 Children's Day - probably nothing but could be some "end of weekend" traffic.
Monday May 1 Mexican Labor Day - bad? Tuesday ~2pm still bad?
Friday May 5 Cinco de Mayo - bad? What about Thursday May 4 at 2 pm? Or does it get better by Monday May 8 at 2 pm?

And then there are Mother's Day, Teacher's Day - observance only, but I've learned to expect unexpected in this beautiful country.

Thanks for any insight. Again, this is Mexicali East Sentri, time ~ 2 pm.
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 3-30-2023 at 04:59 PM

There are so many hollidays that I have never heard of! More than a few times on my Mexico trips I have pulled to the side of the road while a parade marches down the main street.

Groups of school kids, musicians, vaqueros and more! It puts a smile on my face because I can remember doing that in my small hometown more than 60 years ago.

[Edited on 3-31-2023 by AKgringo]

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
John M
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-30-2023 at 04:59 PM
You are right, you never know!

Crossed N/B a week ago today, a Thursday, at about 11:00 a.m. SENTRI Lane wide open, Ready Lane, moving fast with maybe 3 booths at the border, regular lane - nearly two hours. It was only when we got to nearly the front of the line that they finally closed one of the Ready Lanes and added it to the regular lane. Seems to us that CBP was targeting the regular lane for punishment. There had been a number of large RVs in the regular lane and CBP was taking an inordinate amount of time with each of them.

John M
Bajazly
Senior Nomad

Mood: More Relaxed Everyday

[*] posted on 3-30-2023 at 05:22 PM

I never have issue at Mexicali west, usually the first to third car, or the first, whatever. 3 sentri lanes open now but if you guys want to keep suffering thru east, have fun with that.

I've done both using sentri and regular lanes and I will almost always drive across Mexicali to use west from experience.

Believing is religion - Knowing is science

Harald Pietschmann

"Get off the beaten path and memories, friends and new techniques are developed"

Bajazly, August 2019
Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-1-2023 at 05:33 PM

Bajazly, are you sure you're not confusing Mexicali East and West? I thought it was West with more traffic.
Bajazly
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-1-2023 at 08:07 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Alm  
Bajazly, are you sure you're not confusing Mexicali East and West? I thought it was West with more traffic.

No, not confusing them at all. My GF lives near east and if I leave her place I will drive past east and if the cop isn't there stopping you from entering Sentri from the east I will turn in and go that way but if he is there and won't let you turn in and insists you go wait in line to get into Sentri, btw, this is e'ffing retarded, I will drive across town on the fence and use the the easy west Senti crossing.

For years my friends alway insisted in using east and it sucked, it all sucks but whatever, but once I moved here I tried west and it was a bit better. Could have been luck of the draw, IDK but I just find west better all around.

As far as accidentally getting into the Sentri lane at west, there is an exit into Civic Centro you can bail out on. Not sure where exactly this puts you in the all cars entry but you are not stuck in Sentri and it is probably pretty easy to figure out where to get into all cars lanes from there.

Maybe in the near future I will go up there, lay a track from the last exit before you are committed to Sentri and figure out where to get into all cars lanes and post it up.

Anyway, got off topic about Sentri a little but in any case, I find west better all around. If anybody wants I'll post up my track used for Sentri lane entry and see if I can mark the last exit to get out of Sentri if one finds themselves getting funneled into there.

Harald Pietschmann

"Get off the beaten path and memories, friends and new techniques are developed"

Bajazly, August 2019
Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-2-2023 at 09:34 AM

thanks. Yes, at the East port there is that stupid wait line before you can turn into Sentri when approaching from the West as their rules require. It is Sentri that I'm interested in.

What would be the easiest way to get from Hwy 5 to Sentri at the West port? My GPS maps are outdated after all that construction. Google says Camelia Avenue is the way and I see some other cross street closer to the border.
Bajazly
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-2-2023 at 09:40 AM

I'll put up a track in a bit, really easy to get there.

This starts at the left turn at the Soriano.

Attachment: to-sentri-from-5.kml (6kB)
This file has been downloaded 60 times

[Edited on 4-2-2023 by Bajazly]

Harald Pietschmann

Bajazly, August 2019
Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-3-2023 at 07:39 PM

Thanks.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.