Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Maneadero road work
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 8-3-2023 at 03:19 PM
Maneadero road work

I was told that it is virtually impassable between the Ensenada Army base and the turnoff to Bufadora
Seemed like an exaggeration to me, but was told it took nearly 2.5 hours to make it out to the blowhole (Not that anyone really cares about going out to that tourist trap)

I was planning to send folks down to San Vicente and wondering if I am leading them into a big road trap, or is this just a bit of an exaggeration?
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-3-2023 at 03:50 PM

It was a mess in May, 2 hours northbound, and I read a newspaper article last month that much of the new road needed to be redone because the roadbed was not done correctly.

When we went through on a weekday afternoon there were a bunch of machines and no workers.

Hopefully, somebody knows the current situation.

[Edited on 8-3-2023 by SFandH]

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
mjs
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-3-2023 at 06:04 PM

2 hours on 7/26 to get out of Ensenada, Costco to La Bufadora road.
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-4-2023 at 07:46 AM

Another good reason to go 5 I guess

I would be searching for some dirt roads up on the hill to get around it.

Way back when they had the little "telephone booth" checkpoint at the south end of Maneadero we had a race sponsor who sent his teenager down to prerun with us and they would not let him pass with us
So we just doglegged up east of town, found some dirt and we were on our way.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 8-4-2023 at 08:52 AM

Quote: Originally posted by thebajarunner  
Another good reason to go 5 I guess

I would be searching for some dirt roads up on the hill to get around it.

Way back when they had the little "telephone booth" checkpoint at the south end of Maneadero we had a race sponsor who sent his teenager down to prerun with us and they would not let him pass with us
So we just doglegged up east of town, found some dirt and we were on our way.

The tiny immigration booth... south side of Maneadero... funny story:
Around 1980, we were going to Castro's Camp, by Ejido Eréndira, for some epic bottom fishing.
We stopped at that booth (as in years past)... My dad walked up to the old, impressively-uniformed officer to get our tourist permits. When that was done, the officer said to my dad: "If you would like to give me a tip, I will except it"... ahhh the good old days!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 8-4-2023 at 09:49 AM

Last week one person was 4 hour wait. From Ensenada south first down hill traffic stops. Stay to right away from cars on pavement take dirt bypass easy to follow.
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-4-2023 at 09:59 AM
Exactly what I told my friend

Quote: Originally posted by bajatrailrider  
Last week one person was 4 hour wait. From Ensenada south first down hill traffic stops. Stay to right away from cars on pavement take dirt bypass easy to follow.

My mantra for 50 years...

"In Baja, there is always a way around a problem"
liknbaja127
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-4-2023 at 06:32 PM

We were through there last week, going down was about 15 min,
extra, and about the same comming home. we do try to get
there early morming, 8, 9 am.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.