Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: Food For Thought
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 7-25-2006 at 11:27 AM

peeing on a persons campfire? Go for it! Might lead to some hurt feelings, or other things.
DanO
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-25-2006 at 11:39 AM

Steam burns.

\"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.\" -- Frank Zappa
flyfishinPam
Super Nomad

Mood: gone fishin'

[*] posted on 7-25-2006 at 02:53 PM

I read the thread that's being discussed and agree with Longlegsinlapaz.

Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 7-25-2006 at 03:35 PM

flyfishinPam you cant tell now the thread has been trashed buy editing and deleting of posts and everything is out of context. I was supporting that woman until she attacked me. everyone drooped the issue because we were tired of it also. and now longleggs insists on dragging this thing through the fire one more time just to stir the pot. :barf:

be careful who you support.:light:

[Edited on 7-25-2006 by Bruce R Leech]

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

flyfishinPam
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-25-2006 at 06:34 PM

Yeah I didn't take into consideration how chpooed up the thread became. I read it only after it received attention somewhere but the lady posted a promo which is allowed and the first one who responded called it spam. The way I see it is that the promo was in a place that was designated for such postings so the person wasn't out of line. However the person did go off in a weird way and shouldn;t be in a position of customer service. The whole thing drew lots of negative attention and likely backfired on the poster n the long run. Anyway colonet is too cold for me.

bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-25-2006 at 06:48 PM

Except she had nothing to sell - was looking for investors and then buy something. Not quite the same as selling a lot.

No Bad Days

\"Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference\"

\"The trouble with doing nothing is - how do I know when I\'m done?\"

Nomad Baja Interactive map

And in the San Felipe area - check out Valle Chico area
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 7-25-2006 at 07:08 PM

yes no lots for sale even thought they acted like it was a done deal....

only investment ops

and...

we all know you're a girl, pam but....

was this really a girl posting...maybe not...

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
Paula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-25-2006 at 08:00 PM

Pilar had every right to post her ad under real estate for sale.

Those who responded attacked the post that she made, and I think they raised reasonable questions, perhaps somewhat somewhat tactlessly.

She went on to make personal attacks on those who responded to her ad. Her assumptions about the posters were unfounded and outrageous.

Some posts inspire less than polite responses, and that is how conversation sometimes works. I don't really have a problem with that, especially when the banter is witty and to the point,

I stop short of feeling this is OK in any news of tragedy, such as Roger's untimely death, and other tragic news. I would hope that in the future in those threads we all put away our egos and senses of "humor", and offer our condolences, contribute meaningfully and respectfully, or simply remain quiet.

Let's all do our own self-censorship in these cases, and not make Doug come in and clean up after our childish rantings. Some things are sacred. Real estate isn't one of them.

[Edited on 7-26-2006 by Paula]
Don Alley
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-25-2006 at 08:33 PM

Ok, I lampooned her post with a graphic of a Spam can.

I felt that a first time post, that offered no land, lots, or buildings for sale, but was a solicitation for investors in an unusual investment scheme, met the description of "spam."

Some disagreed. I was, and continue to be, "taken to task" by some posters. And I believe that the contentions that I am a stupid, lonely, friendless, greedy, big developer may be construed by some (although apparently not by all) as personal attacks. But, unlike others, I did not hit the report button and ask that those posts be deleted. I understand that if and when I criticize a post I can't whine to the moderator if I don't like the responses.

I flatly disagree with the contention that anyone should be able to post any message on any board that is automatically free of criticism. I disagree with the contention that any criticism of the content of a message constitutes a personal attack. And I believe that if someone posts soliciting people to participate in more development of beachfront land, responses should not be limited to "attaboys" or expressions of interest.

I shouldn't have to agree with, or ignore, those with their waterfront development plans, no matter how much greenwash they apply. That doesn't mean that I'm going to jump all over any and every mention of development in Baja, but troll one by me with a lot of eco-babble and I just might bite.

But don't count on me to stay hooked long; I spit the hook on that thread after just a couple of jumps and may spit this one now too. :)

Oh, it's raining here in Loreto. ;)
Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 7-25-2006 at 08:46 PM
Brass balls

I admire you ability to stay on topic--but I wonder if there will be any results.

Come on Lady! You have much more than this to contirbute to your fellow Nomads. Please do it.

Am I in for it or what?

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-25-2006 at 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Paula
Pilar had every right to post her ad under real estate for sale.

[Edited on 7-26-2006 by Paula]

She did NOT have real estate for sale so why should she post there?
:?:

No Bad Days

\"Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference\"

\"The trouble with doing nothing is - how do I know when I\'m done?\"

Nomad Baja Interactive map

And in the San Felipe area - check out Valle Chico area
Paula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-25-2006 at 09:39 PM

Quote:
Oh, it's raining here in Loreto.

Not to hijack a thread or anythng,:saint:, but how hard is it raining in Loreto?!?
flyfishinPam
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-26-2006 at 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Paula
Quote:
Oh, it's raining here in Loreto.

Not to hijack a thread or anythng,:saint:, but how hard is it raining in Loreto?!?

Seemed it rained oly about 1/1000 th of an inch. Man we really need it too, maybe next time.

flyfishinPam
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-26-2006 at 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Alley
Ok, I lampooned her post with a graphic of a Spam can.

No te precoupes I thought it was funny but what it turned into? weird

longlegsinlapaz
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-27-2006 at 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bruce R Leech
flyfishinPam you cant tell now the thread has been trashed buy editing and deleting of posts and everything is out of context. I was supporting that woman until she attacked me. everyone drooped the issue because we were tired of it also. and now longleggs insists on dragging this thing through the fire one more time just to stir the pot. :barf:

be careful who you support.:light:

[Edited on 7-25-2006 by Bruce R Leech]

Please note: I created my original post 6/29, it was active until 6/30, then it sat idle until it was resurrected by someone other than me on 7/24, at which time I did respond to a comment directed at me.

The warning for Pam to be careful who she supports was real cute, although I doubt she was "supporting" me so much as she was simply agreeing with what I said in this one thread.
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-27-2006 at 07:39 AM

the problem here is know one has anything to go back and refer to the thread was co chopped up that nothing means what it was intended to. I think if a thread goes bad and needs attention the whole thread should be scratched. when you take out every other post and edit the ones you leave it is a disservice to all who read it from then on. then some one like longlegs who obversely wants to drag this thing out and milk it for all it is worth comes along reads it and thinks she is going to flame the ones responsible for picking on the poor little girl:lol:

[Edited on 7-27-2006 by Bruce R Leech]

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

longlegsinlapaz
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-27-2006 at 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Baja Bernie
I admire you ability to stay on topic--but I wonder if there will be any results.

Come on Lady! You have much more than this to contirbute to your fellow Nomads. Please do it.

Am I in for it or what?

Bernie, I'm crushed that you feel my contributions have been less than satisfactory.
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-27-2006 at 08:21 AM

Well longlegs why do you make a new thread with the obviously only purpose is to slam me and pick a fight. I don't want to fight with a fellow nomad but you force me to defined myself.

I think what Baja Bernie is trying to say is you have made many good posts here in the past and this thread is a little out of caricature for you.

[Edited on 7-27-2006 by Bruce R Leech]

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 7-27-2006 at 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bruce R Leech

I think what Baja Bernie is trying to say is you have made many god posts here in the past and this thread is a little out of caricature for you.

I thought only skeets did "god posts"
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-27-2006 at 03:03 PM

sorry

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.