BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4  ..  6
Author: Subject: Lots for Sell in Bahia Concepcion - Requeson
mpc

[*] posted on 11-25-2009 at 06:53 PM

Amala has nothing to do with Munoz. This is a private property that the company has owned since 1971 and is fully fenced. The complete area from Armenta to Requeson is owned by the same company. We have title insurance from First American Title Insurance Company and Stewart Title Insurance company. Nobody involved in the project has anything to do with Munoz. If anyone ones to know more about the development you can email directly at info@amalabaja.com

By the way nice way to treat a newbie....
norte
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-25-2009 at 07:34 PM

I guess that means you would not sign up again.

Hope all goes wel with your property
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 11-25-2009 at 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mpc

By the way nice way to treat a newbie....

Probably wasn't very nice, was it. Problem is, you present property for sale in a war zone and viewers are smart enough to be defensive. Don't fault them for that.

In the meantime, mpc, welcome to Nomad. It's a tough crowd but, if what you have for sale stands the Nomad test, you'll never have a better recommendation.

[Edited on 11-26-2009 by DENNIS]
Crusoe
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-25-2009 at 07:51 PM

Please explain to us about your water source and how you intend to deal with the sewage issue. Thank you.
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 11-25-2009 at 07:57 PM

i don't think mpc cares about your water or sewage. mpc cares about your money!

capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 11-26-2009 at 08:41 AM

"We have title insurance from First American Title Insurance Company and Stewart Title Insurance company"

sorry - but this begs the question - why would you have / need 2 different title insurance policies? why PAY for 2? a single title report on this property could be very expensive. sorry - i just have never heard of 2 title policies in evidence simultaneously.

now i have done an updated title report and paid for it but that is not an insurance policy in and of itself.
not knocking you - i'd love to buy a lote if i had the scratch.

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
mpc

[*] posted on 11-26-2009 at 09:04 AM

Thanks for the replies, I do intend to sign up again and I will answer the questions posted:

- Crusoe: for water source the only viable option is a water desal plant (reverse osmosis) that can support the water requirements of the development. We already have the design of the plant which will be in operation once we really need it which we estimate will not be for the next 18 months. Regarding sewage we have all the studies done regarding peak rainfall and runoff from storms so we make the required retaining walls and infrastructure to control it. This changed a bit since Jimena dropped a lot more water than any other storm in the last 100 years so we are adjusting for more Jimenas in the future. All homes will have independent septyc systems and we are evaluating having a centralized water treatment plant. I can add more detail to specific questions.

- Woody in ob- I think you will be surprised on how committed we are with the area and creating and amazing development that leads the way in developments in areas such as Bahia Concepcion. We are not only in it for the money and all though it is a business it is not the ultimate goal. Just to give you and idea we have set up the Amala Foundation in partnership with the Ocean Foundation and Pro-peninsula in order to commit a percentage of our sales and operating income for environmental efforts in the peninsula. This partnership helped us set up the guidelines for a true green sustainable development before we could work with these two great institutions . We have the chance to do it right and we will.

-Capt. Mike- The reason we have title insurance policies with First American and Stewart Title is that initially we got a policy for all the property which was done with Stewart (couple of years ago-500 acres). Secondly we insured a 100 acres parcel with First American that is where Amala is located and was part of the original property. We wanted to show that the property title was free and clear by the two standards of the industry since as you know there has been some people pretending to be owners and trying to sell the land. Luckily enough people have had so bad experiences that no one buys without extreme caution and title insurance.

I will keep posting info about the project and about what is happening in the bay. There are big plans for the area and as far as I know most of the developments are people that want to preserve this magnificent place as much as possible and develop in a less intrusive fashion than what has been done in baja. Any suggestions would be very appreciated since this crowd represents what baja is all about.
Gracias,

mpc
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 11-26-2009 at 09:14 AM

well then, let's hope it's done right. even though i hope it doesn't get done for my own SELFISH reasons.

vandenberg
Elite Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 11-26-2009 at 09:36 AM

Can't think of a worse place in all of Baja for a desal plant.
The discharge into the bay would be catastrophic to marine plant and wildlife. Unless they can think of another way to get rid of the plants by products, a plan like this is totally unfeasable. Even the Mexican government knows better then that, right ?

I think my photographic memory ran out of film

Air Evacuation go to
http://www.loretobarbara@skymed.com
Donjulio
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-26-2009 at 09:52 AM

Mpc what is the current permit status? Thanks
Paula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-26-2009 at 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mpc
Thanks for the replies, I do intend to sign up again and I will answer the questions posted:

- Crusoe: for water source the only viable option is a water desal plant (reverse osmosis) that can support the water requirements of the development. We already have the design of the plant which will be in operation once we really need it which we estimate will not be for the next 18 months. Regarding sewage we have all the studies done regarding peak rainfall and runoff from storms so we make the required retaining walls and infrastructure to control it. This changed a bit since Jimena dropped a lot more water than any other storm in the last 100 years so we are adjusting for more Jimenas in the future. All homes will have independent septyc systems and we are evaluating having a centralized water treatment plant. I can add more detail to specific questions.

- Woody in ob- I think you will be surprised on how committed we are with the area and creating and amazing development that leads the way in developments in areas such as Bahia Concepcion. We are not only in it for the money and all though it is a business it is not the ultimate goal. Just to give you and idea we have set up the Amala Foundation in partnership with the Ocean Foundation and Pro-peninsula in order to commit a percentage of our sales and operating income for environmental efforts in the peninsula. This partnership helped us set up the guidelines for a true green sustainable development before we could work with these two great institutions . We have the chance to do it right and we will.

-Capt. Mike- The reason we have title insurance policies with First American and Stewart Title is that initially we got a policy for all the property which was done with Stewart (couple of years ago-500 acres). Secondly we insured a 100 acres parcel with First American that is where Amala is located and was part of the original property. We wanted to show that the property title was free and clear by the two standards of the industry since as you know there has been some people pretending to be owners and trying to sell the land. Luckily enough people have had so bad experiences that no one buys without extreme caution and title insurance.

I will keep posting info about the project and about what is happening in the bay. There are big plans for the area and as far as I know most of the developments are people that want to preserve this magnificent place as much as possible and develop in a less intrusive fashion than what has been done in baja. Any suggestions would be very appreciated since this crowd represents what baja is all about.
Gracias,

mpc

It doesn't sound like Muñoz, but it sure sounds a lot like Butterfield and Grogan:O
Don Alley
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-26-2009 at 12:25 PM

Water, water, water...

Everyone always talks about the water, or the lack of it.

Be the scarce resource that washes away the greenwash and makes a big lie of all the "sustainabilty" claims is not the water, it's the lack of people in rural BCS.

Are the rich folk you sell to going to build and operate your desal plant? Or did you find local Mexican folks hanging out in Mulege, drinking their Modelos, with engineering degrees, ready, willing and able to build and operate the plant?

Fact is, you'll have to import workers for almost everything. And those workers will be followed by even more people, laborers, cooks, even burglars and drug dealers. None of them will be driving a new Prius or recycling their toilet water. And there will be 10 or more of them for each unit built.

We've seen what runs downhill from these so-called green developments.
KAT54
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-26-2009 at 12:25 PM

Yes, are the profepa permits in place?
Who owns the concession?
There is a real problem at Benaventura because of this.
Are the roads in?
Is there water to the lots yet?
Where is the desal plant located?
Where will the salty water go that isn't used?
What will be the price of the desal water per gallon?
Do you have the "clubhouse built yet?
Is there a show house to look at?
Crusoe
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-26-2009 at 02:51 PM

It will be a hard sell in these econmic times to try to market $500k, starting price, lots on undeveloped hardscrabble. A desal plant would kill almost all the marine life in southern portion Conception Bay very quickly. We will all just have to wait and see. Don't expect much!! ++C++
dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Tranquilo

[*] posted on 11-26-2009 at 08:26 PM

Tough crowd......dt

"Life is tough".....It's even tougher if you're stupid.....
mpc

[*] posted on 11-27-2009 at 09:08 AM

Water & Desal- desal plants do post an environmental hazard based on two things; their size and the way the by-product is managed. We decided to use a desal plant after evaluating other possible options and consulting with both experts in the subject and non profit groups that evaluate the environmental impact of such activities. The way our system will work is that the water will be extracted through a well, salt water fed to the plant has 30,000 ppm (parts per million of solids), three parts of salt water give you one part of fresh water. The by-product is exactly the same water but has now 50,000 ppm of solids. This is then injected to another well where the salt is slowly reabsorbed to the environment causing no contamination at all. The size of our plant will be fairly small and the estimated cost per gallon will be around half a cent which is comparable to the price that would be paid if you had municipal services.

Permit status- currently we have the subdivision authorized and the “uso de suelo”. We are in the process with our environmental study (MIA) and construction permits will follow.
We have an application for 4.5 km of concession of the federal zone in the works. It is significantly easier and less expensive to have the concession if you own the adjacent land which we do.
There is one road to the entrance of the property but the rest of the roads will be built once the permits are in place.
Water to the lots is not yet available, all services and utilities are expected to be in place in the next 18 to 24 months.
Floor plans of the units + the club house will be available soon.

The price stated on the presentation ($500 to $2M) is not ideal for this economic situation and that is why we have two lots for sell at a very significant discount (around 6 dollars a square foot). We have no hurry and we know the market will come back. For us is just about finding the right buyer that appreciates what we have and wants to be part of something as unique as the bay itself.

Additional note: we all know that Bahia Concepcion is one of those very unique places in the world and we all wish that progress will not change this beautiful place into another cabo, acapulco......well our view is that indeed progress is unavoidable but we have the chance to do it right and develop the area in way that you can enjoy the bay almost the same way we do it now. That is one of the reasons that in Amala less than 10% of the property will be built on, that is why all our water front lots are more than 100 meters away form the water, that is why all the unit locations within the lots depend on the vegetation and slope of each particular lot. Our number one priority is to preserve the place and create an experience of being in nature, non intrusive, peaceful..... Other developers in the area share this philosophy and this can be done right. It will never be the baja of the past but it can be done very well. This will obviously mean more people, more workers, more jobs, less poverty and we hope we can bring pride to the locals about what they have and show them that their best bet is to preserve this paradise, it is the most important asset they will ever have. This is no Loreto Bay, I think those guys had the right idea but got to play with people that do not care about environmental issues. Anyway they did put Loreto in the map and did a lot of good for the community. I could not dislike the project it itself more but they were pioneers and that has a lot of value.

If you need any additional info email at info@amalabaja.com

Gracias,
k-rico
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-27-2009 at 09:40 AM

How about a nice RV park until you find the very rich buyers you're looking for? That way folks can enjoy the area and the locals can benefit from the income until you turn it into an exclusive area that 99.99999% of the people won't be able to enjoy.
wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-27-2009 at 09:47 AM

mpc - I'll just come out and say it - you sound just like the jerks who developed Loreto Bay and totally ruined that bay and it's immediate region for all eternity. Your so-called plan is exactly the same - your rhetoric is exactly the same. You say you appreciate people who want to preserve Baja's magnificence and then out of the other side of your mouth, you state you want to develop it all the way to conception Bay.

Again, I will do everything I can to discourage buyers and prevent your development. I represent the people who want Baja to remain as the very special ecological treasure it is - for everyone - not just a few people who want to own it, and people like you who want to profit.

Go ahead - game on.
KAT54
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-27-2009 at 10:53 AM

So wilderone you are saying that you
just want to use someone elses property for free?
You do not have any money?
This family says they own this land?
You would rather just abuse the land with you waste and trash and cars?
Can we come to your house and park on your front lawn?
Can we dump our waste there?
Donjulio
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-27-2009 at 12:12 PM

If your environmental study isn't finished yet you don't have your F3 permit which means you can't legally sell. So whats up?
 Pages:  1  2    4  ..  6

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.