BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: Finding Fossils is Fun in Baja! (March 2013 Baja Bound Newsletter)
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-22-2013 at 08:09 AM

Yes, see the article... at the end.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 3-22-2013 at 08:11 AM

I' pretty sure there are laws...do not remove....oh and just to clarify....Kasheydog & Sarah are only models holding those montrous shark teeth...some guy came by to show them his collection.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 3-22-2013 at 08:53 AM

Oh, good... I was going to say Dick had some incredible 'beginners luck'!!!:o

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 3-22-2013 at 12:26 PM

That would be:

magnanimous:

mag·nan·i·mous
[mag-nan-uh-muhs]
adjective
1. generous in forgiving an insult or injury; free from petty resentfulness or vindictiveness: to be magnanimous toward one's enemies.

2.high-minded; noble: a just and magnanimous ruler.

3. proceeding from or revealing generosity or nobility of mind, character, etc.: a magnanimous gesture of forgiveness.

;D:biggrin:

[Edited on 3-22-2013 by motoged]

Don't believe everything you think....
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-22-2013 at 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by motoged
That would be:

magnanimous:

mag·nan·i·mous
[mag-nan-uh-muhs]
adjective
1. generous in forgiving an insult or injury; free from petty resentfulness or vindictiveness: to be magnanimous toward one's enemies.

2.high-minded; noble: a just and magnanimous ruler.

3. proceeding from or revealing generosity or nobility of mind, character, etc.: a magnanimous gesture of forgiveness.

;D:biggrin:

[Edited on 3-22-2013 by motoged]

I love the way you parse different posts. :biggrin:

dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Tranquilo

[*] posted on 3-22-2013 at 06:41 PM

Great post David, I enjoyed the article. Thank you for posting it.....dt

"Life is tough".....It's even tougher if you're stupid.....
BeemerDan
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-22-2013 at 09:12 PM

I like it too, and don't understand all the BS whining about what David wrote. Some of us newbies appreciate it. Its informative to me, and heck if i'd found something like that huge shark tooth i would've been tempted to throw it in my saddlebag, Now I know better.
Thanks David.
bajadogs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-22-2013 at 10:05 PM

I'm gonna write a story on my website about a very desirable wood. It is thousands of years old and goes gangbusters on ebay. The article will appear on my website on where it is and how to find it. I will show you how to cut and pull it out of the ground. I will warm myself by the fire of this wood.

- Lorax
dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-22-2013 at 10:24 PM

Ok dogs, you make a good point. Using the information in the article go out and pick up a few megladon teeth....let us know how it goes, be sure and post some pictures....

Honestly, I don't know why some folks find the need to stir up chit and kick DK in the nuts at any and every opportunity. I would challenge any of you, yes, any of you to share more and better information about Baja with your fellow Nomad bretheren (and sisteren if that is a word). We all have differing views about the world in general but when it comes to Baja information there isn't anyone on this board that is more informative and helpful than DK. This is, after all what Baja Nomads is about, If you are just looking for a keyboard fight take your couch and go somewhere else.....

I appreciate your help and information on all things Baja DK, don't let a few sourpusses spoil your efforts, remember, don't argue with an idiot, the casual observer might not be able to tell who is who, always take the higher road.....dt

bajadogs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-22-2013 at 11:43 PM

I'm an idiot?
DT, I can't wait to shake your hand.

[Edited on 3-23-2013 by bajadogs]

[Edited on 3-23-2013 by bajadogs]
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-23-2013 at 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by dtbushpilot

Honestly, I don't know why some folks find the need to stir up chit and kick DK in the nuts at any and every opportunity. I would challenge any of you, yes, any of you to share more and better information about Baja with your fellow Nomad bretheren (and sisteren if that is a word). We all have differing views about the world in general but when it comes to Baja information there isn't anyone on this board that is more informative and helpful than DK. This is, after all what Baja Nomads is about, If you are just looking for a keyboard fight take your couch and go somewhere else.....

You don't know?

Why don't you try harder. You've been on this board at least as long as I have - 10 years. Why do all these 'sourpusses' 'pick' on one and the same individual year after year, thread after thread. If you knew absolutely nothing of the past wouldn't you think that maybe, just maybe, there's a reason.

I mean if all of these people as evil as you make them out to be why aren't they evil to anyone else?

Why is it that half of DK threads end up like this? Ask yourself that. Why doesn't anybody else go through this same angst repeatedly.

Ask yourself these questions please. Let's be a little honest with ourselves.
Geo_Skip
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-23-2013 at 06:29 AM

Thank you Skipjack. Trolls are an irritant, but a troll plus an enabler really get disgusting and drive people away.

PS, if you stop along the road from Visciano to Asuncion, where the fingers of the lagoon cross the road...the causeway for the road is full of Turitella (tightly spiraled cone shells 2 to 4 inches long) washing out of the fill....estimated 11 million years and mostly replaced by silica, fossil shells, fun and abundant. Some small scallops are in these same disturbed sediments.

Enjoy.
dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-23-2013 at 10:20 AM

To all that I've offended:
I didn't mean to call you an idiot dogs, I apologize. I re-read the post and realize that DK wasn't arguing with anyone, my bad, late night posting has done it to me again.

I asked myself the questions as you encouraged me to do skipjack. My observations are that there is a small group of people that like to bash DK. There are lots of reasons for this: DK can be annoying at times, he can come across as a "know it all" (he does know more about Baja than most), he shares his opinion on potentially controversial topics and he makes a lot of posts with lots of words, pictures and opinions.

To the topic of not giving directions to your "secret spot": I get it, I really do but I try to ask myself if it is actually going to have a negative impact. If I found a field littered with gold (or sharks teeth or double overhead waves) in a readily accessible area I would probably keep it to myself. On the other hand if it is a place where few people would go in some rugged far off place I don't see a lot of harm in it....unless of course it's MY secret place.

Am I the troll or the enabler or both Geo? I will admit that my posts of late are more sarcastic and condescending in nature than in the past. I seldom post anything of substance with pictures and a story line any more. In fact this is about the longest post I've made in a while. It's probably due to low-T or grumpy old man syndrome.

At any rate, if it means I've become a troll on a board that I've enjoyed and contributed to for a number of years so be it, I've been called worse things, I'll get over it somehow......

motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 3-24-2013 at 01:23 PM

Quote:
.....To the topic of not giving directions to your "secret spot": I get it, ..... if it is a place where few people would go in some rugged far off place I don't see a lot of harm in it....unless of course it's MY secret place......

Nomads,
Here are some of DT's secret spots....all presenting with excellent ubication....:

I can't say where they are or he will have to shoot me :saint: :

Watch yer head, David.... :lol: :

Don't believe everything you think....
dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-24-2013 at 02:44 PM

I still have gps coordinates to all those places ged, maybe me and DK can get together and post some maps.....

shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 3-24-2013 at 03:20 PM

wow...nice ride down DT lane...I got a warm fuzzy feeling in my gut...which I treated with a cold tecate. I'm with you on this dogpile DT...while there are a few here I'd rather enjoy nut kicking...DK aint one of em.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-24-2013 at 05:10 PM

Quote:
I asked myself the questions as you encouraged me to do skipjack. My observations are that there is a small group of people that like to bash DK. There are lots of reasons for this: DK can be annoying at times, he can come across as a "know it all" (he does know more about Baja than most), he shares his opinion on potentially controversial topics and he makes a lot of posts with lots of words, pictures and opinions. .....

I am guilty, yes I am. As you said, he can be annoying, but I know that he can also be ignored. I ignored him on this thread even though in my mind, I totally agreed with a couple of other people I thought it was just not the thing to do at this time. This thread had some very interesting editing done by the Big Kahuna.

I guess being called a liar more than once by DK has left a sour taste. He simply cannot accept that not every one experiences every thing the same as he does, so he decided over and over that I must not be telling the truth and said so. But it is long past the time to take the high road and ignore him completely and hope he will do the same. We have met a number of Nomads over the years who we really like, or at least respect, and others, well, not so much--- fortunately, we have not met DK.

As someone recently said, when they see that sun, they scroll on down. In the name of World Peace which we hope will come someday, I shall do likewise; he simply is not worth it and it only brings forth chicken noises.

MOTOGED --- I always liked those pictures---they are very good.

[Edited on 3-25-2013 by DianaT]

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 3-24-2013 at 05:29 PM

Wow, how sweet... that's okay, I like playing in mud so throw some more at me. I also know Nomads who have met you and your hate of me is something you seem to enjoy sharing with members of this forum. I have tried making nice and frequently complement your posts as long as you don't hurt the locals by saying unkind things about them or their father, as you did about San Borja with your as always great photos. Most or all of which you removed when I questioned the purpose of hurting their livelihood.

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-24-2013 at 06:10 PM

GEOGRAPHOBIA !

its a real condition where people are terrified of maps!

gotta be it! :?:
dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-24-2013 at 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
wow...nice ride down DT lane...I got a warm fuzzy feeling in my gut...which I treated with a cold tecate. I'm with you on this dogpile DT...while there are a few here I'd rather enjoy nut kicking...DK aint one of em.

Thanks shari, I enjoyed the pictures too and look forward to riding with ged again. That said, I also see through the seemingly friendly and innocent post by my Nomad brethren from the cold North, he posted the pictures so that dogs, skipjack and geo would know who to beat up.:lol::lol:

Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.