Pages:  1  ..  18    20    22  ..  25
Author: Subject: Megadrought Predictions
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 3-16-2015 at 11:58 AM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  
Quote: Originally posted by Barry A.  

The Military is being gutted, regardless of claims to the contrary, or reasons why,.............

I think you just said that you believe in something without regard to the facts.

:?:

---I am just going by what Admirals and Generals etc. tell me via FOX NEWS etc.. When I want information on Military matters I like to listen to the experts-------that being "Generals and Admirals"--------------like the Progressives are always telling me to do (unless the experts say something they don't like).

Barry
DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2015 at 12:04 PM

The Military is being gutted, regardless of claims to the contrary, or reasons why,.............

I think you just said that you believe in something without regard to the facts.

---I am just going by what Admirals and Generals etc. tell me via FOX NEWS etc.. When I want information on Military matters I like to listen to the experts-------that being "Generals and Admirals"--------------like the Progressives are always telling me to do (unless the experts say something they don't like).

Barry

Barry, I am really surprised by your answer. Of course the Admirals and Generals who appear on Faux News are the ones that agree with their agenda just like the ones who appear on MSNBC have a completely different story. They are simply political tools.

monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2015 at 12:06 PM

Barry
What do you think about this retired major general's view?

http://contraryperspective.com/2015/03/16/sniper-chris-kyle-...

"The future ain't what it used to be"
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 3-16-2015 at 12:24 PM

Bill O'Reilly....Oh, o'Really?

http://www.cnn.com/videos/tv/2015/03/01/new-exaggeration-allegations-against-bill-oreilly.cnn?iid=ob_article_footer_expansion&iref=obnetwork

Don't believe everything you think....
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2015 at 12:34 PM

Bill O'Liarly.

SFandH
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 3-16-2015 at 12:36 PM

Barry

OK at least you're listening to opinions of folks that don't have a vested interest in the military budget. :O

But congress has mandated cuts in the military budget. That's a good thing. It's way too much money that we don't have. Best thing congress has done recently. IMHO

Plus our involvement in Iraq and Afghanistan is greatly reduced, the budget should be cut back, and we've managed to stay out of other countries like Syria and Libya. Thank you President Obama.

For the next war taxes should be raised to pay for it. Then we'll see how gung-ho the conservatives are.

[Edited on 3-16-2015 by SFandH]
LancairDriver
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2015 at 01:17 PM

Quote: Originally posted by motoged  
Quote: Originally posted by LancairDriver  
Got to agree with Goat on the dark ages part. I believe they started about 2008.:biggrin::biggrin:

Oh, I get it....a racial slur :no:

Given your past posting track record on the way your dark mind works, it's not surprising you would come to the sickest interpretation of that remark. Disgusting.
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2015 at 03:14 PM

Barry

OK at least you're listening to opinions of folks that don't have a vested interest in the military budget. :O

But congress has mandated cuts in the military budget. That's a good thing. It's way too much money that we don't have. Best thing congress has done recently. IMHO

Plus our involvement in Iraq and Afghanistan is greatly reduced, the budget should be cut back, and we've managed to stay out of other countries like Syria and Libya. Thank you President Obama.

For the next war taxes should be raised to pay for it. Then we'll see how gung-ho the conservatives are.

They are working overtime on both sides of the aisle to roll back the sequester. Don't underestimate the war lobby, that's what all the saber rattling is about. Nothing gets the military budget increased faster than scaring the bejeezus out of the voter with nuclear holocaust scenarios.

SFandH
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 3-16-2015 at 03:19 PM

Darn it, you spoiled my optimism, correctly so.
motoged
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2015 at 03:24 PM

Got to agree with Goat on the dark ages part. I believe they started about 2008.:biggrin::biggrin:

Given your past posting track record on the way your dark mind works, it's not surprising you would come to the sickest interpretation of that remark. Disgusting.

Your remark was disgusting....I will leave it up to you to defend it.

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 3-16-2015 at 03:33 PM

Blind A$shole voters would be a bit more careful in their voting for GOP war mongers if all wars had mandatory draft for 50 percent of the force, and mandatory income tax to pay for war costs in year war costs incurred. When calendar year ends dec 31, IRS should issue by jan 30 the special war tax rate, a tax rate and obligation that will have no loopholes, all pay 100% of their obligation.

Re generals and admirals opinions about DOD funding, they are all biased to spout nonsense to fund their own nonsense.

The worst offenders of the nanny state are the legions of military slackers and veterans that think their service requires taxpayers to keep paying and paying.
Eliminate all double dipping of ex military collecting pensions while otherwise employed!
End the VA for all but amputees and disabled!
LancairDriver
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2015 at 03:54 PM

[Edited on 3-16-2015 by SFandH][/rquote]They are working overtime on both sides of the aisle to roll back the sequester. Don't underestimate the war lobby, that's what all the saber rattling is about. Nothing gets the military budget increased faster than scaring the bejeezus out of the voter with nuclear holocaust scenarios.[/rquote]

We missed a golden opportunity after the Soviet Union threw in the towel and ended the cold war to make the US and the World a better place, having tons of money to spend on peaceful projects. Instead we embarked on a campaign to expand NATO and the EU and surround Russia with NATO members, and provoke them into helping scare the bejeezus out of us to keep on endless military spending although we are years ahead in Military technology. Throw in starting a few wars in the middle east, and helping Bin Ladin succeed beyond his wildest dreams in stirring up the Muslim world as well as dramatically changing our free way of life and driving us into near bankruptcy. Also destabilizing a few governments such as Egypt, Syria, Ukraine and Libya, who had the highest standard of living in the middle east and where Ghadafi did a good job of containing the terrorist element for the last ten years.
Our latest adventure in overthrowing the government in Ukraine and acquiring Russia's naval base there has backfired badly, thanks to Vladimir Putin digging in his heals and holding the Nuclear grenade in his hand, which our warmongers have finally paid attention to. Our 550 some military bases around the world compared to Russia's four or five isn't nearly enough of an advantage. However, the down side is that they will now howl for more high tech, ridiculously expensive weaponry to counter this and restart the cold war and maybe even push to warm it up a bit.
SFandH
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 3-16-2015 at 04:25 PM

Our latest adventure in overthrowing the government in Ukraine and acquiring Russia's naval base there has backfired badly, thanks to Vladimir Putin digging in his heals and holding the Nuclear grenade in his hand, which our warmongers have finally paid attention to.

Wow, that's news to me. I'm not doubting what you say, I've never heard what's going on in the Ukraine described in that manner.

motoged
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2015 at 04:45 PM

Just views from a "light' mind....:lol:

Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2015 at 05:24 PM

Your remark was a racist slur. You can play the double meaning game to your advantage but it changes little.
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2015 at 05:31 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Blind A$shole voters would be a bit more careful in their voting for GOP war mongers if all wars had mandatory draft for 50 percent of the force, and mandatory income tax to pay for war costs in year war costs incurred. When calendar year ends dec 31, IRS should issue by jan 30 the special war tax rate, a tax rate and obligation that will have no loopholes, all pay 100% of their obligation.

Re generals and admirals opinions about DOD funding, they are all biased to spout nonsense to fund their own nonsense.

The worst offenders of the nanny state are the legions of military slackers and veterans that think their service requires taxpayers to keep paying and paying.
Eliminate all double dipping of ex military collecting pensions while otherwise employed!
Goat, It's not just the GOP. There are plenty of neocons in the Democratic party. Look at the klusterfock they created with their preemptive war in Libya and misguided adventures in the Ukraine.

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 3-16-2015 at 05:43 PM

Quote: Originally posted by monoloco  
Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

Goat, It's not just the GOP. There are plenty of neocons in the Democratic party. Look at the klusterfock they created with their preemptive war in Libya and misguided adventures in the Ukraine.

draft their children! no college deferments! flat feet no longer an excuse (give them dr scholls insoles)
LancairDriver
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2015 at 06:01 PM

Quote:
Quote: Originally posted by Skipjack Joe  

Your remark was a racist slur. You can play the double meaning game to your
advantage but it changes little.

Looks like you are the one to push the "double meaning" with a clumsy race baiting comment hoping to appear as a liberal, racially tolerant champion, without a clue about anyone else's position. Do you people somehow get the recognition or satisfaction you are trying to gain through this? I won't waste my time outlining all of the "dark age" of the past six years, that include the highest national debt of any period in our history, The highest number of people on public assistance, approaching half of the nation, unemployment and underemployment, causing as much death and distruction in the world since the Bush days, to name just a few.

[Edited on 3-17-2015 by LancairDriver]
Cisco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2015 at 07:04 PM

California Is Turning Back Into A Desert And There Are No Contingency Plans.

http://www.theburningplatform.com/2015/03/16/california-is-t...

redhilltown
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2015 at 11:30 PM

Quote:
Quote: Originally posted by Skipjack Joe  

Your remark was a racist slur. You can play the double meaning game to your
advantage but it changes little.

Looks like you are the one to push the "double meaning" with a clumsy race baiting comment hoping to appear as a liberal, racially tolerant champion, without a clue about anyone else's position. Do you people somehow get the recognition or satisfaction you are trying to gain through this? I won't waste my time outlining all of the "dark age" of the past six years, that include the highest national debt of any period in our history, The highest number of people on public assistance, approaching half of the nation, unemployment and underemployment, causing as much death and distruction in the world since the Bush days, to name just a few.

[Edited on 3-17-2015 by LancairDriver]

Uh...no. And I for one have no idea what you meant by dark ages... But to equate a trillion dollars of death and destruction in Irag vs the rise in public assistance under Obama is silly. Unless of course, the deaths of tens of thousands innocent people doesn't really "count"...and I gotta say, for many people here, it doesn't.

Were you just as vehement against St Ronnie The Reagan when he bloated the federal government, smashed all records for debt and deficits, and raised taxes????????? Were you? If not, why?

And nice to see you cop to the "death and destruction" during the Bush years. So you've admitted incompetency for Bush and I have added Reagan...why is Obama so much worse?
 Pages:  1  ..  18    20    22  ..  25

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.