Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  19    21    23  ..  70
Author: Subject: Ron Hoff/Bajagringo attacked
Neal Johns
Super Nomad

Mood: In love!

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 01:59 PM

Kudos to all the people that have helped in this situation. Good dogs all!
Neal

My motto:
Never let a Dragon pass by without pulling its tail!
fandango
Senior Nomad

wow.
i hope daughter will give us more information via this board.
i am feeling a bit more optimistic for them.

this sounds like great information!!!!

sbwontoo
AmoPescar
Senior Nomad

Mood: Need a Fish Taco and a Pacifico!

GREAT NEWS!!!

LET'S ALL CONTINUE TO KEEP THEM IN OUR PRAYERS!

Pray that their healing continues...that their doctors continue to have the wisdom and skills needed for their treatment. Also...that the family be given strength in their time of need and that they have the wisdom to make the necessary decisions

Michael

Nomad Amigos...Here\'s hoping you all have safe Baja travels, amazing sunrises, sunny days, comforting breezes, beautiful sunsets, tasty tacos, cold cervezas and frosty margaritas!!
fandango
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Neal Johns
Kudos to all the people that have helped in this situation. Good dogs all!
Neal

i agree.
i've never seen anything like it.

sbwontoo
Katiejay99
Nomad

Mood: it is what it is

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 02:02 PM

Can we assume that Cristina is awake and talking? Anyone know anything about her condition? I can't wait to hear what Serinita has to say after talking with Rons daughter.

latina
Nomad

Wow! That's certainly encouraging... We'll keep them in our prayers.
jureal
Nomad

That's all good news. Thanks everyone. Praying for a speedy recovery.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by astrobaja
Roberto and all, Ok I can corroborate the story Ferna got. Just talked to Caty via viber (iphone app) and yes he has had an MRI and he has no blood clots. They were trying to take out his breathing tube but he was struggling a bit. He also has a broken jaw. Caty got all this talking to Christina and her husband. Cristina was NOT cut in the throat as the story was told in the papaer (and what I heard from Chava) but they tried to strangle her! So both are improving by leaps and bounds!!

Thank you Mike!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Timo1
Senior Nomad

Mood: Lovin every minute of it

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 02:05 PM

Yes yes and YES !!!!!!!!

sold out and got out !!!
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Roberto
Latest is that Ferna spoke to his daughter:

"Ron is doing much better. They are going to disconnect him from whatever he's connected to, and he should be home in three days".

She also apparently paid a bill that included MRI costs???? of several thousand dollars. She has no intention of moving him anywhere.

Very different report from the others, but it comes from his daughter so there it is. Let's pray it's accurate. Fernando and I are still on standby and will remain so should anything change.

I also spoke with Fernando on the phone and received the same info. FDT also mentioned the Hoffs have paid over $5k thus far. FDT says he spoke to Christine Hoff on the telephone, and he now has her direct tel#. Christine is aware of this thread, but is not monitoring it, and indicated she was not aware of the $$$ that were being offered to help transport Ron.

FDT also mentioned - per his conversation with Christine - that the prognosis for Cristina was same/similar, and that she was expected to go home in a few days.

BTW... have an email from a Nomad offering an additional $1k towards assisting both Ron and Cristina if necessary - for anyone that's keeping count.

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
AmoPescar
Senior Nomad

Mood: Need a Fish Taco and a Pacifico!

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 02:34 PM

FYI to all...

Just received another call from Celia with Binational Emergency.

Celia said she had spoken with the daughter and confirmed that the daughter did not wish to have them transferred, moved or evac'd. The daughter told her they are improving and may be released soon, just as Fernando was told earlier.

Again...PLEASE keep ALL in your prayers!

Michael

Nomad Amigos...Here\'s hoping you all have safe Baja travels, amazing sunrises, sunny days, comforting breezes, beautiful sunsets, tasty tacos, cold cervezas and frosty margaritas!!
SiReNiTa
Special Correspondent

Mood: Savoring life while saving the world!

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 02:39 PM

Hey everyone, I just talked to Christine on the phone a few minutes ago and can also corroborate the stories posted above.

Cristina is awake and talking, christine was with her for a couple of hours this morning, they will be releasing her from the hospital in the next couple of days.

As far as Ron is concerned he did get an MRI and there were no blood clots, trauma's or anything else that was immediately life threatening. The only swelling he has is due to the blow's he took to the head, but other than that he is stable and they are in the process of taking the breathing apparatus out. He is still sedated tho.

Neither Cristina or Ron will be moved, for a few different reasons, Christine did tell me that the doctors are treating them both very well, Ron has 24/7 doctor surveillance and is getting all the attention he needs. She sounded confident that the doctors at Del Carmen are doing a great job, which gave me some peace of mind.

She also told me she would continue to update me as far as their status goes through FB or phone.
Christine also expressed extreme gratitude towards the funds that have been raised as the bill for the hospital is pretty darn high (about 5k so far), she is heading back to the U.S. to check her father's finances in case they need more.

I'll keep updating you all as I get more news, I'll head over to the hospital in a little bit to see if I can get any more info but I doubt it.

This has been one heck of a ride, but thank God all of our efforts and prayers are working and both Ron and his wife are getting better.
Keep them in your prayers and thanks to everyone for pulling together this mass effort!

Live life as well as you can,
don\'t regret the things that once made you smile,
learn from your mistakes,
and thank God for every second he gives you upon this earth.

Visit me at
Http://BajaScents.Scentsy.com.mx
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 02:40 PM

I just spoke to sirena who also spoke to Cristina Hoff who confirmed that both ron and cristina were doing fine and would be released soon. Daughter Cristina is heading back home to deal with some financial issues and was very very relieved that there were some funds available...great Ferna is in contact with her too.

After discussions with the doctor, she did not want to move Ron because she felt he wouldnt want to be in the states while Cristina was here.

What would be nice is if people could be present at the hospital as a vigil and for support...I'm not sure who is with Cristina.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 02:44 PM

What a relief to read all this.
Iflyfish
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 02:50 PM

If I am ever down I would sure want Nomads by my side. Been lurking, nothing to add except kudos to Nomads!

Iflyfish
MikeYounghusband
Nomad

Mood: Always ready for more

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 02:57 PM

You guys did it agian. Nomads to the rescue. God bless Baja Nomads.

Mike
Mexitron
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Happy!

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 03:09 PM

Good news! Way to go nomads!
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MikeYounghusband
You guys did it agian. Nomads to the rescue. God bless Baja Nomads.

Mike

One for all and all for one!:bounce:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

baja1943
Banned

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 03:15 PM

For future reference where would one go to get a MRI scan in Ensenada?
angels4
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2011 at 03:19 PM

Shari- We should be at the hospital by 7:00am Wednesday. My husband and brother will leave me with Cristina so I can stay with her all day. They will head down to Ron's house to check things out and will be back later that night. You can count on me for Wednesday to be with Christina all day and night. Prayers are being answered. We leave tomorrow night from Bakersfield that is why I figure our ETA will be around 7:00am... Take care.
 Pages:  1  ..  19    21    23  ..  70

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.