Author: Subject: San Ysidro crossing closed
DaliDali
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-28-2018 at 07:49 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Quote: Originally posted by mxracer50  
Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Quote: Originally posted by drzura  
A very unfortunate situation but maybe these people should not be rushing our border. It was quite a sight seeing them on the news channels rush through Mexico's southern border. Did Mexico say they were willing to take in these asylum seekers? :?:

Those refugees are so impolite. They really should stay home in Nicaragua and die silently at the hands of violent gangs instead of disrupting my shopping trip to Costco to buy another case of gin.
Hey, let’s change that “peace, love, fish tacos” motto thing to “me, me, me, me want fish tacos, me want to pickle my brain in gin, me no want smelly poor people.”

Maybe they should stay home and fix their own country!

They should have stayed home and died, eh?
You are a real piece of work :(

"Twice per year this guy spins a yarn, a tale of woe, and asks for donations. He’s a grifter/panhandler"

Yeah you're a real piece of work alright.
No legs, old man, wheelchair confined, lonely desert dweller....heaped onto the pile of "grifter" status by the all loving and compassionate Goat.

Yeah buddy

DouglasP
Nomad

Mood: Goat hunter.

[*] posted on 11-28-2018 at 07:57 AM

:biggrin: @dalidali, I wish there was a "like" button.

I like beer, better than most people.
DaliDali
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-28-2018 at 08:28 AM

Quote: Originally posted by JoeJustJoe  
This is the photo that is going viral around the world that shows the Trump administration, using tear gas on migrants, including young children.

And Joe never batted an eye when the Obama administration used gas 53 times and pepper spray 151 times by CBP agents.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/nov/26/obama-admin...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6436365/Tear-gas-us...

https://www.nationalreview.com/the-morning-jolt/obama-used-t...

https://www.bustle.com/p/did-obama-use-tear-gas-at-the-borde...

Obama gas good. Atta boy
Trump gas bad...hang him.

Yeah buddy

JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 11-28-2018 at 08:53 AM

Quote: Originally posted by paranewbi  
"How about a program that enables those willing to sponsor an immigrant and personally guarantee their support? This would weed out those who want to spend others money on the free programs."

I sought out a way to do this in 2006. We have sponsored a family since 1997 in Guatemala. Wife and I met the father in the jungle around Peten back then. Never faltered at meeting their basic needs financially to stay where they are.

Just published a book about how I lost my construction job to illegal immigrants in the 70's and my struggle to lose the animosity over that. Titled "Through The Eyes Of Juan" (the father in Peten).

It is now available at my website 'Shadowspath.net' and every penny from those sales will help support this family in Guatemala as my wife and I retire.

It's an easy read with pictures...perfectly suitable for a rainy day and a margarita! :D

Hello, the caravan and migrants, is about asylum, and the extreme dangers and lack of opportunity in their home countries that the United States, helped make worse by many ways.

This is not to say that the majority of migrants will get asylum, as each case is looked at individually, however, with this racist Trump administration, the chances of being granted asylum in the US is very very slim.

If you want to talk about regular immigration laws into the US, where the odds are stacked against Hispanic immigrants, again with this racist administration that wants to favor English speaking immigrants, ( white immigrants) that's another subject.

Please stop with ridiculous programs about sponsoring an immigrant and guaranteeing their support.

How is that going to work on a large scale seeing that most people do things for their own personal interest only. How is that going to work if you don't know anybody in the US to sponsor you?

Who wrote the book, " Through The Eyes Of Juan?" I don't even see it on Amazon.

It must not be a very good book, and in the 70's, undocumented Mexican workers was not a big problem, so if anybody is blaming undocumented Mexican workers for their lack of work in the 70's, is a loser, and he is engaged is scapegoating Mexicans.

JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 11-28-2018 at 09:12 AM

Quote: Originally posted by DaliDali  

And Joe never batted an eye when the Obama administration used gas 53 times and pepper spray 151 times by CBP agents.

Obama gas good. Atta boy

Yeah buddy

DaliDali, I looked through a few of your links, which some of those links are indeed dubious, like the "Washington Times, " although I'm sure the Obama, administration border patrol, probably used tear gas before, because after all the border patrols, is mainly made up by a bunch of jack booted thugs, who washed out from becoming real cops. So these guys are bad in any administration, although in Obama's last years, he pretty much put a muzzle on the Border patrol, and stopped them from deporting non criminal undocumented Mexican workers.

However, DaliDali, looking through your links, and photos, I don't see one case where the Border Patrol, was using tear gas on migrant women and children.

So if you want to claim the Obama administration did the same thing, you need to show a photo or article where the US border patrol, used tear gas on women and children.......that's the outrage that it was done on young children.

BTW DaliDali, your President who you love so much, denied tear gas was used on child migrants despite pictures, video.

Later Trump, lied again, and said, " ‘a very minor form of the tear gas itself’’ was used.

Hey DaliDali, there is no such thing as a very minor form of tear gas.

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 11-28-2018 at 09:43 AM

The real reasons that trump and gop oppose immigrants from central america are:
People of color dont vote gop because gop platform is bigoted/white nationalist
White people are afraid of brown people
Immigrants have better work ethic than lazy white people, so taking jobs away from lazy white people

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

DaliDali
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-28-2018 at 10:18 AM

Obama gas good. Atta boy

Yeah buddy

DaliDali, I looked through a few of your links, which some of those links are indeed dubious, like the "Washington Times, " although I'm sure the Obama, administration border patrol, probably used tear gas before, because after all the border patrols, is mainly made up by a bunch of jack booted thugs, who washed out from becoming real cops. So these guys are bad in any administration, although in Obama's last years, he pretty much put a muzzle on the Border patrol, and stopped them from deporting non criminal undocumented Mexican workers.

However, DaliDali, looking through your links, and photos, I don't see one case where the Border Patrol, was using tear gas on migrant women and children.

So if you want to claim the Obama administration did the same thing, you need to show a photo or article where the US border patrol, used tear gas on women and children.......that's the outrage that it was done on young children.

BTW DaliDali, your President who you love so much, denied tear gas was used on child migrants despite pictures, video.

Later Trump, lied again, and said, " ‘a very minor form of the tear gas itself’’ was used.

Did or did not, the Obama admin CBP/ICE use gas and pepper spray or not?

It is really that easy.

Users of tear gas don't select one individual(s) to target, but rather an "area" where crowd control needs are present.
The gas drifts with the breeze and may affect many people in the "plume"

There are two versions of "tear gas"......a CS version and a CN version.
CS gas is far more potent that CN.

Perhaps Trump was eludiing to CN gas as "minor" form of that gas.
Unless you have absolute proof that the CBP used the form CS as the gas agent, Trump may very well be correct with "minor"

Dubious links....ok got that.

Like I said......Obama gas and pepper spray ok good atta boy.
Trump gas.......bad bad let's hang him.

DaliDali
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-28-2018 at 10:43 AM

"How about a program that enables those willing to sponsor an immigrant and personally guarantee their support? This would weed out those who want to spend others money on the free programs."

I sought out a way to do this in 2006. We have sponsored a family since 1997 in Guatemala. Wife and I met the father in the jungle around Peten back then. Never faltered at meeting their basic needs financially to stay where they are.

Just published a book about how I lost my construction job to illegal immigrants in the 70's and my struggle to lose the animosity over that. Titled "Through The Eyes Of Juan" (the father in Peten).

It is now available at my website 'Shadowspath.net' and every penny from those sales will help support this family in Guatemala as my wife and I retire.

It's an easy read with pictures...perfectly suitable for a rainy day and a margarita! :D

If you want to talk about regular immigration laws into the US, where the odds are stacked against Hispanic immigrants, again with this racist administration that wants to favor English speaking immigrants, ( white immigrants) that's another subject.

Immigration stats prove you wrong Joe.....

12 out of the 15 top countries whence immigrants come from, are NOT English speaking (white immigrants)

Immigration laws and their applications on who is eligible and who is not is the same.....
A requirements of a person from Viet Nam seeking to immigrate to the US is EXACTLY the same as for a person from Guatemala

https://www.usnews.com/news/data-mine/articles/2018-05-01/im...

DouglasP
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-28-2018 at 11:06 AM

A quote from JJJ about wide brushes.
"This is called taking out your wide paint brush and painting all undocumented immigrants, as criminals, drunks, and killers."

A quote from JJJ wielding a wide brush. Irony isn't lost on some of us.
"because after all the border patrols, is mainly made up by a bunch of jack booted thugs, who washed out from becoming real cops."

JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 11-28-2018 at 11:20 AM

Did or did not, the Obama admin CBP/ICE use gas and pepper spray or not?

It is really that easy.

Users of tear gas don't select one individual(s) to target, but rather an "area" where crowd control needs are present.
The gas drifts with the breeze and may affect many people in the "plume"

There are two versions of "tear gas"......a CS version and a CN version.
CS gas is far more potent that CN.

Perhaps Trump was eludiing to CN gas as "minor" form of that gas.
Unless you have absolute proof that the CBP used the form CS as the gas agent, Trump may very well be correct with "minor"

DaliDali, you are still missing the boat. The fact that the Border Patrol, may have used tear gas on adult migrants is not the issue.

The issue, and world wide outrage, is that Trump's Border Patrol, used tear gas on women and children.

Do you understand DaliDali? It's about woman and children, just like in war, the war crimes start when women and children are attacked.

So in order for you to make an apple and apple comparison between the Trump, and The Obama, administration regarding tear gas, you need to show where under the Obama, administration tear gas was used on women and children.

According to the reporters and video, the women and children, were down in the river bed, and the border patrol, lobbed the tear gas canisters carelessly over to the Mexico side of the border. I'm surprised that Mexico, didn't lodge an official complaint.

Now had the Trump administration, apologized for gassing women and children, and said, they didn't account for the blowing wind, and would never do this again, they may have been forgiven, but instead Trump, and his administration, defended the use of tear gas, and they tried to down play the danger.

Here is the border patrol commission saying there is only 1 kind of gas. I take that to mean there is only 1 kind of tear gas in the border patrol arsenal, and it's very dangerous and can even lead to death.

Border commissioner: Only 1 kind of tear gas

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2018/11/27/chris-cuomo-t...

JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 11-28-2018 at 11:36 AM

Immigration stats prove you wrong Joe.....

12 out of the 15 top countries whence immigrants come from, are NOT English speaking (white immigrants)

Immigration laws and their applications on who is eligible and who is not is the same.....
A requirements of a person from Viet Nam seeking to immigrate to the US is EXACTLY the same as for a person from Guatemala

https://www.usnews.com/news/data-mine/articles/2018-05-01/im...

I'm talking about Trump's new immigration policy dreamed up by racist Stephen Miller, and two extreme hard line Senators, from the south, where racism against blacks, and Hispanics is very strong.

Of course it won't pass with a democrat Congress, but the hate exhibited towards immigrants, shows me why Trump is very popular among his base.

Donald Trump announces new immigration policy favouring financially stable English speakers

The legislation would drastically cut the number of legal immigrants allowed into the country

President Donald Trump is touting new legislation to overhaul the US immigration system, drastically cutting the number of legal immigrants allowed into the country and implementing a "merit-based" visa scheme.

If passed, the RAISE Act would cut the number of immigrants allowed into the United States by 50 per cent over the next 10 years. It would eliminate diversity lottery visas and crack down on so-called "chain immigration" – visas provided based on family connections, rather than jobs skills.

Mr Trump promoted the act alongside Senators Tom Cotton and David Perdue on Wednesday, claiming it would "reduce poverty, increase wages, and save taxpayers billions and billions of dollars".

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politic...

DouglasP
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-28-2018 at 11:41 AM

So in order for you to make an apple and apple comparison between the Trump, and The Obama, administration regarding tear gas, you need to show where under the Obama, administration tear gas was used on women and children.

wrong.jpg - 15kB

chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 11-28-2018 at 11:48 AM

WHY does anyone even WANT to make a comparison between Obama and Trump?

paranewbi
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-28-2018 at 11:54 AM

Hello, the caravan and migrants, is about asylum, and the extreme dangers and lack of opportunity in their home countries that the United States, helped make worse by many ways.

This is not to say that the majority of migrants will get asylum, as each case is looked at individually, however, with this racist Trump administration, the chances of being granted asylum in the US is very very slim.

Please stop with ridiculous programs about sponsoring an immigrant and guaranteeing their support.

How is that going to work on a large scale seeing that most people do things for their own personal interest only. How is that going to work if you don't know anybody in the US to sponsor you?

Who wrote the book, " Through The Eyes Of Juan?" I don't even see it on Amazon.

It must not be a very good book, and in the 70's, undocumented Mexican workers was not a big problem, so if anybody is blaming undocumented Mexican workers for their lack of work in the 70's, is a loser, and he is engaged is scapegoating Mexicans.

Tried to make my post as simple as possible JJJ but you failed the test. Yup, if it was available on Amazon I would have told you so...but I did tell you where it was available and if you knew anything about Amazon publishing you would know it costs a percentage + to use their system for such.

I stated the purpose was to continue support for our Guatemala family. Prudence dictates I have a duty to seek a path that gleans the greatest return for them.

"Must not be a very good book" you said, do you rate things you know nothing about? Oh, yea you do. I won't say it's a good book...that is for the individual to determine. But you judge before knowledge and that is because you lack wisdom.

Some of us engage the people in the land we visit in a personal way, not over a glass of booze. We don't leave it up to the government or a church to do what we can do for the one standing in front of us where we are. We take it upon ourselves to stand up and assist those in need, where they and we are. That is what my book is about.

I provided where my book is available. I provided the cause for my book. I also have provided my real name on my website as the author. It's a true to life story of my understanding how someone from south of our border sees us, the US. It's a story of how an illegal immigrant changed my life.
paranewbi
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-28-2018 at 12:04 PM

"It must not be a very good book, and in the 70's, undocumented Mexican workers was not a big problem, so if anybody is blaming undocumented Mexican workers for their lack of work in the 70's, is a loser, and he is engaged is scapegoating Mexicans."

By the way JJJ, it was a huge issue in the southwest in the late 70's. Your ignorance and irrational baseless musings are sad. I would suspect that your prejudicial biases are the strength of your existence.

I wrote the longest private editorial ever published in the San Diego Union when I (and my coworkers) were driven out of construction by the contractors hiring illegal immigrants. I appeared on the Roger Hedgec-ck radio show shortly after. My experience is documented and now published.

Read and then critique. If you dare;)
JoeJustJoe
Banned

[*] posted on 11-28-2018 at 12:07 PM

Lets give a few of you, especially Gnukid, something to cheer about, because Gnukid, posted about Miriam Celaya, aka frijole lady, a few pages back in this thread.

Celaya, was caught trying to cross over the border, and was arrested.

I don't blame her, because after she made her negative comments about beans, she received death threats, and she had to do something.

I'm not offended by her comments about beans. I myself, don't like central American food, so if she doesn't like a Mexican stable food of beans, that's understandable, and she apologized for her remarks.

What I find racist is non-Mexicans calling her the frijole lady.

Miriam Celaya, the migrant who refused beans, is detained

Miriam Celaya was arrested on Sunday after trying to cross from Tijuana to the United States illegally with the caravan of immigrants coming from Central America

After revealing that Miriam Celaya was under shelter in a shelter, it was learned that the Honduran migrant known as "reject" a dish of beans, is in a detention center in the United States.

https://www.excelsior.com.mx/nacional/detienen-a-miriam-cela...

chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-28-2018 at 12:33 PM

WTF?

Bubba
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-28-2018 at 12:47 PM

Obama gas good. Atta boy

Yeah buddy

Keep drinking that Haterade

Making America Great Again
joerover
Banned

Mood: sleepy

[*] posted on 11-28-2018 at 04:26 PM
No one addressed the real issues

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-honduras-drugs/honduran-c...

The Cocaine Import Agency has caused mass unrest in Honduras.

Fire bomb the drug plantations and the problems go away.

Go to college and join the studsent exchange program, scholarships available to those with a 4.0 all day every day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyaFeDlJJAk

Does Venezuela look a lot like pre wwII Germany?

Peten is a Poppy producing area of legendary proportion.
Send school books if you like, or toys for the children, Send clothes, send medecine to the clinic Dont send cash to a place with an unusually high per capita of junkies.
Do you recall the story of how El Chopo faked his own death in Carmelita Peten?
http://articles.latimes.com/2013/feb/21/world/la-fg-wn-guate...

Why did the president of Honduras say to blame your own country for the problems?

[Edited on 11-28-2018 by joerover]

the fat lady is breeding
which means
The fat ladys are breeding
chuckie
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-28-2018 at 05:20 PM

The whole bunch needs to be on Ludes...

Pages:  1  ..  3    5    7

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.